1-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Swift School in Roswell is easily a great school, I would choose excellent if able to. My daughter began attending Swift in third grade following a diagnosis of moderate dyslexia. She has learned to read at Swift, but more importantly, she has NO GAPS in her curriculum because her entire school day is spent in a place that teaches in a way she understands. She spends her days with classmates who are like her, with varying strengths and needs of course, so she has become comfortable with her dyslexia, confident with the tricks and tools she now knows to ask for, and use like a ninja; and this is invaluable! What stands out to me the most when I think of Swift is that Swift School provides a custom education for their students. What a student needs, a student gets, and they don't go unnoticed. It's amazing!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

No problems with bullying as we enter our third year at Swift. One or two possible problems were handled appropriately.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Definitely a school to look at if your child has dyslexia or learning differences but is not dyslexic. My son fell through the cracks at public school but is thriving at Swift.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The leadership is in touch with the parents and acknowledges our support of the school and the GOAL scholarship which is nice.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My son has had no problems with bullying or social interaction at this school and enjoys going to school most every day.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers in the lower division and middle school have been very good. No complaints as we enter our third year.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework level is reasonable. They have a policy of no homework on Friday that I do not necessarily agree with.

My child came to Swift School midyear in 4th grade after it became obvious that he was not being challenged or progressing in the public schools. While he is not dyslexic, he has some learning challenges that sort of made him fall in the gap in the public school between the mainstream students and the students with more severe learning disabilities. We looked at several schools and chose The Swift School despite some of the negative reviews we saw after meeting with the Admissions Director and several of the teachers. We chose Swift because we felt that our son would fit in well meaning that his learning challenges were not as severe as some of the children we saw at other schools. He is not dyslexic but has benefited from the teaching strategies in place at Swift. He likes going to school and has been progressing in his reading and math to our satisfaction. Bullying was one of the concerns we had after reading other reviews and has not been an issue at Swift School. The teachers and administration have been great to deal with and are dedicated to doing everything they can to make the students succeed. We plan on sending our son to Swift School for another year.

I find it odd that the parents who gave the school one star also stated that their child went to Swift for multiple years. Why would you send your child to a school that cost $25,000 a year if you are not getting what you need? I think the real issue lies with them not the school. A big part of having a child with dyslexia is the support you give them at home. A school can not fix dyslexia but it can give a child the tools they need to grow. As a parent its your obligation to reinforce what they are learning in the classroom and continue their education at every opportunity. I wonder where their children ended up - I don't know of a better, well rounded school in the south for children with processing issues then Swift.

Develops character: Strongly agree

In the past 5 years, Swift has added many amazing enrichment programs to develop character, integrity, kindness. Multiple community service projects and anti-bulling programs.

Last modified Swift School is a Private school that serves grades 1-8