No rating

The Swift School

Private | 1-7 | 166 students

We are best known for successful dyslexic students.

Living in Roswell

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $279,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

Posted September 20, 2014

Please carefully read these reviews as Swift school is not a healthy environment for any child. In four years our son had a 6:1 student teacher ratio for only 5 months. Currently the norm is 15 children packed into a small classroom with 3 teachers - majority not OG certified, most have just graduated. In addition, the spectrum of learning differences that Swift accepts has broadened significantly, such that they no longer focus on auditory, expressive, and receptive learning differences as advertised, but extensive behavioral issues which teachers are not trained to manage. If you are considering Swift, be sure to ask how many children were removed for disciplinary issues the prior year. The statistics, if truthfully shared, are alarming. The statistics do not address the turmoil in the classroom, I did not know what a beat circle was, or what it meant for a child to tea bag another child's desk until this past year at Swift. Do not subject your child to what our son went through, look elsewhere.

Posted July 15, 2014

My son has attended the Swift School for 6 years. It has been nothing but a miracle for him and our family. Swift gets my child. Swift not only helps him with his challenges, they also appreciate him for his strengths. My son loves school, he knows he is dyslexic but he also knows his future is bright. The school has not stayed the same over the years. It has gotten better and better every year. The current administration has transformed the school into a place that truly embraces the whole child by offering additional programming like arts, athletics, music, drama, science, concerts, assemblies, field trips and so much more. It is a real school not a remediation pit-stop to nowhere. The school has grown slowly over the years as more people have found out about our amazing school.

Posted July 1, 2014

My child attended for 3 + years with disconcertingly poor results... Swift's mission states: "The mission of Swift School is to prepare children with dyslexia and related language-based learning differences to be successful in life. ..." Their staff is not trained to address 'language-based learning differences let alone recognize the dynamic difference - window dressing. Swift is not suitable for auditory, expressive, and receptive learning differences. Swift does not have their finger on the pulse of the student or parents... Their focus has ventured off path and lost sight of why the school is in existence; to help children that have limited resources to aid in their education process, not build reserves! Staff resources are stretched at best and not proportionate with the cost of tuition. Student to teacher ratios are not as advertised and as enrollment continues to increase and physical space remains unchanged; students are on top of each other. Contact SLP's, child psychologists, language-based specialists to ensure the precise fit for your child. Invest in research before selecting any school, especially when the cost (financial and emotional) is so high!

Posted May 16, 2014

This is our first year at Swift. My daughter is in fourth grade. She LOVES school, and actually cried the day before winter break because she didn't want the break. My daughter has had a complete transformation-her confidence level is high, she doesn't complain about reading anymore, and she actually spells words correctly (most of the time!). We had wonderful teachers. I am a teacher myself, and every teacher has to start somewhere. Two of her teachers were "assistants", but they are certified teachers. One of the two was even trained in OG. There are not so good teachers everywhere. I understand, however, that by paying a tuition you are expecting the best. It is unfortunate that some families haven't had a good experience. We love it.

Posted April 22, 2014

I do not like to write negative things about anyone or any organization. But I wish I had read all the reviews about Swift before I decided to send my daughter to Swift. if you are considering whether or not your child should go to Swift School, please read this review! My daughter has never been so miserable in her life. The school promotes a low teacher to student ratio, but the reality is that the keep the ratios but stuff more kids and ASSISTANT TEACHERS into the classrooms. Their "teachers" are new and unexperienced in the classroom. Many have never been worked with special needs students in their short careers. My daughter actually threw up several times because she did not want to go to school. Their website is all smoke and mirrors.

Posted April 22, 2014

Swift is not the same school as it was when my son first started 2 years ago. Today, the classrooms are crowded and the new teachers don't seem to have control of the classrooms. There are several new teachers who have never worked in a classroom before. The new administration does not exude the same caring and loving spirit as it did in the past. Needless to say, we are not returning to Swift next year.

Posted March 2, 2014

This is my child's 1st year at Swift. He is in the middle division. He went to public school before Swift. Needless to say my trust level is/was a "0" because of the traumatic experience I had in the past. He started Swift being bullied. At the beginning Swift didn't get to the bottom of it and handle the situation. Then, after a meeting we had it was eliminated! I give Swift 4 stars because so far they have went above and beyond in helping my child succeed. I'm aware the middle division is fairly a new addition to Swift. I feel they may have started out rough but are ironing out the rough spots on this journey to helping the students succeed. I will write another review after the school year.

Posted February 25, 2014

I currently have a daughter enrolled at The Swift School in 3rd grade and she loves going to school. She is active in the chorus program and clubs after school. Her teachers are very dedicated to helping the students feel safe to take academic risks and she is finally finding a voice to speak up in class. She has not had any problems with bullying, in fact she has made more friends in her first year at Swift, than in 2 years at her previous Buckhead private school. It is great to be involved with a school that welcomes kids with learning differences and isn't in a race to push them right back out in 2 years. I love seeing the head of the school at carpool every morning shaking the hands of each student and welcoming them for the start of a new day. I feel there are plenty of opportunities to be involved with the school as a parent volunteer and have seen nothing but professionalism by the staff. The Swift school deals with students that fall under the spectrum of Dyslexia and as the parent of such a child, I couldn't be happier with the confidence my daughter has found with her own abilities at Swift.

Posted December 8, 2013

Swift School is an excellent school for addressing learning and attention issues. It has a very low teacher to student ratio and the staff is exceptionally student needs focused. I have worked in or with 28 other private and public schools in the Atlanta area and none of them exhibit the level of caring, support and individualized teaching that Swift School does . The focus is on student success at Swift School.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 30, 2013

Middle school did not meet expectations. We were surprised by the lack of discipline, follow-up and home/school communication. Unfortunately most teachers and faculty didn't respond to request for accommodations and weren't able to handle behavioral issues. Those issues that were handled were through negative reinforcement - demerits. Bullying is prevelant and often attributed to "adolescence". Administration showed favoritism to students and parents. Our child ended the year with a distrust for authority because of what was witnessed and experienced at school and alienated by peers. Please consider our experience strongly before making this choice for your child. I learned not to judge a book by it's cover.

Posted August 30, 2013

The last two reviews are unfair. I have a son currently enrolled at Swift and he attended last year as well. I have not witnessed any bullying. The administration is not solely focused on numbers and money. I feel that the administration and teachers truly care about the kids and know how to teach kids with dyslexia / language based learning issues with their hands on experiences. There may be are rare exception, but for the most part this is a loving, caring school. If anything they are super strict on behavior and structure. Our experience is that they don't put up with much of any type of misbehavior. One instance required for me to reach out to the administration and they were very responsive to working out a solution. We even went over the no bulllying policy at parent orientation. They have time built into the kids schedule to discuss bullying and what that means. There are no "smokescreens". This is a quality school.

Posted June 25, 2013

The last review is completely accurate. The Swift School refuses to address verbal bullying. The focus is solely on numbers. In an effort to increase enrollment over the past few years, they are accepting behavioral problem students. No one is expelled. Do and say what you want if you can write a check. Swift does not solely focus on dyslexia . They accept a myriad of diagnoses. Their new marketing campaign is "we are a school of the Arts and Athletics" yet the have no gym and Art is once a week. BEWARE. Smokescreens at every turn here.

Posted February 20, 2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Swift School and our experience there. The academics are outstanding and have more than prepared my children for high school and life. The arts, music and physical educational programs at Swift are amazing - talent shows, honors chorus, drama, competitive athletic teams - everything we could want and more in a school. The School community is very supportive and giving. My husband and I will be forever grateful to Swift for making sure our children reach their full potential and all the love along the way. Thank you Swift!

Posted September 21, 2010

We did not find that the school met our needs. Our son has significant Dyslexia and after four year of intensive OG instruction was still not able to "read" on level. We found that we needed more accommodations than they could offer. All Dyslexics are not the same. some do not respond to their techniques. They lack the knowledge and resources of assistive technology to support those who do not. We found a school that better met our needs. The staff here was always loving and supportive.

Posted January 3, 2010

My daughter is in her 3rd yr at Swift after receiving a dyslexia diagnosis in the 2nd grade while at her 'very good' N. Fulton public school where she was failing. At Swift, she has grown and thrived. The teachers are incredible. Very smart and very caring. The leadership is strong. We are thankful to have found such a wonderful school.

Posted March 24, 2009

The Swift School seems to be a magical place. We have a daughter who was in public school through 2nd grade struggling to keep up. We kept hearing that 'she's working really hard' and 'she'll be fine' even though we knew something wasn't right. After having her diagnosed and now in 3rd grade attending Swift, we have our confident, happy, eager child back. She is exceeding our (and her own) expectations. She enjoys reading and even doing homework. The staff and the activities they plan are precisely what these children need...lessons taught to them the way their brain works best. We are so lucky to have Swift available and nearby. I recommend it to any parent searching for this type of school.

Posted June 27, 2008

My son started the Swift School in the second grade reading at a Pre-K level. Two years later he is at a 3rd grade level and says reading can be fun! The teachers and staff at this school are incredible. They changed my sons life.

Posted June 24, 2008

I tried and tried to get the public school system to help my daughter...I knew there was some reason she wasn't succeeding in school and it WAS NOT because she was lazy..as they implied. The first week in the Swift School was amazing..I had my daughter back ..happy and thriving to learn and actually enjoying school. The teachers there problem solve how to get your child to learn ..each one differently. They do not treat each language based LD the same. It is an amazing place and I wish I had found it sooner. Children with Dyslexia deserve to prosper in school and achieve their dreams and goals..Swift School teaches them that they can do that!

Posted December 4, 2007

This is a fabulous school. My child has improved so much since she started at The Swift School. This is the place to be if you want a positive and nurturing environment for a child with mild language-based differences, such as dyslexia.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Special education / special needs

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Special education
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• table tennis

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Swift parent association manages all community building and many fundraising activities throughout the school year including the scholastic book fair, teacher appreciation week, end of school year family picnic, and more.