Posted May 08, 2015
Our son had been to four schools, including Preschool and homeschooling/K12, before we found The Swift School. Since our son was 5 yrs old he had been diagnosed with language deficits, through neuropsychology Evans and IEPs. The moment we walked into The Swift School we "felt" a different "climate" and environment! Every SINGLE person we came in contact with (teaching staff, administrators, coaches, parents) was smiling and GREETED us! They had no idea who we were or why we were there, yet we're kind and courteous. We felt we were HOME!! Our son started in December 2014. He has had the best grades he has had since preschool, is happy once again with school, and is progressing exponentially in math, language arts, and reading. We feel both accomplished, and blessed! Dr. Salapka, as well as the head of school Mr. Wendell, and Angela as well as the front staff Anna have been phenomenal! We are so grateful. If the school is a good match for your child, you will NOT be disappointed!

Posted April 28, 2015
My child came to Swift School midyear in 4th grade after it became obvious that he was not being challenged or progressing in the public schools. While he is not dyslexic, he has some learning challenges that sort of made him fall in the gap in the public school between the mainstream students and the students with more severe learning disabilities. We looked at several schools and chose The Swift School despite some of the negative reviews we saw after meeting with the Admissions Director and several of the teachers. We chose Swift because we felt that our son would fit in well meaning that his learning challenges were not as severe as some of the children we saw at other schools. He is not dyslexic but has benefited from the teaching strategies in place at Swift. He likes going to school and has been progressing in his reading and math to our satisfaction. Bullying was one of the concerns we had after reading other reviews and has not been an issue at Swift School. The teachers and administration have been great to deal with and are dedicated to doing everything they can to make the students succeed. We plan on sending our son to Swift School for another year.

Posted October 20, 2014
This is my fifth grader's second year at Swift. They have helped him grow in confidence, ability, and independence. He was beginning to feel like he was not smart in his former public school. Swift has made him love school again!

Posted September 20, 2014
Please carefully read these reviews as Swift school is not a healthy environment for any child. In four years our son had a 6:1 student teacher ratio for only 5 months. Currently the norm is 15 children packed into a small classroom with 3 teachers - majority not OG certified, most have just graduated. In addition, the spectrum of learning differences that Swift accepts has broadened significantly, such that they no longer focus on auditory, expressive, and receptive learning differences as advertised, but extensive behavioral issues which teachers are not trained to manage. If you are considering Swift, be sure to ask how many children were removed for disciplinary issues the prior year. The statistics, if truthfully shared, are alarming. The statistics do not address the turmoil in the classroom, I did not know what a beat circle was, or what it meant for a child to tea bag another child's desk until this past year at Swift. Do not subject your child to what our son went through, look elsewhere.

Posted July 15, 2014
My son has attended the Swift School for 6 years. It has been nothing but a miracle for him and our family. Swift gets my child. Swift not only helps him with his challenges, they also appreciate him for his strengths. My son loves school, he knows he is dyslexic but he also knows his future is bright. The school has not stayed the same over the years. It has gotten better and better every year. The current administration has transformed the school into a place that truly embraces the whole child by offering additional programming like arts, athletics, music, drama, science, concerts, assemblies, field trips and so much more. It is a real school not a remediation pit-stop to nowhere. The school has grown slowly over the years as more people have found out about our amazing school.

Posted July 01, 2014
My child attended for 3 + years with disconcertingly poor results... Swift's mission states: "The mission of Swift School is to prepare children with dyslexia and related language-based learning differences to be successful in life. ..." Their staff is not trained to address 'language-based learning differences let alone recognize the dynamic difference - window dressing. Swift is not suitable for auditory, expressive, and receptive learning differences. Swift does not have their finger on the pulse of the student or parents... Their focus has ventured off path and lost sight of why the school is in existence; to help children that have limited resources to aid in their education process, not build reserves! Staff resources are stretched at best and not proportionate with the cost of tuition. Student to teacher ratios are not as advertised and as enrollment continues to increase and physical space remains unchanged; students are on top of each other. Contact SLP's, child psychologists, language-based specialists to ensure the precise fit for your child. Invest in research before selecting any school, especially when the cost (financial and emotional) is so high!

Posted May 16, 2014
This is our first year at Swift. My daughter is in fourth grade. She LOVES school, and actually cried the day before winter break because she didn't want the break. My daughter has had a complete transformation-her confidence level is high, she doesn't complain about reading anymore, and she actually spells words correctly (most of the time!). We had wonderful teachers. I am a teacher myself, and every teacher has to start somewhere. Two of her teachers were "assistants", but they are certified teachers. One of the two was even trained in OG. There are not so good teachers everywhere. I understand, however, that by paying a tuition you are expecting the best. It is unfortunate that some families haven't had a good experience. We love it.

Posted April 22, 2014
I do not like to write negative things about anyone or any organization. But I wish I had read all the reviews about Swift before I decided to send my daughter to Swift. if you are considering whether or not your child should go to Swift School, please read this review! My daughter has never been so miserable in her life. The school promotes a low teacher to student ratio, but the reality is that the keep the ratios but stuff more kids and ASSISTANT TEACHERS into the classrooms. Their "teachers" are new and unexperienced in the classroom. Many have never been worked with special needs students in their short careers. My daughter actually threw up several times because she did not want to go to school. Their website is all smoke and mirrors.

The Swift School 2

Posted April 22, 2014
Swift is not the same school as it was when my son first started 2 years ago. Today, the classrooms are crowded and the new teachers don't seem to have control of the classrooms. There are several new teachers who have never worked in a classroom before. The new administration does not exude the same caring and loving spirit as it did in the past. Needless to say, we are not returning to Swift next year.

The Swift School 4

Posted March 02, 2014
This is my child's 1st year at Swift. He is in the middle division. He went to public school before Swift. Needless to say my trust level is/was a "0" because of the traumatic experience I had in the past. He started Swift being bullied. At the beginning Swift didn't get to the bottom of it and handle the situation. Then, after a meeting we had it was eliminated! I give Swift 4 stars because so far they have went above and beyond in helping my child succeed. I'm aware the middle division is fairly a new addition to Swift. I feel they may have started out rough but are ironing out the rough spots on this journey to helping the students succeed. I will write another review after the school year.

The Swift School