No rating

The Atlanta Academy

Private | PK-8 | 230 students

Living in Roswell

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $198,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Posted November 13, 2008

Unsurpassed curriculum and faculty. I have interviewed several schools in the Atlanta area and have found none that compare with the individual attention and devotion that is shown to each student at this institution. Wonderful school!

Posted August 30, 2008

awesome school well educated teachers and a no cristism from students or teachers. i wish i could be able to go there i am glad my kid is going there wonderful school

Posted August 12, 2008

Incredible school! As a parent I could not have found a better place for my children. My son graduated from the Atlanta Academy in 2004 and just now graduated from high school and is going to Savannah College of Art and Design. My second daughter just graduated The Atlanta Academy and is going to Riverwood Charter International School. We still have two more years in the AA with a daughter going into the 7th grade. I feel my children have been well prepared in academics and in social skills to confront the world outside The Atlanta Academy. Cynzia Sanchez-Urrea

Posted July 29, 2008

The middle school is not a good place for a smart, well adjusted kid. Math and language arts have been consistently weak (same teachers for 6,7,8th grades). And too many kids with issues. Because it's small, the social scene is extremely limited, with trouble-makers dominating.

Posted April 2, 2008

Considering the number of errors in these reviews from Atlanta Academy students.... that's all the info you need.

Posted August 21, 2007

As a student from the Atlanta Academy I was only 3 years there (my middle school years) and just in those 3 years there I have an such a great experiance. I made new friends who I will always stay in touch with, had the extra help when i needed it, and learned plenty of new things. With their new buliding I believe that they will become an even bigger community and become a better school! -Olivia Caldas (years 6th -8th)

Posted August 21, 2007

I was a student at the Atlanta Academy and I just graduated to go to the 9th grade. Atlanta Academy prepared me so much for Highschool. There academic standards are high but the teachers do there best to help each and every student to do there best and keep there grades up. I have been there for 6 years. Its definitly a family atmosphere at the AA and everyone is excepted and treated fairly. I am very proud to say I came from the Atlanta Academy. And I cant wait see how it expands even more in the new school.We just keep getting better and better.:) -jasi

Posted August 21, 2007

I have been a student at the atlanta academy for six years and am now an eighth grader. It has become a major part of my life, not only because it is my school but because I have made the best group of friends. The teachers have been nothing but amazing and extreamly helpful! all of the atlanta academy's after school programs are very exciting and enjoyable. I love attending this school and i would recomend it to anyone I meet. I am so thrileld to have found the atlanta academy. -Katalina

Posted August 21, 2007

As a current student at The Atlanta Academy, I can say it is the best school. I have been at this school since the day it started which was about 7 years ago. This school is my 2nd family. The teachers take time to teach us and help us understand the material, they teach us about respect for one another and they let us grow. I have been at this school for so long and I am completing my last year there this year. I will be sad to leave but I know that the school will continue withits great succes. -Gabby Yejo

Posted February 14, 2007

I have been impressed with the work that I see my daughter doing at The Atlanta Academy. The material is laid out logically and stresses application of knowledge. In addition to strong academics, The Atlanta Academy has great enrichment programs: music, art, PE, technology, and Spanish. There are many estracurricular activities, including a great robotics club, performing arts... well, the list goes on and on. I have especially enjoyed the families at The Atlanta Academy. The parents are very interested in what is going on and they are all involved one way or another... and everyone really cares about each other. We have great Parent Association participation with events, like the Fall Festival, that have become true traditions.

Posted February 3, 2007

We have 2 children attending the Atlanta Academy. All of our expectations are exceeded and all of children's needs have been met. Our children are flourishing at the Atlanta Academy . The small classes attribute to the success of the school. We are most pleased with the faculty and staff of teachers at the Atlanta Academy. Our children have the rare opportunity to be children while at the same time are being groomed to become community leaders and independent thinkers. We have formed lasting friendships with many other parents due to the unselfish dedication to the school's success. Creative arts and sports have been a major influence on our children and we look forward with the new school to expand the availability of what is offered.

Posted February 2, 2007

This is the fifth year my children have attended Atlanta Academy and we are so pleased with everything offered at the school. It is a small community where everyone knows one another and the children have great respect for one another. Communication is great between the parents, teachers and administration and everyone is involved in educating your child both academically and emotionally. They have high academic standards but work to help the children meet them successfully. Every gathering feels like being with family. The extracurricular programs offered are many and varied. (Eg: basketball, soccer, band, plays,stock market club,dance, etc.)It is a wonderful family to all of us.

Posted February 1, 2007

We have been delighted with the individual attention that our 2nd grader has received over the last three years. The small class sizes allow the teachers to work with each child to ensure that their full potential is realized. This school offers a nurturing and caring environment but also has a strong academic emphasis. We are thrilled with the expansion into preschool and the move to the new location in Roswell this fall.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:00am
School end time
  • 3:00pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school