Posted October 17, 2014
Atlanta Academy is an amazing school! The teachers are incredibly nurturing and knowledgeable. The administration is exceedingly helpful. Everyone knows my children and makes them feel important. My children want to go to school each day, and they come home every afternoon and tell me all of the wonderful things they have learned.

Posted July 31, 2014
I am looking forward to another wonderful year at The Atlanta Academy. Each year I am thrilled with the teachers and academics my 3 children receive. The quality and standards of programs goes above and beyond my expectations. The best part is that my children wake up each day ready and excited to go to school - you can't beat that!

Posted June 18, 2014
From the moment I toured The Atlanta Academy until today, I have always been very impressed with this school. My children have attended The Atlanta Academy for 6 years. I extensively researched many prospective schools and decided on Atlanta Academy because of challenging curriculum, community service opportunities, and a faculty that is passionate about the students. The visual arts and performing arts program is top notch. The teachers create an environment that encourages the students to think critically and compassionately about themselves and their community. My oldest child is in the middle school. Yes, the program is rigorous but I know my child will be well-prepared for high school. The middle school teachers have high expectations, but are there for additional help after school. In addition, the school provides opportunities for the students to try a variety of extracurricular activities (athletics, debate, stock club, spring musical, band, chorus, photography, book clubs ). You can't go wrong with choosing this school!

The Atlanta Academy 2

Posted May 16, 2014
Suitable for young children, but the Administration seems to have an outdated view on how to to properly nurture and educate middle school children. The rigid rules and excessive homework cause many children and parents high levels of stress, and do not appear to translate into higher levels of learning and test scores. It would be interesting to find out what percentage of children stay from K through 8. My perception is that the majority of non-faculty children stay 2-3 years only. My children find it to be a harsh environment, even though they have always been good students.

Posted March 18, 2014
As a parent, I've consistently watched the leadership and how they respond to different situations, observed classrooms to monitor teacher's instructional styles, and done extensive comparative research on the curriculum Atlanta Academy implements compared to well known private schools in Atlanta. AA offers a globally recognized, evidence-based math curriculum as well as one of the most effective curriculums for teaching reading and writing to students and commits to ensuring their teachers get high quality training every summer. I can't say this for any of the elite private schools. In addition, they genuinely care about the children and differentiate to accommodate each individual child and where they are in their learning. All the teachers, even ones that dont teach my kids, are very responsive to my concerns. One of my kids had to face discipline issues and I was so grateful for the way his teacher and Ms. Naples responded to him. He is a much better student because of the genuine (and firm) responsiveness that they gave him. If you are looking for a school that provides rigorous instruction, explicit focus on the child with no gimmicks, this is the private school to be at.

Posted June 10, 2013
I have had children at this school for 7 years and I have nothing but WONDERFUL things to say about the faculty, staff and administration. The curriculum is strong in every aspect and their standards are high, but the teachers will do whatever it takes to help the children work to their full potential. The students are accepting and kind beyond what I have found in any other school. The Summer Camp is awesome. The kids are kept engaged and entertained all day. My kids love it and beg to go every week. They have awesome off-campus fieldtrips for the older kids and cool onsite fieldtrips for the little ones. The camp counselors are all educators and really go above and beyond to make sure the kids are enjoying themselves. I guess you can't ever make everyone happy, but The Atlanta Academy does an amazing job. I would encourage anyone looking for a school to visit the Atlanta Academy. You will not be disappointed.

The Atlanta Academy 1

Posted June 10, 2013
The school is ok/not great but there are much better schools out there. The summer camp is terrible though - don't waste your money - my little girl cried day about having to go to the camp. .

The Atlanta Academy 2

Posted May 24, 2013
Pre-k program: The good, small teacher/student ratio, great art class & library. The bad, my child has attended for three years now. The 1st two "teachers" were in fact not licensed educators. This showed in many ways. My mistake allowing my child to continue on here after the 1st yr experience. It was not until nearing end of 2nd yr I made this discovery. By this pt my child was having fits about attending class. The inexperienced teachers affected my child in countless ways. The only reason we stayed on for the 3rd yr is due to the fact a licensed edu. was hired. She has been awesome! If only the 1st 2 yrs had gone so well. My child has challenges that could have been brought to my attention much sooner if there had been real teachers in place those 1st 2 yrs. In fact, the pre-k 3 teacher "not really" was so horrid that she was dismissed in spring of 2012 to be replaced by another non-licensed educator. And to pay such fees for non-licensed educators. It is my opinion that pre-k 3 & 4 are nothing more than glorified day care. In closing, do your research before choosing a school, dig deep for info beyond the dog and pony show the admin puts on while interviewing

The Atlanta Academy 3

Posted April 27, 2013
I went 3 and a half years at this school. The Good:Lots of extracirriculars that your child will immensely appreciate because- kids don't get the opportunity to try so many things. Your kid can take a photography class, be on debate and be in the musical in just one year which you can't really do anywhere else. It also has an excellent reading and Spanish program above public schools. Being in a private school also gives your child a business like attitude and competitiveness that will help them later in life. The Bad:Teachers and the principal their "bad apples." One slightly obese kid was kicked out the day after he got there. He was beaten by stronger boys and blamed for it. A lot of rich jocks go to this school and because there is only 7 kids in a class, it's really hard to make friends or let alone survive. Their "pedigree standards" are really hard for any kid to handle and will be a degrading experience that will haunt them the rest of their lives.

The Atlanta Academy 4

Posted December 19, 2012
We have two children at the Atlanta Academy and think its an excellent school. The nurturing environment and staff that cares make it an ideal school for us. Additionally, your child is treated as an individual and is encouraged to do their best in all areas. The academics are solid and they have average and advanced classes. They also provide extra support when needed. This is the best kept secret in the private school community.

The Atlanta Academy