PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Our goal at The Atlanta Academy is to always partner with our parents to provide the best possible academic foundation and experience for our students. In doing so, we have an open door policy and always welcome constructive feedback from our families. We encourage anyone reading these reviews whether positive or negative to please come and visit the Atlanta Academy to see firsthand how we engage with our families and nurture our student’s potential not only in the classroom but the future outside of it. If you would like to contact our Head of School, Angela Naples, she can be reached at anaples@atlantaacademy.com or 678.461.6102.
June 21, 2016

Bad
Good

I would highly recommend this school. My son started midyear and was immediately welcomed by the students, teachers, and staff. The teachers are highly trained and go beyond in order to make sure all kids learn. Communication between the school, teachers, and parents is the best I've seen. My son's teacher responds to all of my questions quickly and is proactive in communicating concerns and what is going on in the classroom. My son went from being a student who dreaded school to one who can't wait to go. He constantly tells people he goes to the Atlanta Academy and how "It is the best school ever!". The decision to send our son here was the best decision we've made for our son's education. If you have any doubts, visit the school and you will see how wonderful it is.

Personally, I would not recommend. I only felt little to no support inside the school.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted June 21, 2016

Terrible school. i am telling you from my own experiences. My two year old had a nightmare in that school . Please do extensive research about the schlool.

Atlanta Academy is an amazing school! The teachers are incredibly nurturing and knowledgeable. The administration is exceedingly helpful. Everyone knows my children and makes them feel important. My children want to go to school each day, and they come home every afternoon and tell me all of the wonderful things they have learned.

I am looking forward to another wonderful year at The Atlanta Academy. Each year I am thrilled with the teachers and academics my 3 children receive. The quality and standards of programs goes above and beyond my expectations. The best part is that my children wake up each day ready and excited to go to school - you can't beat that!

From the moment I toured The Atlanta Academy until today, I have always been very impressed with this school. My children have attended The Atlanta Academy for 6 years. I extensively researched many prospective schools and decided on Atlanta Academy because of challenging curriculum, community service opportunities, and a faculty that is passionate about the students. The visual arts and performing arts program is top notch. The teachers create an environment that encourages the students to think critically and compassionately about themselves and their community. My oldest child is in the middle school. Yes, the program is rigorous but I know my child will be well-prepared for high school. The middle school teachers have high expectations, but are there for additional help after school. In addition, the school provides opportunities for the students to try a variety of extracurricular activities (athletics, debate, stock club, spring musical, band, chorus, photography, book clubs ). You can't go wrong with choosing this school!

Suitable for young children, but the Administration seems to have an outdated view on how to to properly nurture and educate middle school children. The rigid rules and excessive homework cause many children and parents high levels of stress, and do not appear to translate into higher levels of learning and test scores. It would be interesting to find out what percentage of children stay from K through 8. My perception is that the majority of non-faculty children stay 2-3 years only. My children find it to be a harsh environment, even though they have always been good students.

As a parent, I've consistently watched the leadership and how they respond to different situations, observed classrooms to monitor teacher's instructional styles, and done extensive comparative research on the curriculum Atlanta Academy implements compared to well known private schools in Atlanta. AA offers a globally recognized, evidence-based math curriculum as well as one of the most effective curriculums for teaching reading and writing to students and commits to ensuring their teachers get high quality training every summer. I can't say this for any of the elite private schools. In addition, they genuinely care about the children and differentiate to accommodate each individual child and where they are in their learning. All the teachers, even ones that dont teach my kids, are very responsive to my concerns. One of my kids had to face discipline issues and I was so grateful for the way his teacher and Ms. Naples responded to him. He is a much better student because of the genuine (and firm) responsiveness that they gave him. If you are looking for a school that provides rigorous instruction, explicit focus on the child with no gimmicks, this is the private school to be at.

I have had children at this school for 7 years and I have nothing but WONDERFUL things to say about the faculty, staff and administration. The curriculum is strong in every aspect and their standards are high, but the teachers will do whatever it takes to help the children work to their full potential. The students are accepting and kind beyond what I have found in any other school. The Summer Camp is awesome. The kids are kept engaged and entertained all day. My kids love it and beg to go every week. They have awesome off-campus fieldtrips for the older kids and cool onsite fieldtrips for the little ones. The camp counselors are all educators and really go above and beyond to make sure the kids are enjoying themselves. I guess you can't ever make everyone happy, but The Atlanta Academy does an amazing job. I would encourage anyone looking for a school to visit the Atlanta Academy. You will not be disappointed.

Last modified The Atlanta Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8