K-12 & Ungraded
Roswell, GA

Posted February 10, 2015
I absolutely do not agree with the previous two reviews. My children have never felt bullied at St Francis and have a diverse group of friends. They are not part of the Athletics programs and do not feel slighted in the least. They are progressing very well in school and I feel they are better prepared than my child who attends a top Cobb County public school. The staff is supportive, but firm. They expect a lot from their students and won't put up with behavior problems. We recommend this school to anyone who ask us about the program. They have varying levels from support to honors classes and are willing to move children if they prove to need a different level of teaching. Keep up the good work!

Posted February 09, 2015
My time at St. Francis was nothing short of horrible. The teachers are mean, the "point system" is a negative reenforcement system and as such source of intense stress and fear, bullying and superiority complexes among the students are a major problems which the staff outrightly refuses to deal with, even in serious cases, they're scared of the affluent oversensitive parents is all I can figure. It is not a good fit for children who are different. I'd like to state that I was being generous with this review.
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 08, 2015
On a good day, this school is mediocre. If you do not mind your children watching TV during physical education, playing ABC Mouse during computer class, learning a reading program geared toward the below average reader, and an overall academic program slowed down and spoon fed in order to keep pace with the overwhelming amount of ADHD students they accept. The administration at St Francis falsely represents their school by not identifying to perspective parents they are a school for children with learning disabilities and behavior problems. If your child is self-motivated, possesses average intelligence, and has self-management tools, I do not feel this is the right academic environment for you. I had high hopes for St Francis Elementary, but instead I have been let down and disappointed.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 12, 2015
The admissions director went out of her way to schedule a time and met with me to discuss my child. The admissions director took the time to review my child's file and let me know her thoughts on what St. Francis could do to help my child meet success. My child is having an amazing year at St. Francis. I thank the admissions director for her support during the admissions process.

Posted September 28, 2014
I am conflicted about this school because even though most of the teachers are great teachers the administration is lacking. If your child is good at sports or your family has a lot of money you will be treated well. They have their favorites and treat those kids better than the others. Especially, if your child is a great football or basketball player. These kids get special treatment across the board. It is not fair to the other kids. Some kids especially in high school are recruited from other schools to play basketball and because they are good at sports they dont have to pay tuition and get full scholarships. This is very unfair to those parents who work 2-3 jobs to be able to afford to send their kids there. Stop the favoritism St. Francis! Also, get yourself a kinder admissions director with some people skills. Do you really want the first impression the new parents get to be an abrasive, irritable individual. This could be a great school but the tuition is way too high for what you get and all kids need to be treated equally.

Posted June 26, 2014
St. Francis School is definitely 10 stars!!! There is not enough space here for me to list all of the things that are great about our school. My 3 children attended Elementary through High School and this is why they were & still are successful in college & beyond. I am very bothered by the review in April, where the parent criticizes our High School for not getting (or wanting to get) to know the students. This is so untrue! My children bragged to their friends that their Principal knows them for who they are... not because they are bad and sent to her office! The teachers @ St. Francis not only want to teach, they want to teach the St. Francis "way"..... making sure our children feel good about themselves and feel successful. Parents need to do their part too. Become involved! Participation is the key to success!

Posted May 14, 2014
Our daughter, now a 10th grader, started at St Francis in kindergarten. The curriculum, the method of growing the kids, the athletics and the caring for the kids and their future successes have all been spectacular. Highly recommended.

Posted April 23, 2014
After a very unpleasant experience with the admissions process, I am glad I did not choose this school. The admissions director was very cold, and chose not to speak with us personally, would ask you to pose your questions in the for of an email, and then not respond. If this is how the school presents itself in the beginning, how would they be once they have your tuition,
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 05, 2014
St. Francis day school has been a tremendous blessing for our son. He started this year in the 3rd grade and has made tremendous strides. The tiered curriculum is absolutely a God-send. He was behind in math so he was able to do the support class for math and be in standard curriculum for other classes. His insecurity about doing math is gone and he's caught up to be on par with 3rd grade standards. The people are very friendly and his teacher has been the best we've had. Unfortunately we are moving to another state at the end of the school year and leaving St. Francis is the most heart-breaking part.

St Francis Day School 2

Posted April 30, 2013
St. Francis was a good option for middle school but we made the mistake of moving to the high school. As a small school, it is shocking that they do not get to know (or want to know) kids we have entrusted to them. There is clearly only 1 decision maker and the culture reflects this.
2 people found this helpful