Public charter
Roswell, GA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 19, 2014
My child has been at this school for 3 years and loves it. The teachers are top notch and really do a great job with the student body. From an academic perspective this is a great school to be in. The parents are really involved and have helped push this school to expand their programs. Many clubs are available (including the award winning Robotics) and my child has grown leaps and bounds socially.

Posted September 11, 2014
My son started at FSA this year after attending a local public elementary school. What a difference! He was so bored in his old school - as a well-behaved kid, he got no attention from teachers who were too busy disciplining students to teach. At FSA, he is with kids who love to learn as much as he does. I never have to ask how he is doing because the teacher pro-actively lets me know. He was tested to find out what he already knows within the first weeks, and is being taught at his level, not to his age. My son has also mentioned how almost every kid is well-behaved in his class at FSA. He loves his school and as parents, we do too.

Posted September 02, 2014
This is the best elementary school in Fulton County. Small nurturing environment with great caring teachers and an administration who does listen to the needs of each and everyone of their students. Students are taught in groups according to their academic level (on grade, advanced, accelerated) and rotate throughout the day. There is no such thing as a class with low performers! Please share your opinion but stay true to the facts. Free tutoring is offered to everybody after school and students who need extra individualized help are invited for Saturday sessions (free!). Students' discipline code is included with their agenda along with a Parent Contract to sign. And behavior issues are addressed with positive behavior supports not ISS and OSS like the other public schools.

Fulton Sunshine Charter Elementary School 3

Posted May 02, 2014
As a parent and employer I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. The administration at this school is USELESS and a disservice to the school's community. They are afraid of the PVO and give in to their every whim. The classes are set up to fail the students. They are set by test scores and behavior so all low scoring students and those with behavior issues are in one class and it gradually goes up to highest performers and best behaving students. Socially this teaches the children no balance and the poor teacher who always gets the poor performers is exhausted. The school has no discipline plan in place. I have seen students throw books, chairs and kick things around a gym and classroom. They pride themselves on never having suspended anyway which is accurate even though it's ridiculous because there are students who by now should have been expelled. And yes there are some good things about the school, the bad far outweighs it. I will not have my child returning as a student and suggest you don't send your child here either.

Posted April 28, 2014
This school has been a true blessing for our family. Warm environment, focus on academics and yes, competitive standards for a child to be the best as he can...including support and assistance of children with special needs.

Fulton Sunshine Charter Elementary School 1

Posted February 17, 2014
The reviews posted before, were most likely submitted by over achieving parents who work for the PTA and like keeping the school's high test scores. The truth is, this school only cares about test scores period, The staff is immature, meaning most of them are straight out of college and have no prior experience teaching, lack common sense for early childhood education and that is not a good thing. Most of the experienced teachers were furloughed as in let go from previous teaching positions and work there. None of the teachers live in the county and travel far which I think gives them a bad attitude, which is understandable. As a parent at this school, I got to know many members of the staff and trust me, these people are mental! The principal is a nice man, but he seems to be a puppet and isn't aware of key issues going on in his school. In closing, if you want your child to pass test, this is excellent school to send them to, but if you want them to actually learn and grow in a loving environment, don't sent them to FSA!!

Posted February 11, 2013
This is the absolute best elementary school in Fulton County hands down. The on-level work here - seems to be TAG work from Sweetapple and if you child is in advanced classes - WOW...they will learn so much more than they would at the other public schools in the area. The teachers are so dedicated and teaching is their passion. I would give this school 10 stars if I could.

Posted January 18, 2013
Excellent school! My daughter started this year in first grade and has improved her language skills tremendously. I have a great communication with her teacher. They offer afterschool program and tutoring classes for kids who need extra help. I am very satisfied with the level of the education my daughter is receiving at FSA.

Fulton Sunshine Charter Elementary School 1

Posted November 15, 2012
My parent/teacher communication was no existent at this school. I am used to great communication with my children's teachers as I like to know what we need to help reinforce at home and help them grow and transition through the different grades and subjects, but every-time I tried to connect with his 2nd grade teacher, her response was " I only have him for 2 hrs a day". He was in special education bc he does not care to do his work at school and gives no problem to do it at home, but I feel they ignore the parents and students in this program to get them out of the school to appear more high performing than they are. We were very excited about this opportunity and it was very miserable. Our older child in the FSA High school is doing wonderfully and enjoying his classes, peers and teachers.

Fulton Sunshine Charter Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2012
Excellent school with advanced cirriculum, great teachers and an administration that aims to help each individual student reach their goals. After 3 years at FSA I am extremely satisfied. My son has been given a tremendous opportunity with a very advanced cirriculum and teachers who are given the latitude to teach outside the restrictions of most public schools. Some Turkish influence, however, as the mother of a caucasion/blonde haired, blue eyed child, I have never felt as though it's being forced upon my child in any way. They offer an absolutely amazing after school club program, help sessions everyday for kids who need extra assistance and wonderful / educational field trips. Of course, every school has it's share of glitches. A little too much homework for my liking, a very multi-cultural student body (although this has really helped my child understand and appreciate other cultures}, only one teacher has a strong accent (all others are similar to what you'd find in a public school) and it's a highly competitive environment. Overall, this has been a great fit for my son and has, no doubt, prepared him extremely well for middle school.

Fulton Sunshine Charter Elementary School
1335 Northmeadow Pkwy, Roswell, GA  30076
Last modified Fulton Sunshine Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fulton Sunshine Charter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top