Bad
Good

My daughter attended EJE from K-5th, graduating in 2014. Things were a bit rocky at first, but it was due to the ridiculous pressure placed on the teachers, teachers 'retiring', and issues with the previous principal. The principal who started in the 2013/14 school year gave a breath of fresh air to the students and faculty! One reason I love this school is the diversity! The school is in one of the most diverse clusters (districts) in Georgia, which is wonderful for the children....

We have been there for 2 years and it seems to be luck of the draw with teachers. 1st year my son's teacher was only interested in telling me her problems with my son, not in helping to do anything about it. 2nd year teacher went above and beyond to help his focus and was instrumental in getting his ADHD diagnosed and under control. VERY little parent involvement; it seems like you see the same small group of parents doing everything. Things are handled very lackadaisically as well - carpool may or may not have teachers out at any given time, et cetera. It's been adequate, but not impressive.

Esther Jackson is incredible! My kids love it there and have so many life-enriching and fulfilling opportunities. Student government, morning news crew, chorus, TAG, and the talent show are just a sample of the things that get my kids turned on to Esther Jackson. Overall I ve found the teachers to be caring, kind, skilled, and professional. This is a great neighborhood school with a great staff. My kids are excelling and cannot wait get up and walk to school in the morning. Tough to beat!

We really love Esther Jackson. Every staff member we encountered was very friendly and sweet. The school is very diverse as well. There are families from all different ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, which is very important to us. They do focus a lot on the CRCT, but teaching for the test isn't the end of the world, in my opinion. Parents should be the first educators anyway. In all, we are very pleased with EJE and can't wait for next year!

Loved this school for Georgia Pre-K. Ms. Glen and Ms. Carole are great :) If you volunteer, tutoring the kids is very rewarding.

We have been very happy with the staff at Esther Jackson. Our children have done very well especially our older child. HOWEVER, the biggest problem I've had is that the entire curriculum has been based on "how to pass the CRCT." I understand the importance of standardized tests but really! My third grader hasn't read a book in his reading class since before winter break and before that he only did two or three. Shouldn't part of their education be based on actually reading a book and discussing the who, what, when, where, and most importantly WHY? This is just another example of the failure of "No Child Left Behind." Unfortunately this school (despite all the many positives) is the epitome of "teaching to the test." I find it very unfortunate and we are exploring charter schools as a result.

Fantastic teachers, tutoring available with parents and staff, very active PTA.

We are dedicated to helping all children rise to the peak of their abilities regardless of their background, special needs or giftedness.

This school works hard and cheerfully to serve a hugely diverse population. They have exceptional esol and special education programs. At the same time, they provide excellent learning opportunities and challenges for the rest of their students. The teachers and staff demonstrate their own compassion and academic prowess in the creative ways that they try and reach all of their students. The school itself is warm and friendly. Parents are welcome to come and help out.

This is a great school with teacher that will give evrything to help our child to learn..

Last modified Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.