Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (10 responses)

We love this school! We moved here so that our youngest could attend kindergarten at MPE, and now we have three children attending. The teachers and staff work hard to differentiate education to each child's level, the PBL program for hands on learning is awesome, and most of all they make school a happy place!

We have moved a few times to various states during my kids' elementary school years. All of our school experiences were positive, but Mountain Park is exceptional! The principal offers a morning coffee regularly to allow parents to ask questions as well as educate interested parents in what the school is doing to continue to improve how they are educating our kids. She answers parents' questions and is a wealth of knowledge with curriculum and learning methods. The staff that I've interacted with are caring, hardworking, organized, and supportive. I have considered all sorts of schooling options and am so happy to be at this school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I like that students learn about the character traits such as these as part of their curriculum and that they are reinforced by teachers and staff in their real-world interactions in and outside of the classroom.

This is an amazing school that we are so grateful to have for our children! I have been an educator myself in three different states over the years and have been in many school buildings. This school and its staff are top notch! There is an amazing community of staff and families at Mountain Park. They treat our child like family. Our classroom teachers and staff have all been great over the years. It is awesome to see your child excited to go to school every day and see how much they are growing academically, socially, and emotionally as a person due to the great education they are receiving.

It is unfortunate that this school is not able to provide children who excel, but do not quite make the "TAG" cut, with a more challenging curriculum. My son attended kindergarten at MPE. He consistently performed above average and was assessed for TAG based on classroom performance and initial test scores. However, he did not "make the cut" as I said, yet there were no other opportunities for him to be challenged. He quite honestly hated school while attending MPE because in his words, he was "bored". This was sad for us as the school is very close to our home, the families were wonderful, etc., but our child did not enjoy his experience. With this said, we decided to send him to a private school where every child is above average and excelling and thus he is getting the challenging curriculum he needs, in a smaller environment with lots of extracurricular offerings as well. Considering our tax dollars support MPE, we were very disappointed. As some posters have said, the average or above average students at MPE get lost in the crowd and are left with no real opportunities to grow academically.

Excellent teachers and staff. Great parental involvement, volunteers and community support. One of the top rated elementary schools in the state.

Mountain Park is a wonderful environment for children to grow and develop as people, while also learning what they will need to know for life! The principal is very involved and hands-on and even knows every student's name. The teachers are warm and caring and the parapros and support staff are top notch! We have been blessed to have three children there and we have been very pleased. We appreciate the rational approach to learning and the many opportunities for fun!

The teachers are a mixed bag at this school, as is the case at any school. My children had their share of excellent, motivating, caring, fair teachers, and a couple who need to be arrested for child abuse. The academic atmosphere is challenging, and my children overall received a good education there. However, my children are average students. Yes, the dreaded "a" word. TAG students are waved through like they are celebrities. Special needs kids also seem to get plenty of resource attention. The average students are totally caught in an endless loop of indifference. There is a pigeonholing that happens in K and 1st grade. If your child isn't identified as talented/gifted by then, they don't stand a chance for any kind of accolade. Unfortunately, I think this is the Roswell mentality, so the grass is probably not greener anywhere else here. The good news is that by high school, no one cares whether your kid was on Safety Patrol or not.

I have a Kindergartner and 2nd grader at MPE and will have another joining in the Fall of 2016 and I couldn't be happier. The Kindergarten class is hands on, interactive and fun but yet educational - they haven't lost the idea that these are still just little 5 & 6 year olds that need to have fun and get the energy out but learn at the same time. I am also very happy with the 2nd grade curriculum. My daughter is learning so much but haven't fun at the same time. I am also very pleased with the Project Based Learning curriculum that they have adopted. They move around to the different classrooms which means time with different teachers and my child is always coming home telling me what she learned. The school is also an easy place to get involved and the staff is always willing to listen and help.

Motivated and dedicated teachers who seek to challenge the students while supporting different learning styles. A top notch principle who continues to seek excellence and continued development, even after years of accolades. A very involved parent base with many volunteer opportunities within the school. Overall - an excellent school! We moved to Roswell for Mountain Park Elementary.

Last modified Mountain Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.