Roswell, GA

Posted May 14, 2015
This school is fab if you are seeking an exclusive country club environment where learning does not matter. Administration is ALL about perception; national recognition, state test scores and appearances, yet has zero passion for lifelong learning. If your child is gifted and exceptional, RUN! If your child struggles, it is a maturity issue or bad parenting and you are shamed into tutoring by "official school partners". Mental cruelty and bullying by teachers is ignored by the Principal. The K para pro (with no degree) bullying students for years remains, the 1st & 2nd grade teachers who outright shame students not easily taught remain, but the best and brightest are going or gone. The child bullies are NEVER reprimanded, their parents devote their days and checkbooks to the PTA. Ask around before attending, perception is truly NOT the reality here and education is not the priority!

Posted April 16, 2015
I placed my child at MPE under the open enrollment program for Fulton county. This was the worst mistake. Like previous comments I can also confirm that this school is score driven. If your child didn't start here from Kindergarten to be molded into a robot your child isn't teachable without being medicated or tested for medication. The Math curriculum is at least 2 grades higher than the grade students are in and even the staff stated it was a ridiculous curriculum. I can also say that parents are cliquish and the school is controlled by the donations they encourage ALL THE TIME. If you don't fit the "Stepford" child criteria your child will have problems. There is also a bullying problem that is overlooked even when addressed to staff. After my child was pushed into muddy water by another student his pants, shoes and socks stayed soaking wet all day from 11:45 a.m. until the end of the school day. No note was sent from the teacher I found out from my child who told her at school. There have been too many incidents to list...Just go to another school. Sweet Apple Elem. is very good my other child was placed there this will be my childs last year at MPE.

Posted January 07, 2015
I am actually a parent and a teacher. I started teaching at MPE last year and felt instantly at home the day I walked into the door. The front office staff is wonderful. They are so friendly and helpful. I have worked at quite a few schools in Fulton County, and this is one of my favorites. I was so happy with the school that I chose to send my daughter there this year. The school has a family environment. The teachers and staff at MPE are amazing! They work hard to make sure the students are challenged, needs are met, and that they feel loved. The administration is wonderful! They are positive and supportive, and work hard to make sure the school is a good place to be. I love the school so much that I am thinking about moving, so it is my children's home school. MPE is a great place to work and to send your children!

Posted January 04, 2015
MPE is a wonderful school and has a terrific community surrounding it. The teahers are top notch and always learning new and innovative ways to teach students at the highest level. We were previously a private school family and you could not pay me to leave MPE. The staff, teachers and parents truly work together to make this a wonderful school. Proud to be a part of the MPE family.

Posted January 04, 2015
MPES is a wonderful school full of dedicated teachers, supportive staff, and willing parents. We specifically moved into this area so that our children would be able to benefit from the fantastic academic and community opportunities that MPE provides. We have been more than pleased. The education here is above and beyond most, if not all, the private schools in our area.

Posted January 04, 2015
Our children attended a local private school before transferring to Mountain Park Elementary. Once we did, we wondered why we were throwing our money away. The quality of education and personal attention that each of my 6 children have received is incomparable. The administration has been quick to respond to any concerns that have arisen, and as my older children move on to the local middle and high schools, they have done so well-prepared for the challenge. The staff always seems positive and encouraging. They care for each child, and it feels like they are as proud to be at Mountain Park as my children are.

Posted December 18, 2014
It's so sad to see a once flourishing school decline as MPE has. Just a few years ago it regularly ranked in the top 10-15 GA elementary schools on every education website and now is barely in the top 30. And for valid reasons. While there is always a friendly veneer, once you scratch the surface, the cracks begin to show. Even after six years, I can't precisely pinpoint the root cause but I can definitely say the tension, anxiety and increasingly low morale throughout the staff has compromised MPE's former greatness and subtly contaminated the learning environment. Aside from the obvious detriment to the students, it's also just heart-breaking to watch such truly exceptional teachers become so demoralized. In the two years since I followed my gut and moved my children to another school, I'm able to see and feel a stark difference in both the general "atmosphere" and more importantly, the positive and relaxed attitude in the kids. While I don't know what caused the seismic change (becoming a charter school?), I am sure there was one. I just regret drinking the Kool-Aid for too long.

Posted October 20, 2014
Mountain Park Elementary is an outstanding public school. We have 3 children who have attended (or currently attending) and cannot speak more highly of the staff, teachers and quality of education. We have the option of private school or homeschooling but cannot imagine a better education for our children. Strong parent involvement and leadership working alongside the staff ensures quality programs, extracurricular activities and many 'extras'. Any issues we have had were quickly resolved with the help of supportive staff and administration.

Posted April 24, 2014
Wonderful teachers, supportive families, and hard-working students make this school stand out as an exceptional school. The school is lucky to have people falling over themselves to help make the school the success that it is, but it's teachers like Mrs. Dunn and Mrs. Brock, a principal like Mrs. Pearlman, and exceptional staff members that inspire families to feel so compassionate about MPE. We moved to Georgia from WA state and sought out the best schools we could find. MPE has surpassed those expectations. The students are well-behaved, and this has allowed my daughter's teachers to pay attention to her individual challenges and shape her learning in such a way that has enabled her to engage in advanced reading and math groups. We will be moving soon, and we will all miss this wonderful, creative, academically-focused school.

Posted December 21, 2013
From the moment we arrived I knew this school was the right choice for our family. We were welcomed by the office staff, very impressed by the principal and couldn't be happier about the education my two children are receiving. The teachers truly care and keep us informed about the progress of both our son and daughter. We had heard about the great reputation of this school. Now we know firsthand that it was all true. I feel like we're getting a private school education in this gem of a public school. See it for yourself!

Mountain Park Elementary School
11895 Mountain Park Rd, Roswell, GA  30075
Last modified Mountain Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top