Mountain Park Elementary School 1

Posted December 18, 2014
It's so sad to see a once flourishing school decline as MPE has. Just a few years ago it regularly ranked in the top 10-15 GA elementary schools on every education website and now is barely in the top 30. And for valid reasons. While there is always a friendly veneer, once you scratch the surface, the cracks begin to show. Even after six years, I can't precisely pinpoint the root cause but I can definitely say the tension, anxiety and increasingly low morale throughout the staff has compromised MPE's former greatness and subtly contaminated the learning environment. Aside from the obvious detriment to the students, it's also just heart-breaking to watch such truly exceptional teachers become so demoralized. In the two years since I followed my gut and moved my children to another school, I'm able to see and feel a stark difference in both the general "atmosphere" and more importantly, the positive and relaxed attitude in the kids. While I don't know what caused the seismic change (becoming a charter school?), I am sure there was one. I just regret drinking the Kool-Aid for too long.

Posted October 20, 2014
Mountain Park Elementary is an outstanding public school. We have 3 children who have attended (or currently attending) and cannot speak more highly of the staff, teachers and quality of education. We have the option of private school or homeschooling but cannot imagine a better education for our children. Strong parent involvement and leadership working alongside the staff ensures quality programs, extracurricular activities and many 'extras'. Any issues we have had were quickly resolved with the help of supportive staff and administration.

Posted April 24, 2014
Wonderful teachers, supportive families, and hard-working students make this school stand out as an exceptional school. The school is lucky to have people falling over themselves to help make the school the success that it is, but it's teachers like Mrs. Dunn and Mrs. Brock, a principal like Mrs. Pearlman, and exceptional staff members that inspire families to feel so compassionate about MPE. We moved to Georgia from WA state and sought out the best schools we could find. MPE has surpassed those expectations. The students are well-behaved, and this has allowed my daughter's teachers to pay attention to her individual challenges and shape her learning in such a way that has enabled her to engage in advanced reading and math groups. We will be moving soon, and we will all miss this wonderful, creative, academically-focused school.

Posted December 21, 2013
From the moment we arrived I knew this school was the right choice for our family. We were welcomed by the office staff, very impressed by the principal and couldn't be happier about the education my two children are receiving. The teachers truly care and keep us informed about the progress of both our son and daughter. We had heard about the great reputation of this school. Now we know firsthand that it was all true. I feel like we're getting a private school education in this gem of a public school. See it for yourself!

Posted December 16, 2013
MPE a phenomenal school. I have no doubt that my children are receiving a high quality education. There is an electronic newsletter that is published every few weeks which keeps me abreast of the activities at MPE. The teachers don't send lots of information home, but on a whole they are responsive to email and almost always available to meet with me if I have a concern. This school is by no means perfect, but, the MPE staff appears committed to correcting imperfections and moving this school forward. If I had to pinpoint an area of improvement I would actually say that the school doesn't push the students to their capabilities. I feel that the students could probably handle a more rigorous curriculum.

Posted September 12, 2013
We just started this school and from what I have seen is more than the private preK-8 school we attended. The teachers genuinely like and care that the students do well all the way to the principal who is often in car line. Also, the teachers inspire rather than just teach and the facilities are up to date and fairly well kept. We look forward to graduating here in 6 years!

Posted August 23, 2013
We are outsiders (from the North) and we have been welcomed in the classroom, by the pta and the administration. I have a very bright, charming and challenging child (with behavior challenges) and his second year here, in the first week of school, three teachers contacted us telling us that he was so bright in math that he needed to be in the advanced class and put the wheels in motion to get him where he could succeed and excel. They are really looking out for him! I have found the parents to be super involved-- in a good way and love that there are many volunteer opportunities for the working and not-working-outside-the-home parents. The pta is very inclusive and is supportive to new ideas and programs. The administration is also very supportive and provide many opportunities to voice your opinion and get the skinny on what the school's plans, goals etc are. It has been a great experience and we are very grateful to be here!

Posted November 29, 2012
Overall we have had a good experience. Great teachers and responsive admin. We wish the bright kids could be challenged more in class or be grouped together. Also, wish more parents took responsibility for educating their children.

Posted May 21, 2012
I just finished my 8th year at MPE with two more years left. I love MPE and have volunteered for many years in the classroom and with the PTA. My three children have received a strong, well-prepared, and well-rounded education. The Principal, Ms. Stacy Perlman and Assistant Principal, Ms. Mary Ellen Robson, are dedicated, involved & engaged with the students and with school activities. There is never a day when your child will not be greeted with a smile and by name from each. The PTA volunteers are passionate and hard-working. They may seem cliquish, but that s because they are focused on helping the school-please volunteer! On a final note, Ms. Perlman asked the 5th graders to write thoughts about leaving MPE this year. My daughter wrote the following: What is the best thing about MPE? The friends we all share and laugh together with. What is your advice for your teachers and principals? Our 5th grade year has constructed and changed our behavior toward education and we will remember that thanks to you. What is your advice for younger students? Focus on your goals so you may achieve confidence in time and live to your potential. Yes, MPE is a great school!

Posted November 04, 2011
Mountain Park Elementary provides not only stellar education, but also a community of caring people as well. Recently our daughter experienced a difficult injury and the entire staff rallied to support her and provide the best support possible. She was provided with home teaching that actually enabled her to get ahead! They've never given me a hard time about taking her out of school for the subsequent doctors appts and therapy. MPES understands that her health is our first priority, her spirits my second. They provides excellent education, care and supoprt to our community.

Mountain Park Elementary School
11895 Mountain Park Rd, Roswell, GA  30075
Last modified Mountain Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top