Roswell, GA

Posted May 29, 2015
We have two children who attend Mountain Park. MPE is a warm, non-limiting, supportive school/community where our children thrive. The PTA is all inclusive and hardly asks for money as they run an annual fundraiser.We love not having to sell wrapping paper to the neighborhood. The teachers have high expectations and the children are kind. One of our children has some special issues and the staff has been nothing but supportive. We feel that this is the only community for us.

Mountain Park Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
Mountain Park is a fantastic school with a supportive and caring staff. The staff there really works to get to know each student, and our children really feel "at home" at MPE. This year, Mountain Park incorporated project-based learning in their school day for every child, and I have personally seen students flourish from the hands-on learning, engagement, and challenge. I love seeing the pictures of the students on twitter laughing and just loving learning! If you're looking for a place to really have your child blossom, MPE is the place to be!

Posted May 29, 2015
I have had the most awesome experience as a parent of a student at Mountain Park. My student started in kindergarten and was identified as a student with some reading weakness. She was taught strategies throughout her elementary years that enabled her to succeed in her middle school and high school academics. I have no doubt she would not be as successful as she is had it not been for the team of dedicated admin, teachers, and support staff at Mountain Park. This not only helped her academically but built her self -esteem and continues to empower her as she attempts new things. This school continues to reach out to alumni for different programs for the current elementary students to feel a part of their future high school. The community is warm and welcoming to all. I feel blessed to have had my child become a part of the Mustang family.

Mountain Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2015
This school is fab if you are seeking an exclusive country club environment where learning does not matter. Administration is ALL about perception; national recognition, state test scores and appearances, yet has zero passion for lifelong learning. If your child is gifted and exceptional, RUN! If your child struggles, it is a maturity issue or bad parenting and you are shamed into tutoring by "official school partners". Mental cruelty and bullying by teachers is ignored by the Principal. The K para pro (with no degree) bullying students for years remains, the 1st & 2nd grade teachers who outright shame students not easily taught remain, but the best and brightest are going or gone. The child bullies are NEVER reprimanded, their parents devote their days and checkbooks to the PTA. Ask around before attending, perception is truly NOT the reality here and education is not the priority!

Mountain Park Elementary School 1

Posted April 16, 2015
I placed my child at MPE under the open enrollment program for Fulton county. This was the worst mistake. Like previous comments I can also confirm that this school is score driven. If your child didn't start here from Kindergarten to be molded into a robot your child isn't teachable without being medicated or tested for medication. The Math curriculum is at least 2 grades higher than the grade students are in and even the staff stated it was a ridiculous curriculum. I can also say that parents are cliquish and the school is controlled by the donations they encourage ALL THE TIME. If you don't fit the "Stepford" child criteria your child will have problems. There is also a bullying problem that is overlooked even when addressed to staff. After my child was pushed into muddy water by another student his pants, shoes and socks stayed soaking wet all day from 11:45 a.m. until the end of the school day. No note was sent from the teacher I found out from my child who told her at school. There have been too many incidents to list...Just go to another school. Sweet Apple Elem. is very good my other child was placed there this will be my childs last year at MPE.

Posted January 07, 2015
I am actually a parent and a teacher. I started teaching at MPE last year and felt instantly at home the day I walked into the door. The front office staff is wonderful. They are so friendly and helpful. I have worked at quite a few schools in Fulton County, and this is one of my favorites. I was so happy with the school that I chose to send my daughter there this year. The school has a family environment. The teachers and staff at MPE are amazing! They work hard to make sure the students are challenged, needs are met, and that they feel loved. The administration is wonderful! They are positive and supportive, and work hard to make sure the school is a good place to be. I love the school so much that I am thinking about moving, so it is my children's home school. MPE is a great place to work and to send your children!

Posted January 04, 2015
MPE is a wonderful school and has a terrific community surrounding it. The teahers are top notch and always learning new and innovative ways to teach students at the highest level. We were previously a private school family and you could not pay me to leave MPE. The staff, teachers and parents truly work together to make this a wonderful school. Proud to be a part of the MPE family.

Posted January 04, 2015
MPES is a wonderful school full of dedicated teachers, supportive staff, and willing parents. We specifically moved into this area so that our children would be able to benefit from the fantastic academic and community opportunities that MPE provides. We have been more than pleased. The education here is above and beyond most, if not all, the private schools in our area.

Posted January 04, 2015
Our children attended a local private school before transferring to Mountain Park Elementary. Once we did, we wondered why we were throwing our money away. The quality of education and personal attention that each of my 6 children have received is incomparable. The administration has been quick to respond to any concerns that have arisen, and as my older children move on to the local middle and high schools, they have done so well-prepared for the challenge. The staff always seems positive and encouraging. They care for each child, and it feels like they are as proud to be at Mountain Park as my children are.

Mountain Park Elementary School
11895 Mountain Park Rd, Roswell, GA  30075
Last modified Mountain Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top