Roswell North Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted July 30, 2014

RNE is an incredible, tight knit school, that loves its children. While the school may be 1,000 students, it surely does not feel like it inside. Familiar faces and friendly smiles fill the halls. Every time I am at the school as a parent volunteer or just picking up my child, I want to be there more and more. Our children have been well-cared for and had excellent teachers. We love RNE!

Posted July 30, 2014

This is an excellent school with excellent teachers, parents and community support. RNE has become the "it" school in many North Fulton circles. From a great PTA, Foundation, Dad's Club, Art's Program, Science Lab and growing technology, this school is not waiting for government to figure it out, they are investing in their own school and making a difference. It appears that some reviews have an agenda. If you wandered by the school during open house and talked to veteran parents, I think you would hear 99% positive. The Principal was Teacher of the Year for Fulton County this year, test scores continue to improve and they embrace the diversity of their student body and cherish the diversity as the asset that it is. Beware of the school you get if you judge only test scores, it may lack heart.

Posted July 30, 2014

Roswell North is a wonderfully diverse school. Teachers meet the demands that are placed on them. It is a large school that feels warm. Teachers and administration truly care about the ALL students.

Posted July 30, 2014

I have read many of the reviews before posting my own. Is the lunchroom rigid? yes, a bit. These ladies are trying to encourage our children to eat their lunch and not return to the classroom hungry. I have been through RNE with my oldest now at RHS and he is an honor student, taking 3 AP classes and will have NO problem being accepted to any college he chooses. This is due to the love of learning he received at RNE. My second son is now attending RNE and I am even more thrilled!! The caliber of teachers along with a Principal who received the Fulton County Principal of the year award is truly a Blessing! My son has an IEP and while we struggled in the beginning it is now running smoothly. The struggles had nothing to do with the school but with the red tape at the County level. PE is physical!! My son comes off his bus sweating on PE days, he has been enjoying music as well as Art. There are also many extras you will not find in other schools. Artist day, Science day are two of our favorites in this house!! My children are Blessed that they have received an education at RNE.

Posted June 24, 2014

I love RNE! I think it's a great school. My daughter will be a first grader in the fall and she loves it here. This will be her third year there. Kindra Smith the principal was just voted principal of the year for 2014 and she deserves it. If you live in or move to Roswell this school is awesome.

Posted June 23, 2014

The principal is terrible and passes her duties onto others. When you complain and try to point out the things that to be fixed they put the blame on the parent. Since the principal became principal the school went down hill. She's not focused on helping the children, especially special needs children she's more concerned about money. If a persons passion is getting the children the education they need to succeeded then they will do what's in the best interest of the child not for their personal needs. Very unprofessional and also gets involved in custody cases which by law school staff is not suppose to make suggestions or get involved unless children are being abused or neglected. Favoritism all around and it's so disgusting. 6 out of 10 ratings is a fail.

Posted May 21, 2014

This school has been a great disappointment and it is necessary to notify other parents of the shortfalls in order for them to avoid the negative experiences we've had. Where to begin? Teaching is academically weak, homework is inconsistent and confusing, papers are mis-graded, then "lost" and a lack of organization pervades the classroom. Worse, there is bullying going on that is denied by teachers and principals. In addition, lunchtime is a free for all chaos that results in grossly inappropriate conversation and conduct, which goes unnoticed and unattended by staff. Leadership gives lip service to advocating for the needs if children but when questioned or challenged they spread the blame instead of taking responsibility. We're withdrawing our children as soon as possible.

Posted April 30, 2014

We moved to the city due to the schools parent ratings. My children and us as the parents have had all positive experiences with everyone from Ms. Glass in the cafeteria to the teachers and office staff. Tons of parental involvement and staff that is very helpful. The principal creates a wonderful and motivating environment for the children to cultivate participation and growth as young individuals.

Posted April 22, 2014

My children LOVE going to RNE! I am very involved in my children's education and the administration, teachers, and staff go above and beyond to make sure the kids are happy and are learning. The parental involvement is second to none and the PTA and Foundation provide enriching opportunities to all students. I feel like my kids are getting the best education possible at this awesome school. The negative comments on this site in NO way represent the feelings and thoughts of the MAJORITY if the families at this school! This is school is a wonderful, engaging, and caring place! We are lucky to have a school like this in our own backyards!

Posted April 18, 2014

Roswell North is one of the best schools in North Fulton. I have two children in 3rd and Kindergarten, and we have had an amazing experience. The Foundation and PTA provide excellent opportunities for parental involvement and provide technology, science lab, and free field trips. I am thrilled that we will be adopting the STEAM model next year!

Posted April 17, 2014

All you need to do is check the rankings on this site. 6/10 is a failing grade.

Posted March 18, 2014

Roswell North is an outstanding school and I would highly recommend it to any family. I have had two boys attend from grades K-5 -- one a TAG student and the other on a 504 plan because of his ADHD. The school environment has felt more like that of a private school than a public. The teachers and administration strive to make sure every student succeeds and have always been available and in communication about both the achievements and challenges my boys have faced in elementary school. There is also a strong PTA and high level of parent participation and community support. Roswell North is truly a school that cares about their students and the families they serve.

Posted February 20, 2014

My son & daughter attended this school Mr.Walter is the best teacher ever if I ever move in the area again I would definitely let my kid's attend School here

Posted February 19, 2014

While we are fairly new to the school, I have been extremely happy so far. My daughter is in Kindergarten and she has come so far this year already. Her teacher is very supportive and attentive. The PTA support and parental involvement also seems great. We are very excited to get more involved with the advancement of this school in the coming years!

Posted February 8, 2014

We attended this school two years ago. I can't begin to explain the difference between the school we attend now and Roswell North. I think the new principal has come in and is driving this school into the ground. Why hasn't she claimed the school on greatschools.com to answer people's concerns? We didn't have the issues with lunch I read about on this site, but we did have big issues with the teachers not teaching. They would just send the test home the day before for us to teach. We also noticed a big deal made about the "TAG" program, our son would refer to himself as dumb because he wasn't in TAG. We are no longer am at this school but we couldn't help but comment after reading the reviews. Our experience here was also bad as other people have commented. I encourage parents to look into other public and private schools before settling with Roswell north.

Posted January 25, 2014

Roswell North is...a place most kids call their second home. I have seen through my own children's eyes the love of their teachers, principals and friends. I am very involved with their education and I feel the school goes above and beyond to help each child succeed. Are there areas needing an overhaul? Of course, but if you think there is a school out there without these issues, you are living in a dream world. Thank you to to previous parent for being positive. It is very easy to post on this site and I encourage others to take the time to do it. My one rebuttal is about the lunchroom. My children really don't mind the music. It might not be their choice of music, but they enjoy being able to eat without classmates yelling in their ears. Lunchtime is a time to fuel up for the rest of the day. If they talk and play the whole time then they don't eat. Hats off to the staff that has to be in there day in and day out.

Posted January 17, 2014

I couldn't agree more with the recent reviews. Yes they have a computer lab, but I'm told they play angry birds while there. Yes they have a science lab which they visit maybe once a month. Lunch is like an institution where they have intervals of three minutes to talk five minutes of silence. Art and music are a nightmare. They send the test home the day before so you can teach it to your child. Carpool is a mess and the bus is even worse. They focus on "center work" during class time which is basically the kids doing their own thing for two hours of the day. They don't instill the basics like addition and subtraction but skip around from topic to topic in math. They have no accelerated reading program or any emphasis on reading at all. They give the kids spelling words that are not even gone over in class, but they test them on the words. There are many disipline problems in the classroom, which seem to go unattended. The classrooms are bare and not child friendly. The grading system is like a high school, except they set such high goals for the kids but dont help them achieve them. They throw work at them and expect the parents to teach it. Basically, I would avoid this school.

Posted January 16, 2014

Stay far away from this school. We thought we had found a gem but it went horribly wrong. My son and his class was bullied by his teacher all last year. The staff has never come clean or apologized for their lack of dealing with this issue. It's all been quietly covered up. Also lunch in the cafeteria is very rigid. The children are only allowed to talk in 3 minute intervals when the music isn't playing. During the whole lunch period they are berated and yelled at by staff for being too noisy. It's very stressful.

Posted December 17, 2013

Great parent involvement with the Foundation and the PTA. Wonderful teachers, staff, and principal. We could not be happier to have our child at Roswell North Elementary.

Posted November 4, 2013

I have to say that I have been pretty impressed with this school so far. I had really wanted my children to go to a well-regarded private school in the area, but just couldn't pull together the expensive tuition. But as it has turned out, my kids have had awesome teachers at Roswell North, are excelling in their school work and really enjoy going to school every day. Our family is happy with our school thus far!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

173 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

172 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

173 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

174 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

174 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

169 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

169 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

155 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

155 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

154 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

160 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

160 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

145 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Special education / special needs

• Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

• Gifted specialist(s)
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

10525 Woodstock Rd