Roswell, GA
Students enrolled: 1,044

Posted August 26, 2014
As long time Roswell residents now with a little one, we had our daughter here for K and 1st. We had an incredible experience with both our K teacher, Ms Schindler, and our 1st, Miss Williams. Not only the teachers but the principal, Ms Kindra Smith is caring, motivating, energetic and very involved. It is her mission to get these scores up and put RNE on the map again. The negative reviews have to be from un-involved parents as if you've attended any of the school functions you will see immediately that this is a very tight knit community of fabulous folks and kids! We have since moved to Cherokee because our family needs have changed and we love our new school, too, but I felt compelled that you needed a review from a fellow RNE parent. We will forever be grateful for our experience at RNE and will remain close to these folks forever. Our daughter thrived here educationally and with her peers. Go Bears!

Roswell North Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2014
We absolutely love RNE! We considered private, decided to give RNE a shot and have been extremely happy with the entire staff. Our child loves this school! Our principal is very motivating, involved and energetic. She truly has the children's best interest at heart. AND she IS the principal of the year for Fulton County!!!!

Posted August 06, 2014
We are looking forward to another great year at RNE. The preparation put in by the teachers, staff and parental/community volunteers is impressive. They have set the table for the students to succeed! Go Bears!

Posted August 03, 2014
We've been proud RNE parents for over 3 years now and are looking forward to many more. We're so blessed to have the leadership of Fulton County's Principal of the Year. The teachers are so engaging and invested. Our parents come together and work very hard for the school and the best for ALL students.

Posted August 03, 2014
Principal Smith is one of the best leaders I have witnessed in any school system. She always motivates not only the students , but the teachers and parents as well. Mrs. Smith is building one "team" with the parents and facility and the support for the school programs since she has taken over has been very good. Parental involvement is excellent at Roswell North and Mrs. Smith is always out networking with the PTA and supporters. To say that you have to be very involved as one reviewer stated to get the most out of the system is stating the obvious. You will be able to have more input into the decisions that are made if you get involved with the PTA and attend many of the open meetings. OPEN is the key word here as the opportunities to hear about new programs and provide inout are available if you look for them. I am a very happy parent.

Posted August 01, 2014
This is the beginning of our 9th year at RNE and our kids have been so happy here. The school, PTA and Foundation all work together to provide experiences and technology that would not have been possible without additional resources. RNE has great leadership and a stellar teaching roster. We love RNE!

Posted August 01, 2014
Our son attended RNE from 2nd to 5th grades. Initially put-off by the older building, we grew to know and love this school, both under the leadership of Jerome Huff and then Kendra Smith. We found dedicated teachers, good communication, responsiveness to parent input and a positive environment. We were actually sad when it was time for middle school. We are very involved parents and felt very welcome.

Roswell North Elementary School 3

Posted July 31, 2014
You may have noticed that there are a lot of posters on the same day. We were asked by a PTA rep or RNEEF rep to come here and put positive reviews to counteract the negative ones. I've been in the RNE family for about 9 yrs now. I 've experienced 2 principles. Smith was Principle of the year, but she has a lot of learning to do still. she is compassionate. To get these things the positive posts portray you must be a VERY active parent. I was and learned how to work the system. You have too in order to help your child. I have experienced not being able to get the help or challenge for my children. I have experience the most wonderful teachers. I have experienced bad teachers and administration. The front desk ladies are awesome and most helpful. All in all This school is just average and talking to parents from other schools is very similar to Mountain park and Sweet Apple. Each year it's harder for the PTA to get volunteers. Last year they enlisted middle school kids for the festival because they couldn't find enough volunteers. involvement is still great on a day to day bases and it's wonderful dads are also involved. As with any school the more you show your face the better.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 31, 2014
I love this school! I have three children who have attended RNE and one on the way, I cannot say enough about the school....it is GREAT!

Posted July 31, 2014
We love this school!! I am shocked to read the negative comments but happy to hear these delusional parents pulled their kids out of our school. If our principal is "terrible", why was she awarded Principal of the Year for Fulton County? Because she is passionate, caring and respected, that's why. I have two children at RNE and could not be happier.

Roswell North Elementary School
10525 Woodstock Rd, Roswell, GA  30075
Last modified Roswell North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roswell North Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 147 reviews. Top