Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I was reading several reviews here and they make me laugh pretty hard. I am often in this school. Actually, I eat lunch with my son once per week. I didn't have one bad experience with teachers, director or anyone else . My son is in pre-k . He tells me every day what they did in school and what his teacher miss. Amos teach them. It is sad to see how parents love to blame teachers here. Some parents I guess forgot that they have to work with their kids at home too so they can help them to learn more,faster and better. This teachers have a same diplomas as all other teachers in schools so it is sad to see that people try to put them down. We all need to get involved to our kids education. From me all the best to new director, teachers and rest of school employees. Thanks for making my son be great students , great friend and great person. M. Montgomery

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My son loves his teachers Mis. Amos and Mis. Holbert. He talks all the time about what they said and what he learned in school.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My son is in pre-k. His teacher send a homework home to try to help them to prepare for kindergarten. She wants them to know that they will have work to do at home too next year. I find it pretty great. Homework is pre-k level so pretty fun and interesting for my son?

I'm terribly disheartened about this school, this year. My daughter has been attending Ison Springs for two years now, last year was a wonderful experience. This year however, is absolutely terrible. My daughter has two teachers, one who is known as the "MEAN" teacher. She took the first 3 weeks of recess away. The students are afraid to ask questions in fear of this teacher lashing out. I'm at my wits end. There is no way to contact the teachers directly, no communication whatsoever! It's very frustrating. What a difference an amazing teacher who shows empathy and loves what they do compared to a teacher who doesn't care about her students or communicating with the parents makes! We're looking into private schools.

Poor leadership and teachers with low morale. Teachers are not engaging and children appear to be merely passed along.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

While I understand the attempts of the principal, her directives/views are not being funneled down to the teachers to allow for effective leadership.

Develops character: Disagree

They talk the talk however they do not walk the walk when it comes to developing such traits.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Homework does not correspond with what is taught in classroom setting, it's as if teachers are clueless to this.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They have multiple ways of rewarding children for using manners. They go above and beyond to not only teach our children morals but they also implore them to use them on a daily basis.

I am a parent of not one but two Ison Springs Scholars! The faculty, staff, and children play hard but work even harder. The administration has always been professional and courteous. I couldn't ask for a better environment for my children.

Last modified Ison Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.