Posted October 14, 2014
Ison Springs is the best elementary school that I have ever seen. When I told my daughter that she could not attend anymore, she broke down into tears. She is currently at another school in Fulton but it does not compare. This was the only school that I have ever sent my child into and knew that she would be cared for without me having to worry. Mrs. White has the best staff and I have not seen a school in my years as an educator that is centered on the whole child becoming a life long learner. If i could I would take my daughter back immediately. She enjoyed the extra curricular activities that were provided by the school. She was involved in cheer leading, dance, and chorus. Unlike her current school, the parent only paid once a year and the fee was 25.00 for a uniform. As a single parent, I appreciated it. My daughter had the best teachers and guidance counselors in the world. Mrs. White, Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Laupus, Mrs.Stevens, and Mrs. Bolian I thank you for being such great educators and giving my daughter the steps to encourage my daughter to always be and try her best!

Ison Springs Elementary School 2

Posted May 22, 2014
My child has attended Ison Springs Elementary School for the last two years. I must say these were the most tiresome two years. During the two year span, I had the opportunity to observe the administrative staff including the Principal, Vice Principal and teachers, evaluate leadership behavior as well as academic expectations. I could not decipher if I was in a school environment or in Corporate America. The level of favoritism, unprofessionalism and childishness amongst the administrative leaders was very disheartening. The school believes that every scholar can learn, however not every teacher and administrative leader follows that motto. Classroom academic communication with parents does not exist, however any behavioral concerns are shown as the utmost importance. If you are looking for a school that focuses on challenging your child and keeping their spirits uplifted personally and academically, this is not the school for you. Submitted by a parent

Posted October 08, 2013
My son went to Heards Ferry Elementary for his preschool. We really loved it there and I was a little skeptical and hesitant at first to put him in Ison Springs Elementary. I am so pleased with this school for not only its academic advances but the staff and teachers are absolutely wonderful. It is in a very remote location and it makes me feel like my son goes to a safe school in a safe area. I'm very lucky that we have such a good school right around the corner. My son loves his teachers he's had in his classmates. I can definitely see him flourish here at Ison Springs.

Posted October 01, 2013
Ison is the best! I love the staff and teachers at Ison Springs! My children have attended the school since it first opened! The school's positive energy and love for children are as intense as they were the first year the school opened! They call our children, scholars. The school believes that every scholar can learn. Also, excellence is expected from every scholar. I am impressed by Ison.

Posted July 31, 2012
I absolutely loved Ison Springs Elementary for my son. Mrs. Jones, the assistant principal was excellent! I had an issue early into my son's first year at the school with a substitute teacher and she took care of it immediately. She was very personable and caring. My son attended Ison Springs for two years (4th and 5th grade) and will now move on to middle school, but I would definitely recommend Ison Springs to the involved and concerned parent.

Posted May 15, 2012
My son has now completed his elementary education with Ison Springs and will be moving on to middle school next year. ISON SPRINGS ROCKS...I am very sad to say goodbye. First: The principal is more involved than I have ever witnessed before. Second: The teachers are well rounded, involved, dedicated, supportive...and they actually love your children. Third: They offer lots of clubs/activities relevant to your child's success as an adult. The academics were great...PTA members step right up to tutor children having any type of difficulties. This school works as a team...I've never seen anything like it. They genuinely know most of the parents on a first name basis. If your son/daughter will be moving into this school district, do not worry they will take good care of your child and assure they're challenged academically. Looking for diversity??? They have it...it's amazing! Way to go ISON...you will be missed!

Posted April 23, 2012
My daughter attended Kindergarten there and will attend next year for 1st grade as well. The staff and teachers are top notch and really care about the success of the kids. They really go above and beyond to make sure children with special needs are taken care of and proper accommodations are made to make them as successful as they can be. There are children there from various cultrues and socio-economic backgrounds and everyone is made to feel welcome and treated equally. My only wish is that there was more parental involvement, although I do understand in a time where a lot of families have parents who work full-time, that is not always possible. For those wanting to be involved, there are PLENTY of ways to be involved from helping in the classroom, volunteering at one of the many fun events held during the school year or contributing to the school's awesome PTA.

Ison Springs Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2011
Ison Springs Elementary opened in the fall of 2009. The school is new construction and is designed well. Our son attended Pre-K and Kindergarten at this school and we have been thrilled with the level of teacher and principal involvement. The moto of this school should be "Diversity", because there are kids from many different countries, cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. The only complaint I can come up with would be a lack of widespread parent involvement. Overall, we are very happy with this school.

Ison Springs Elementary School
8261 Ison Rd, Sandy Springs, GA  30350
Last modified Ison Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ison Springs Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top