Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I'm terribly disheartened about this school, this year. My daughter has been attending Ison Springs for two years now, last year was a wonderful experience. This year however, is absolutely terrible. My daughter has two teachers, one who is known as the "MEAN" teacher. She took the first 3 weeks of recess away. The students are afraid to ask questions in fear of this teacher lashing out. I'm at my wits end. There is no way to contact the teachers directly, no communication whatsoever! It's very frustrating. What a difference an amazing teacher who shows empathy and loves what they do compared to a teacher who doesn't care about her students or communicating with the parents makes! We're looking into private schools.

Poor leadership and teachers with low morale. Teachers are not engaging and children appear to be merely passed along.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

While I understand the attempts of the principal, her directives/views are not being funneled down to the teachers to allow for effective leadership.

Develops character: Disagree

They talk the talk however they do not walk the walk when it comes to developing such traits.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Homework does not correspond with what is taught in classroom setting, it's as if teachers are clueless to this.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They have multiple ways of rewarding children for using manners. They go above and beyond to not only teach our children morals but they also implore them to use them on a daily basis.

I am a parent of not one but two Ison Springs Scholars! The faculty, staff, and children play hard but work even harder. The administration has always been professional and courteous. I couldn't ask for a better environment for my children.

I've had a few issues w/ the school but it hasn't been anything that we haven't been able to deal with. Some teachers could be a bit more attentive to the students, but that's why parents have to remain involved in the education of children.

Ison Springs is the best elementary school that I have ever seen. When I told my daughter that she could not attend anymore, she broke down into tears. She is currently at another school in Fulton but it does not compare. This was the only school that I have ever sent my child into and knew that she would be cared for without me having to worry. Mrs. White has the best staff and I have not seen a school in my years as an educator that is centered on the whole child becoming a life long learner. If i could I would take my daughter back immediately. She enjoyed the extra curricular activities that were provided by the school. She was involved in cheer leading, dance, and chorus. Unlike her current school, the parent only paid once a year and the fee was 25.00 for a uniform. As a single parent, I appreciated it. My daughter had the best teachers and guidance counselors in the world. Mrs. White, Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Laupus, Mrs.Stevens, and Mrs. Bolian I thank you for being such great educators and giving my daughter the steps to encourage my daughter to always be and try her best!

My child has attended Ison Springs Elementary School for the last two years. I must say these were the most tiresome two years. During the two year span, I had the opportunity to observe the administrative staff including the Principal, Vice Principal and teachers, evaluate leadership behavior as well as academic expectations. I could not decipher if I was in a school environment or in Corporate America. The level of favoritism, unprofessionalism and childishness amongst the administrative leaders was very disheartening. The school believes that every scholar can learn, however not every teacher and administrative leader follows that motto. Classroom academic communication with parents does not exist, however any behavioral concerns are shown as the utmost importance. If you are looking for a school that focuses on challenging your child and keeping their spirits uplifted personally and academically, this is not the school for you. Submitted by a parent

Last modified Ison Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.