Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)

My son has been there the past two years and really enjoys it. He doesn't want to miss school! (This is a big change from his previous school experience.) They really care and the administration will return emails/phone calls in a timely manner. I was impressed with STEAM night. The principal is working very hard to make it a great school and I can tell it is working.

Please consider this world class middle school- rigorous and varied curriculum with loads of project-based learning opportunities. An active PTA and Foundation support many extracurricular activities including sports, art clubs, musical theater, etc. I find my child's schedule to be challenging including courses in Latin, and orchestra, in addition to typical core classes. New school leadership have revitalized this school; and they are developing more and more community partnerships. Class sizes are small and teachers, staff, and faculty all seem to care about their school and all the children who attend.

Excellent school with passionate and caring teachers. My daughter is challenged in her classes and pushed to excel in a positive way. Am so happy to be a part of this community.

Mr Gardner, our new principal, has stream-lined the registration process to include the "fast pass" which was done online. He has also improved communication through the remind app. He's improved the carpool lanes.

Our 3rd child has started at SSCMS this year as a 6th grader, and the experience keeps getting better & better. He comes home every day full of great news about his various classes and after-school opportunities. He loves his teachers, is challenged, is active in the STEAM academy, is learning how to play the violin, and is playing on a soccer team. He understands that his principal has a world-class school vision, and we see distinct evidence of nearing that goal as parents.

We have found SSCMS to be a fabulous school! Our children have been challenged in their classes and have made great friends. I love that our children are in school with children from all walks of life. Being able to accept and interact with people of different faiths, backgrounds, and interests will benefit them greatly later in life. Our new principal has brought new energy into the school! The teachers are amazing! In short, we have been very happy with our time at SSCMS and look forward to our 5th grader going next year!

Our son is just starting 6th grade at SSCMS. The experience has been nothing short of amazing! The principal, staff & PTA reached out to incoming parents & students very early on making the transition much easier than anticipated. The teachers are all very professional & caring. The principal is very energetic and focused on making the school world class. We are very excited to be part of the journey!

My son is currently in the beginning of his 7th year and attended SSCMS for 6th grade. I have truly enjoyed the open communication between the educators and principal. They are constantly looking for ways to improve the school and it's processes. For example this year's orientation was swift and easy I was in and out. They have invested in their overall programs. Just like any institution there are areas of improvement but with the involvement of the PTA and great parents this school will soon become an outstanding learning environment. As parents who moved here from "Up North" and didn't know what we would be walking into I soon realized that we had made the right choice. The second year in had definitely been more enjoyable thus far. Mr. Gardner has been a great principal he's always looking for ways to communicate information with parents, involved in communicating with PTA and through multiple channels including social media. We love it here!!!

This is my fourth year at this school. My eldest is now a freshman in High School and I have a 6th grader there now. My eldest flourished at SSCMS! The teachers are dedicated to the students and families. They communicate well and the students are happy. It is a win-win for parents and students. Under the leadership of the new principal, Mr. Gardner, communication has increased about what is happening in our school. Whether it be in the carpool line, or in the hallways...you will be sure to see Mr. Gardner engaging with the students and their families! My children are on different academic levels and the teachers are prepared to teach each student wherever they are. If you are looking for a world class school, look no further!

My son is about to finish his 7th grade year at SSCMS and we have only had positive experiences. He is 13 years old and ADHD. We tried the private school route (GHA, Galloway)... but honestly they (unlike Public Schools) are not mandated to know how to teach a student with my son's challenges. He is very bright and came to SSCMS in the 6th grade and went right into advanced classes. We have a 504 plan for him and I regularly speak, text and email with his teachers when necessary. He is challenged by the curriculum and has a great, diverse social life. The first year I wasn't very involved... but this year I was able to take on more volunteer roles and spend time getting to know the admin. They are a dedicated group of educators who are working on building SSCMS into a top level, superior school for our community. I would suggest to anyone interested... before you decide on a private school, or consider moving to another county... just walk through the doors of Sandy Springs Charter Middle School and see and hear what all the great buzz is about!

Last modified Sandy Springs Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.