No rating

St Peter The Apostle School

Private | PK-8 | 200 students

Our school is best known for our rigorous academics and faith based education.

Living in Savannah

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $185,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $970.

Posted November 8, 2009

St Peters has been the best place my child could be. Her teachers have been loving and all of the children care about each other. I feel she is being taught much more than she could learn at another school academically and socially.

Posted November 7, 2009

My child has attended Pre-K, K, and 1st grade at St. Peter the Apostle School. I am thrilled with what she brings home from school. Her interest and skill in reading, writing and mathematics has grown well beyond what I've seen in her peers from other area schools. She also explores the arts and sciences. 'Respect' is a theme stressed in this school. She equates goodness and godliness. God is included in all school activities. Her teachers truely care about her. Parents are always welcome in school and class activities.

Posted November 6, 2009

I am the parent of a St. Peter's graduate and have a child still at St. Peter's. Both children have benefited from the nurturing environment of the school. The teachers know the children and keep up with them from the time they enter Pre-K until after they graduate from high school. I feel that they are very prepared for high school no matter where they go. The school is like family, the teachers really care, and the atmosphere is like no other. I do not go to church there and did not go to school there yet I have never felt snubbed by anyone. I have always gotten a feeling of being welcomed and my children have loved the school!

Posted November 6, 2009

The children that attend get a great education and belong to one big family. They care for one another.

Posted November 6, 2009

I love St. Peter the apostle because they are our extended family - we are a very unique group - we are there for each other no matter what happens. We also no all the children by names - it is an awesome shcool - I have 2 that are 21 and 18 that are in college that graduated from St.Peters and now I have a 8 year old that loves following in his big brothers foot steps. Thanks Christina

Posted November 6, 2009

My children have attended St. Peters for 6 years. This school offers solid academics, christian catholic values and is unparalleled in terms of parental involvement. I highly recommend St. Peter's to anyone who wishes to place their children in a clam, christian, scholarly institution.

Posted November 6, 2009

Wonderful school, great parents, great teachers, awesome children. Would not think of sending my child to any other school.

Posted November 6, 2009

My son loves the CCD program - He thinks that the teachers are wonderful - He started out at the sunday school class and loved it and has continued on. Thanks Diane

Posted November 6, 2009

I am a tenured veteran at St. Peter the Apostle School to say the least. I have been through many administrative and teacher changes in my years as a SPA parent. Change is a part of life, but the one thing that has not changed is my positive opinion of St. Peter. I tell others it is a complete package - a strong education, a family-oriented school, a fair environment where the rules must be followed, and a Catholic school giving glory to God as the utmost principle. My oldest child graduated from SPA and was extremely prepared for high school. My two current students are constantly challenged to perform their best academically, and the weekly posting of grades and the parent communication envelope help parents stay informed of their children's progress. I am, and have always been, 110% satisfied with St. Peter.

Posted November 6, 2009

I have 2 children who have already graduated from St Peter the Apostle and 1 that is still in Middle school. Both my high schoolers had a wonderful experience at St. Peters and are now thriving in there classes. They were both very well prepared when the left middle school, they have excellent study skills, and are both top of their class. Our youngest is also having a wonderful experience and I know will also leave St. Peters with a great education and many great friends. I love the sense of community we have at our school I would not give up the years we have had here. The teachers and staff are kind and loving and make the kids feel confident and special. I would recommend our school to anyone and everyone!!!

Posted November 6, 2009

St. Peter the Apostle School has a new principal and is making great strides. The teachers at St. Peter are very involved, hands on and provide a great academic atmosphere for the children. St. Peter's also offers a real sense of community and strong Catholic education. Class sizes are small which allows for individual attention to each child.

Posted November 6, 2009

My three children have transferred from the Archdiocese of Washington to St. Peter the Apostle in Savannah. We were extremely surprised to learn that St. Peter was so far ahead scholastically. Although we have had to work extra hard, we are very pleased with the curriculum. Additionally, we have been warmly welcomed into the St. Peter family from the Parrish priests to the school nurse and everyone in between. Their superlative educational standards, generosity and their sincere dedication to help Gods children is unrivaled.

Posted November 6, 2009

I have had 4 children attend St. Peter's over the past 16 years. My youngest child is currently enrolled there. The current faculty and staff are the best that I have seen over this entire period. The computer classes have really 'taken off' this year. My child is learning Excel and other programs that will benefit her now and in high school. I have had both boys and girls attend SPA. I have had the 'A' student and the 'needy' student. All have received an excellent education at St. Peter's and were well prepared for high school. All of my children participated in the sports program. Only in some of the girls' sports, did I encounter coaching problems. There are a few coaches who do play their friends' children before they will play the talented, athletic children. Academically, St. Peter's is the 'tops.'

Posted November 6, 2009

No school is perfect but I can honestly say the I have loved SPA as have my children. My daughter was very well prepared for high school and I expect the same for my son. Our new principal is top notch and the school continues to grow and excel.

Posted November 6, 2009

I currently have a 2nd and 4th grader. I have been very happy not only with the academics, but the extracurricular programs as well!

Posted November 6, 2009

The one word I think of when I think of St. Peters is 'family'. If you want a school with high standards for education, Christian values, and respect for one another, this is the place you want to be. It is truely a place you feel comfortable leaving your child, similar to leaving your child at a family member's house. The faculty and administration care about each child and are willing to do what it takes for them to succeed in and out of the classroom. All of this is done on a strong Catholic foundation.

Posted November 6, 2009

We, as a family, have been at SPA for 8 years now. Both of our children began in Pre-K. We love the community, the academics, the faculty and staff, as well as the tremendous parental involvement in the lives of these children. If you come check out SPA, you won't be sorry. Our new principal is our biggest cheerleader

Posted November 6, 2009

SPA is teaching my child to be all that a Catholic young lady can and should be. My oldest was very well prepared for St. Vincent's Academy for high school. Parent involvement is amazing.

Posted November 6, 2009

My child is receiving an excellent education at St. Peter the Apostle School. I am very confident that she is well prepared for high school. The teachers are wonderful, caring and nurturing and care about every student.

Posted November 6, 2009

I have two children at St. Peter's and could not be more satisfied. The new principal has really turned the school around in a positive way and my children absolutely love their teachers! They have both made such great friends and really enjoy going to school everyday.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

Extra learning resources offered
  • Acceleration
  • National Honor Society

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Mrs. Helena Russell
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA; Accredited by SACS and FCC

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Direct instruction
  • STEM
  • Teacher-run

• Mathematics
  • Religious
  • Science
  • Visual arts
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Savannah

• Creative writing
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Boy scouts

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom