No rating

Blessed Sacrament School

Private | PK-8 | 429 students

Living in Savannah

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $150,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $790.

Posted May 13, 2014

My children have had nothing but the most positive experience at Blessed Sacrament. Two have graduated and gone on to high school and are excelling in their academics and socially. They were well prepared for the rigorous higher education curriculum and they are also prepared spiritually for a Christ-centered life. It hurts my heart to hear people didn't have the same experience. I will pray that they find what they are looking for. My family found the teachers and staff to be loving, supportive and committed to my children's success on all levels. I recommend Blessed Sacrament and encourage all parents to get involved, volunteer, and put themselves out there to make the school a better place. That's how you become acclimated and won't feel like there cliques. Most of the parent-friends got to know each other in the volunteer trenches and the school is better for their hard work and support. God bless our school and all in it!!!!

Posted May 13, 2014

Such a wonderful place for kids to grow up! A loving environment where kids can learn and develop as a whole child. Great moral values are taught as wall as a top notch curriculum. The school has wonderful families that support it and help to make it a great place

Posted May 6, 2014

Blessed Sacrament School is one of the best schools for children in pre-K through eighth grade. The academic program is outstanding and the religious education is superior as well. The curriculum is filled with concrete academic skills and creative learning options. The entire staff goes above and beyond on a daily basis. The course work is challenging and students are held to a high standard. Parents and guests are welcome to tour the school at any time. The open door policy will show that Blessed Sacrament School is a great place to learn, love and grow both spiritually and academically.

Posted November 27, 2013

Sending my child to Blessed Sacrament was one of the best choices I have made. She is graduating this year and she is so upset. Just like ever school kid they will have a bad day. That does not mean you need to trash talk Blessed Sacrament. It truly changed my daughters life through the years. Mostly everyday she comes home happy and sharing stories on what happened at school. Last year her grade had a lot of drama but this year they act like none of that happened. They knew to get over it, the teachers helped them through it. Her class is like a family and loves them so much. All I can say about the teachers is WOW! They treat the kids like its their own child. They are always offering to help the kids, they are true HEROS! I recommend this school to every parent. They expect a lot which is good for the kids. The kids will have a great future. I honestly don't know how my child would be if she didn't go here. I asked my daughter about "cliques" and she said " Mrs. Brown told us if she sees any type of meanness and cliques we are out of Blessed Sacrament". As a parent it is good knowing that your child goes to school and you don't have to worry about them fitting in. BELIEVE

Posted April 17, 2013

My child is finishing Pre-K at Blessed Sacrament after attending another local private school for pre-school. We have been so pleased with BSS this year. They have welcomed my son, embraced him, and challenged him to learn and grow. His teachers are amazing women. I have spent a lot of time in the school through volunteering, and I continue to be impressed with the level of engagement from the teachers, staff and students. Teachers that teach there WANT to be there. They are proud of their school, their students and their accomplishments. People smile at each other in the hallways, and treat each other with respect.

Posted January 10, 2012

I have children in 1st and 2nd grades and we are in our 3rd year at this school. Contrary to some of the other reviews on this page, I found the staff, administrators and fellow parents to be welcoming and friendly. It was a bit difficult at first because so many of the students that attend here have been going to Blessed Sacrament Church their entire lives, so they have a large "family" feel due to everyone's familiarity with each other. As outsiders (we are not catholic) we were welcomed with open arms and now feel like we are a part of this large family. This is what sold me on this school and I am glad we made the decision to send our kids here. The school is challenging, but there is plenty of help everywhere you turn. Manners and values are a large part of the curriculum here and we have found our children using "yes sir" aqnd "no thank you" much more these days. I would say the children here are much more polite than at any other school. There are a few bad eggs that may tease other kids, but all in all I have been overwhelmed with how the teachers are able to keep and entire gym-full of kids quiet and respectful.

Posted January 8, 2012

I agree with most of the recent reviewers here, this school is not a good choice. The Teachers are downright snooty and a lot of the Children are very ill-mannered, the Parents- who do not speak AT ALL -act as if they own the school and have many little cliques that you will not be invited to join unless you fit ther "profile." My child is African American and within the 1st week of attendance he was called a monkey at least 20 times! Because he is a very trusting child he couldn't quite figure it out...afterwards it was Urkel, only resemblence is the fact that he wears glasses. Besides all of this, the Children receive homework in every subject nightly which is ridiculous and takes over 3 hours to complete. Even the coaches are terrible instructors who only allow the star athletes to participate in games, which is a waste of time and money. I have even been questioned by teachers concerning my finances because I don't believe in paying for trips ($$$) or extras until I see my Child's grades (my household rule). And, I make 6 figures! I will never recommend this school to anyone and can't wait until this term is over.

Posted July 17, 2011

Our grandchild attended this school for a short period of time and we were disgusted at how he and his parents were treated by staff. They may teach the building blocks of the Catholic religion here but the staff doesn't live those values from what our family experienced.

Posted June 14, 2011

We moved here from outside Savannah and enrolled our children here. We found the staff and some parents to be extremely cliquey and judgmental. We didn't see the curriculum at the school as being as advanced and challenging as we were told at the open house. We moved from a state where the public schools are top notch and after having multiple bad experiences with teachers we researched some public schools in and around Savannah, moved to the district where the schools were exceptional and have found our children are happier, we are happier and the curriculum is either the same or better than what was taught here. Leaving BSS was the best decision we made for our family.

Posted June 13, 2011

We recently removed our children from the school for several reasons. We found multiple administrators and teachers very difficult to work with and felt the mission of the school was not in line with the church and religious base it is associated with. There is a completely different thought process that functions in the running of the school than the warm, family oriented, welcoming environment that exists at the church. I would greatly caution parents who are looking at this school to explore all other school options. If your children do not fit a specific "type" or conform perfectly to what administration desires for their student body and student test scores you will have a very painful experience at this school. It is laughable to see advertisements from this school in magazines targeted at family with special needs children because they do not welcome, encourage or support children or families with students with any level of special needs, even the mildest forms.

Posted April 24, 2010

The entire staff is completely devoted to the children who attend this school and their parents as well. They instill love and the love of learning to their students. Who could want more than that for

Posted April 13, 2010

I love it for the sense of community and family the children feel because of the fantastic staff and parent involvement. The academics are wonderful.

Posted October 20, 2009

It has the best teachers and administration in Savannah!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 30, 2009

I love BSA because of the select staff who make school unique. They help the students (including me at one point) grow as individuals. I am still close to a teacher from there because she helped shape me to the person I am today by example with her outstanding morals and values.

Posted September 28, 2009

Blessed Sacrament school has a challenging curriculum taught by a nurturing staff. My kids are receiving an excellent education balanced with kindess and faith. We are grateful to be part of this loving family.

Posted September 26, 2009

My daughter started Kindergarten this year and absolutely loves it. BSS stands out above the rest by offering a faith based education in a small, family oriented setting. I know we made the best choice for our daughters!

Posted September 24, 2009

I send both my son and daughter to Blessed Sacrament. The one thing that overwhelmingly stands out about the student body is how polite, well grounded and altruistic they are as a whole. In today's climate of narcissism and divisiveness, the students of Blessed Sacrament give me hope for the character of future generations.

Posted September 24, 2009

Blessed Sacrament is a school that not only has a good curriculum but teaches our boys/girls to WANT to do their best in everything they do !!

Posted September 24, 2009

I love the fact that Blessed Sacrament is very family and faith oriented. Blessed Sacrament is one big family.

Posted September 23, 2009

It is the best. I graduated from Blessed Sacrament School and 2 of my Daughters graduated from there. Excellent School Staff and just a Great School. I have nothing to say negative about this school at all.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Savannah

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1003 East Victory Drive