Posted February 27, 2014
SCPS is an excellent school. I recommend a child spend a day at SCPS to get a feel for it. She/He will want to make Savannah Christian their school. Lower, Middle and Upper Schools are all outstanding. One of my children is in Middle School now and the Middle School (campus on E. DeRenne Ave.) is amazing. The transition to Middle School was made comfortable by the school. The Principal and the Teachers know all the children by name, they are always looking out for the child and are dedicated to helping each child develop to his/her full potential. I can't say enough good things about SCPS, the Middle School and the positive experience that we have had for six years, now. GO RAIDERS!

Posted November 17, 2013
Excellent school! Son was accepted to UGA which is TOUGH to get into! Great school.

Posted January 24, 2013
We have three children at SCPS (1 at Chatham Pkwy and 2 at Derenne) and could not be happier. The mix of a Christian education and top notch academic curriculum are exactly what we want for our children. As for the person who said there is nothing for gifted children, there are accelerated and honors classes as early as middle school. My daughter's 7th grade accelerated math class is equivalent to 10th or 11th grade work. If you have any doubt just look at the schools that SCPS grads get accepted to. I realize it isn't cheap but if you put your child's education as a priority then I highly recommend that you at least check out SCPS.

Savannah Christian Prep 3

Posted August 23, 2011
Lower School Chatham Parkway Campus: Too many kids in each class, too many women teachers and faculty, lack of ability to inspire students. Not worth the money! Had a child at SCPS for most of his lower school education. A LOT of homework & parents have to be a large part fo the learning process, which is good! BUT,some of the teachers & administration act really snobby, & nothing but women in the lower school makes it hard to control rambunctious boys (and makes it a little caddy too). Took my child out and put him in Pooler Elementary for 5th grade. Actually had one of the staff tell me that SCPS may not be the place for him (even though he made straight A's)because I asked them to help him remember to bring the books home he needed to for homework. I called a conference about it & made a big stink out of her terrible choice of words. After that, it was almost as if he was targeted. Pooler Public School had Smaller class sizes, a para-pro in with the teacher,staff that truly cared, loved their jobs,&inspired their students. If I had to do it all over again, I'd save the money I spent at SCPS. He met some great friends and had a 'some' great teachers but not enough.

Posted July 12, 2011
Having graduted from SCS myself there was no doubt in my mind where my children would attend school. I have 2 children that attended SCPS from K - 12th grades. Not only does SCPS provide an excellent college preparatory curriculum it also provides a Christian environment. I highly recommend this school.

Savannah Christian Prep 3

Posted September 13, 2010
Lower School Academic curriculum is great. Smart Boards, spanish, latin, bible, art, band...all excellent! Administration is so/so. There are some teachers there that you can tell have been there too long. They have no patience for elementary school children. Some of them are fantastic, but when I walk the hallways and hear the yelling that the others do, or have these conferences and listen to some of the silly things those few complain about...makes me want to say, "stop whining and TEACH these children. Who is the child, you or them?" ugh...My child has an excellent, new teacher to the SCPS family this year so no complaints there. Principal is fantastic. Counselor is a joke. Not sure what she even gets paid for. And to the parents that say SCPS doesn't have the set up for children who fall behind or have any mild needs, they are absolutely right.

Posted July 02, 2010
I have a child in the lower school at the Chatham Parkway campus. We have been there for a while now and see improvements each year. For those of you concerned about fundraising, SCPS evaluated their fundraising opportunities and drastically cut back on the amount of money that they ask you and your children to contribute/raise. (No more candy bars!!!) This past school year we were asked to contribute to things like Haiti relief on a voluntary basis only. Although I cannot speak for issues with the Middle and Upper Schools, I can say that Dr. Palmer and her faculty/staff at the Lower School are excellent and make every child feel important. I would say that you get out of any school exactly what you put into it, both socially and academically. This would apply to any school anywhere, both public and private. For my money, SCPS is a steal.

Posted June 26, 2010
I have been a student at SCPS since third grade. In my experience I have found that the quality of education you receive is fully dependent on the amount of work you put forth in each class. If a student puts enormous effort into a class, then he or she will reap the most benefits; but if a student slacks off and does not complete or even attempt his or her work, then that child can expect not to gain anything from the course. I am currently enrolled in numerous AP classes and have gained enlightenment in every subject I have studied. Savannah Christian is a great school for just about any child, if that child is willing to work hard and earn their education.

Savannah Christian Prep 2

Posted January 22, 2010
Not recommended if your child is gifted or needs extra help. This school is great for the average child but does not provide the additional programs for gifted or children who struggle with learning.

Posted August 15, 2009
I dont know about the person who felt 'descriminated against' but that sounds more like a personal problem then 1 with the school...and second i've never been able to use cell phones or computer for personal use, its very strict and if he/she went to another school i bet they'd be alot more disappointed..but SCPS is great and the best if your into sports

Savannah Christian Prep
Po Box 2848, Savannah, GA  31402
Last modified Savannah Christian Prep is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Savannah Christian Prep Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top