Posted May 08, 2012
I am also in the seventh grade at SCDS. SCDS offers academic supremacy to any other schools in the area, and the test scores prove it. SCDS does NOT ruin one's childhood, but switching in the middle of school life may not be the best idea, since the academics do offer a challenge. While Country Day is known for academics, almost all sports and extra-curricular activities are offered. Teachers and leaders are constantly active in a student's life, offering multiple different views on learning, accommodating all kinds of students with different learning skills. Overall, SCDS is an education that cannot be overlooked by a parent or student searching the area for a school welcoming all students, offering academic challenges and guarenteed success, and many activities outside of school to keep a student well-rounded.

Posted October 19, 2009
I have been attending scds since i was 5, 12 years and i am now a sophomore and i love love love country day, my best friend was forced to be sent to savannah christian (due to costly tuition) and she wants to come back sooo bad, country day has a very warming environment and i can guarantee you anyone my age hasn't seen the best of it but we have had one of the most school spirited beginnings then i have seen in a long time. I would never switch anywhere else, and i can say my brother (an alumni) who is now at one of the most prestigous colleges without being an ivy league would say the same

Posted July 07, 2009
I am a SCDS alum getting ready to graduate from college. Things I loved about it: Really knowing my classmates, being constantly challenged, wonderful classroom discussions, close relationships with teachers, being trusted. Things I disliked: studying more than I did in college, unexplained snobbery of some classmates (you'll know what I mean when you get there). Would I do it again? Absolutely! I really do miss it sometimes! However I'd give a piece of advice to future students: don't worry about grades- just enjoy your experience.

Posted May 19, 2009
Yeah i hate this school. It's terrible and no fun. I'm in seventh grade and Middle School at SCDS is not fun at all. It's work work work work. I guess it prepares you for the future but hey, i gotta have some time to be a kid!

Posted February 18, 2009
I love scds. it is a great school that teaches you what you need to know and really gets you ready for collage.

Savannah Country Day School 4

Posted February 09, 2009

Posted January 17, 2009
Excellent teachers and curriculum-- especially the lower school.

Posted December 01, 2008
Graduated from here and remain forever grateful. I continue to build upon the skills this school instilled in me from a very young age and allowed me to be several steps ahead of the rest.

Savannah Country Day School 3

Posted August 22, 2008
With one year under our belt, the jury is still out. The majority of the faculty and administration, that we have had the pleasure of meeting, are superb. Our children received a great over all education, however, it was not without drama (woes from the public school switch). I could write a lot of facts from incidents that would make a parent cringe but that would be out of character and mud slinging never solved anything. It is widely accepted at SCDS that you grin and bare or go elsewhere. We are betting our bottom dollar that everything else will catch up and be of the same quality as the education. We have an uncompromising faith in SCDS, the administration, faculty, staff, alumni, contributors and our fellow families.

Savannah Country Day School 4

Posted May 08, 2008
SCD has a tremendous amount to offer students in the Savannah area. Its extremely challenging academically, has great supportive teachers, and wonderful extracurriculars. It is worth the money most of the time. However, the high cost of offering so much to students has left the school with 2 major problems. First, a lack of economic diversity in the student body (b/c of the high price tag) creates a snobbish environment that can be either contagious to previously humble kids or divisive in its creation of cliques exclusive of kids who don t ascribe to the entitled attitude. Second, reliance on wealthy families for contributions increases their influence on the school s administration. But having attended the school for 14 years I can honestly say that any challenges were worth it. They made me a better person, more secure in who I was. Bottom line: I am proud to be a CD alum.

Savannah Country Day School
824 Stillwood Drive, Savannah, GA  31419
Last modified Savannah Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Savannah Country Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top