PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

This school has provided a challenging and nourishing environment for our grandson. He has learned to love learning and continues to grow in so many ways. Now in the sixth grade he is finding the middle school to have a very challenging curriculum and is rising to the challenge. The environment is perfect, giving him the freedom to have to learn to manage his own affairs where necessary and to prepare him for high school and college. I can't recommend it highly enough.

I attended Hancock 20 years ago from K through 3rd grade and still think that foundation is what led to my success at other schools in the Savannah area, where things seemed easy for me. I was suddenly the smart kid without even trying. After leaving Savannah for college and all that other grad school and returning to town, I'm gonna have to look to Hancock for when my kids get to that age. Seems their reputation is as good as it was when they were still on Skidaway.

I am a Hancock Alumni of 40 years ago. I attended Hancock for my Kindergarten and Pre-First grade years, then returned to Hancock Academy (when it grew into a High School) for grades 5 through 11. I have what I consider to be a top notch education, thanks to Hancock!! Whatever success I have or will continue to have in life (I am a medical professional now), I attribute to my education at Hancock. I cannot thank Mrs. Emmie Ruth Hancock (yes, I knew her!!), Mr. and Mrs. Bell and my wonderful, wonderful teachers enough!! Thank you for being so "tough" and giving me such a wonderful foundation. It has made all the difference in my life. RIP Mrs. Alice Camille Murphy and Mrs. Walton Ruff. Thank you for teaching me to love learning!!

We enrolled our daughter at Hancock after a tedious search for what we felt was the 'perfect' fit for her educationally. We were quite surprised when Hancock had one of the other 'top' private schools beat hands down. We even asked the lady who was giving the tour at the other school how Hancock students performed in her opinion once integrated into their student population and she said 'they academically out perform the students who have been here for their entire educational experience'! Between the warm welcome that we received from the faculty and administration, the small class sizes, extremely high educational standards, and christian values that are openly taught, our decision to send our daughter there was an easy one. This school is in a category by itself! No school can even come close to the superior education that they provide! We just wish they went through 12th grade!

We entered our daughter into Hancock Day School in October of this year. I have never been happier with an educational experience in my life. This school truly provides a top rate educational experience in a warm, excepting, and nurturing environment. We will be sending a second child to Hancock next year. You can look elsewhere, but I am doubtful that you could find a better school in Savannah. Yes, even those that are more then twice the price of Hancock.

Last modified Hancock Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8