PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Memorial Day School 1

Posted April 05, 2016
My son attended 7th grade there after 2 years of homeschooling . He is a special needs student . Constant bullying to the point of having things thrown at him. Teachers would "address" the problems yet it never stopped. Students are out of control and basically run the classrooms . I thought smaller classes would help my son , yet teachers can't keep 10 students quiet and in their desks . Horrible experience for my son.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 05, 2016
Mr Culbreath . The only teacher my son felt safe with , he treated my child like he mattered. Listened to him. A good teacher. Although he got frustrated with misbehaveing students.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted April 05, 2016
No control in classroom. Only 10 students yet my son had to go to a quiet room to work because students were up and running around room and talking ! Cell phones allowed which disturbed those trying to work .

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted April 05, 2016
My sons needs and feelings were never addressed. He went through daily bullying or being ignored completely. No consequences were obviously given to offenders. My sons book bag was broken by a student and has not been replaced by students family.

Memorial Day School 2

Posted March 01, 2014
Our son goes to day care/pre-school. The teachers are nice but the kids watch too much t.v. throughout the day (disney movies, spongebob). There are 2 full-time teachers. If they are absent, ladies we don't know are taking care of the class. One teacher is out on maternity leave. The other teacher is good but they have another older lady substituting for the one on maternity leave. She seems clueless. When the teacher who is out was still working, the kids practiced tracing their letters and other learning activities. We had daily papers to take home of what the kids had done (tracing letters, numbers, etc.). Now that she is out we hardly see any of those activities. I don't know if it's because the substitute can't work with the children on that. Our son will be entering pre-k in September but we will be moving him to another school for these reasons. We don't want to move him to another day care just yet because it wouldn't be good for him to be moved now and then have to start pre-k in another school.

Memorial Day School 3

Posted June 05, 2013
While we really liked our son's teacher, I felt like the curriculum wasnt challenging enough. He came home everyday (and every week) with the same worksheets completed at school. The children also seemed to watch quite a few movies (unrelated to lessons) during schooltime. The teachers for the most part were approachable and seemed to care about their students but I dont feel as if the admistration was always the most professional. We stayed a year and decided to transfer elsewhere.

Memorial Day School 5

Posted October 10, 2011
As a parent, we came from another country and we found Memorial Day School as the best here in Savannah , people are kind, they require appropriate behavior of students and a very good curriculum. GREAT SCHOOL!!

Memorial Day School 5

Posted April 19, 2011
As a parent of two alumni of Memorial Day School, I couldn't have found a better place for my kids. The teachers work with students on a one to one basis. They just don't flunk a kid because they can't do the work - the teachers work with each student so that they can be successful. My two are grown and doing wonderful thanks to this school. Once you get past the old exterior of the buildings you will find the heart and soul of the school is their caring staff. GREAT SCHOOL !!

Memorial Day School 1

Posted January 30, 2010
As a former teacher at this school, I have to disagree with some of these parents. Perhaps it is the high turnaround of staff, lack of funding, or general bad behavior of students....but take one unannounced walk around this school and you will see....

Memorial Day School 4

Posted July 20, 2009
The new headmaster lacks the ability to communicate and respect EVERYONE! The school principal is THE BEST! The AD is AWESOME! The teaching and communication with teachers have been great-the edline makes staying on top of a child effortless.

6500 Habersham Street, Savannah, GA  31405