PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Being an alumni I expected that my children would be raised in calvary baptist. However Kenny Grant, Dr. James Taylor, and Lyn Schumacher did not feel that way and informed my wife that our orthopedically disabled daughter did not fit the mold calvary wanted to exuberant. So she was not excepted but my other child with no disability was welcome. Dr. Taylor stated he came to this conclusion after praying about it. So the short and tall of it is, not all of God's children are welcome at Calvary baptist!

The acedemics are very poor and follow the "Piaget Method" meaning students learn from each other. Basically, you teach yourself. The religious views are so radical and bizarre and any other religion than southern baptist is seen as inferior. For instance the catholic photographer who as soon as he said something was treated horribly, just because of his religious views. Aside from religious prejudice, this is by far the most homophobic learning environment I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing. God forbid you come out as gay you're sent to the guidance councilor to try and fix you. If you partake in a "homosexual relationship" you are no longer permitted to go here. There's a drug problem they refuse to acknowledge and the kids who are caught have parents with enough money to get them out of trouble or have an outstanding athletic reputation to uphold. The worst I suppose would be the fact that most of the teachers will not hesitate to talk to you like you're subservient and unimportant. So in conclusion if you're looking to raise your child as a homophobic, gay-bashing, disrespectful, and all around unpleasant person to be around, send them here!

I have a child that is currently in the lower school and has attended since she was in Pre-K4. She had never been in a formal daycare and was very emotional about leaving me. I applaud the lower school principal because if it wasn't for her kind-hearted nature and nurturing staff, my daughter would never have learned how to socialize. She is thriving due to the low student to teacher ratio. All of the certified teachers give her the opportunity to reach her academic potential. She was inducted into the National Elementary Honor Society this year and we as a family believe it is due to the personal interaction all of the teachers and administers provide on a daily basis. Thank you to the teachers but I credit the lower school's achievement and success to the leadership of the principal! What a blessing to have my child attend Calvary!!

My daughter graduated from Calvary and my son currently attends. My daughter is studying for a career in medicine and was completely prepared for her college experience--as a matter of fact she is making Dean's list right now! Our son is growing so much with the help of an excellent staff and a genuinely loving school. Both of our kids have succeeded academically, but even more they have become really great young adults ready for the many challenges of life. What more could a parent ask? Choosing Calvary Day School was one of the best decisions of our entire life. Thanks Calvary.

I am blessed to have two children that have been apart of Calvary since they were 6 weeks old. They both are now in Elementary school and have grown in all aspects. Our son has scored in the top 5 % nationally on the Stanford and has been on the Principals List with 95 and above. They use technology but not for technology sake there is a purpose. I also like that the Elementary has them learning Chinese. That means by the time they are in High School they will have had Spanish and Chinese. Imagine your child being trilingual in the coming decade. Our daughter has grown so much and blossom both socially and academically. Her confidence has grown and they have several organizations for after school. From dance to cheer to girls on the run. Same for boys with Youth football, and now wrestling.

If you have any other options, you should seriously consider them, over choosing to send your child to Cavalry Day School. Their administration, especially at the lower school is in need of some serious overhaul, like, removing the entire lower school administration, and replacing them. Although, like any human, I will admit to making mistake throughout my life, but sending my child here is a mistake that I seriously regret each and every day. That being said, the child was removed, and I have since been told that the lower grades, specifically kindergarden and below, children are frequently held back despite knowing the required information, to enable the school to have older children for standardized testing as the children progress. Their after school program is horrific as well, allowing children to ride, without permission in personally owned vehicles of teaching assistants through the parking lot without seat belts. Frequently if alternative adults pick children up, there is no identification matching, and the children are allowed to leave with whatever adult shows up that they happen to know. (This actually happened on more than one occasion.)

I would not recommend sending your child to Calvary Day School. They claim to be a Christian school but their values are far from Christian. My child was bullied beginning in 5th grade until present. She is in 7th grade now. The bullying became so bad that she lost weight, she had anxiety attacks and hated going to school. My husband and me had several meeting with the administration of Calvary. They did absolutely nothing!!! She was threatened, bullied in person and on social media. It all comes down to whose parents donate the most money. We pulled our child from this school. We also pulled our other child. They are now happy and thriving. We actually discovered how far they were behind academically. They would not have been prepared for college if we had left them in school at Calvary. Read other reviews. We are not the only family this has happened to. I didn't want to select any stars for a rating but my review would not register unless I put a minimum of 2 stars. Calvary deserves a zero star rating.

Calvary is a great well-rounded private school. It has great academics and a diverse range of clubs to fit a student's certain desire. The teachers ask all of the students if they understand the material before moving on. The teachers love to help the students and other students are willing to help you if you need assistance unlike SCPS (where I used to go) where the teachers were mean, the students picked on you for being gifted, and where you never actually learned. It has numerous Honors classes and sufficient AP classes. Calvary has its share of average students but also has a large number of academically 'genius' students and I love being one! Calvary is also great for it's extremely awesome missionary trips to Africa and South America! This school is also fantastic if your child is into sports because we always either place state championship or in the top three in almost every sport. It's a great place where many students excel in whatever they do! Many students get accepted into really great colleges, in fact, this year, another one of our students got accepted into MIT! Everyone at Calvary is gifted and the teachers emphasize on refining that gift and it shows!

If your child is a good athlete, this is the school for you, if not don't bother. As my child does not participate in sports, she is a nobody. Academically, she will be struggling in college.

My daughter has attended Calvary since she was 18 months old, now a freshman and honor student she has grown into an amazing person both mentally and spiritually. I am very please with the academics at this school, the school also has a great sports program, they win many state championships, I would recommend this school to anyone, I have a son that went to public schooling and I will be the first to tell anyone that the difference is unbeleiveable..if I would have known the difference when he was a child he would have gone to calvary as well..Fully recommend!

Last modified Calvary Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12