Bible Baptist School 3

Posted July 03, 2014
Bible Baptist School is an accredited private Christian school. My experience has been with the lower school. Every year they are making changes to the curriculum. Changes that make their academic program stronger than many other schools in the area at a much lower cost. They are doing away with the outdated and boring abeka curriculum that many other schools in the area continue to use and are instead implementing curriculum with much more current and challenging material. The teachers are either licensed or currently working on their license. The classrooms need some renovations and lack any sort of technology which is an issue. They also do not offer all the specials that you would typically expect including art and computers. They do however offer library, Spanish, music, and pe. Many parts of the campus have been renovated including the addition of a school cafeteria and all asbestos has been successfully removed by professionals. I gave this school an average rating because while their academics are stronger than most schools in the area they lack renovated classrooms, technology, and some specials. I will say though that the academics are most important!

Bible Baptist School 5

Posted April 28, 2013
Clearly some of these reviews were written by "disgruntled" parents who probably did not get their way. I have two children who have attended BBS for the last 6 years and we have loved it. Is the school perfect? Of course not, NO school is. But they are clearly excelling in all the areas that matter. It is an accreditted, college prep school where the teachers not only are qualified, but also genuinely love the students. They just had a major campus renovation and the facilities are safe and beautiful(and they eat lunch in a cafeteria NOT a gym). The curriculum is challenging(which I love) and my kids workload, at times, seems a little heavy. But at least I know what they are doing in class! It has many sports offerings for the older students, but could use a few more other, non-sport, extracurriculars(they have some). I would encourage any parent to VISIT the school for yourself and see why we love it so much. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Bible Baptist School 3

Posted June 14, 2012
I went to this school I liked it . Its different because I went to Memorial Day School and I liked it but my brother went and graduated from Memorial and the other calvary all three are good schools.

Posted April 18, 2011
Im telling anyone who is considering this school do not go. Teachers cant handle the kids the right way. Students get bullied and harassed almost every day. Just take one announced look around the school and you will see what i mean.

Bible Baptist School 0

Posted March 19, 2010
My child switched from Calvary to Bible Baptist simply for the reason that Calvary, by middle school, had become something of a country club rather than a safe and comfortable environment for my child to learn in. Bible Baptist is great in that it's diverse and 'real' as it compares to the real world our children will eventually be thrust into. That being said, you have to take the bad with the good. They only this year implemented Accelerated Reader, a program that has been in the public school system and most other private schools for many, many years. My child repeated a great deal of what she had learned the prior year, her first year at BBS. It's education is certainly not up to other schools' standards. Last observation that I wish someone had shared with me: they have lunch in their un-air-conditioned gym. There is no lunchroom.

Posted December 14, 2009

Posted August 06, 2009
The curriculum is satisfactory, & children with very involved parents can excel at Bible Baptist. They have many involved parents. That (rather than the teachers or administration) is the reason for any success, in my opinion. I've never experienced a teacher/member of the administration go out of their way for a parent or child as you would expect in a private Christian school environment (except parents who are close friends with the teachers). The large class sizes cause problems that are often overlooked by the staff. The administration does not seems to value parent suggestions as they might suggest. I was either shown little compassion, or given a lot of fast talk by the administration. The facilities are sub par, & could be a lot cleaner. There is no lunchroom. The children eat in a gym. There is asbestos somewhere in the buildings, although it is made known to parents.

Bible Baptist School 0

Posted February 23, 2004
I had 3 children who graduated from BBS. From 2nd gr to their senior year my children excelled academically, spiritually & socially. I have nothing but praise for the school and the faculty. They were prepped for college as well as life. I challenged parents to send their children to BBS.

Bible Baptist School 4

Posted October 06, 2003

Bible Baptist School 5

Posted September 09, 2003
I have had two children attend and have both made deans list at Armstrong University. The christian leadership that the teachers offer as well as the genuine love is not found in most schools today. I have seen a lot of our students who have become teachers go back to Bible to teach. That says a lot for a school if students return as teachers.

Bible Baptist School