Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Before I brought my child to this school, I read all the reciews about this entity; and because the reviews were so negative I almost did not consider this school for child. However, as I further did more research on this institution, I started to realise that some of these reviews were ignorant because if any parent, with some intelligence, understands that private education is by no means cheap, and most of the complaints were about the school asking for money. So long story short, I would love to be a voice for Urban Christian to say that from the Principle on down to the teachers, this school is phenominal, and if you really want your child and/or children to be an in an environment that cares about their well being, Urban Christian is the place for you and your family!

Develops character: Strongly agree

This instistution teach children character by giving them verbal character traits, that for any reason these children find themselves in a negative situation, these children would know how to conduct themselves in a respectable manner.

Terrible school, the worst hands down we have ever been too. The situation which was the final straw took place during a rainy day. I did not have an umbrella and pulled into the reserved parking spot for the director to pick up my 24 mo old daughter. The pastor pulled up as I was pulling out and proceeded to threaten me with expulsion if I ever did that again. I told her it was raining and my child's health was more important. As a pastor she could wait a few seconds to park her car. She threatened me again to which I replied "God doesn't have reserved parking spots, children come first.". When I got home she had left a message on my answering machine to tell me our daughter was no longer welcome. I filed a complaint with the BBB and was happy to leave that place.

I rate UCA as a great and unique Private Christian School with a Principal and Assistant Principal who exemplifies strength of character, loyalty and perseverance. The entire entity, management team and staff truly believes in God's Words; it is so evident (all anyone need do is look). On many visitations, I've heard the Principal's testimony on how she was directed by God to start the school and charge the meager fees she does which is really an example of selflessness (I have questioned how the school survives with the fees that are charged, but then I've come to realize it is the working power of God). I understand that the school was built entirely on funds saved and meticulous managed throughout many years because she believed that accepting government funds would restrict the freedom of prayer and other biblical liberties or privileges (Amazing!). As I have watched Urban Christian Academy grow, I think the enrollment office should prayerfully scrutinize enrollees to ensure there is a mutual understanding of what is being done for the whole wellbeing of a child's mind (Parent participation--Volunteering and definitely much Finances play a large role in quality education!)

The principal only cares about money!!! But some of the teachers, or at least the only one I had any interaction with, are great!

I would not recommend this school to any parent. Everyday week they come up with a new way of getting money from all the parents. Last year, all the parents paid a mandatory $70 for the playground to be fixed last summer and NOTHING has been done to it. My son attended there for almost two years and only went to the playground about 5 times. He is 3 years old for crying out load. The negative list is too long to write. The most notorious one is the demand for money placed on the parents on a regular basis.

AS A PARENT OF URBAN CHRISTIAN, GOD HELP US. EVERY WEEK THERE IS SOMETHING NEW. MONEY, MONEY! THE SCHOOL IS REQUESTING $7O.00 FOR A SCHOOL BARIZZARE AND EVERY PARENT IIS REQUIRED TO PAY THIS. I THINK THIS NOT FAIR. WE ALREADY PAY FOR ORU CHILD TO ATTEND THE SCHOOL. $70.00 PER CHILD IS ASKING TOO MUCH. I WOULD NOT SUGGEST THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE. WE NEED HELP. SOMEONE FROM THE STATE NEED TO COME AND CHECK ON HOW THIS SCHOOL IS RUN. HELP, WE SEND OUR CHILDREN TO SCHOOL TO GET AN EDUCATION AND THEY PRACTICE SONGS TO SING AT CHURCH ALL DAY LONG. HELP,HELP 1

Excellent school and staff. I had two daughters to graduate here

From my personal veiw the school has good morals shows leadership positive role models towards children and to parents.Keep up the good work Saints

I would consider Urban Christian to be a good day care school from the new-born class to pre-k/K. You can't ask for a better school during those years. I woudn't suggest sending your child to the regular academic program because I don't feel the teachers are knowledgable enough to teach the content of regular academic classes. Computers theres are dinosaurs. You do have to participate in fundraisers, like the school wide bazaar, which is not worth the money that you are required to pay or your child will be kicked out. You also have to pay for other minor events throughout the school year that are used for fundraisers. The low day care rate is justified by all of the fundraisers that take place that help benefit the school. The teachers are great, and they really love the children. I would recommend with reservation.

Last modified Urban Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12