Posted May 03, 2012
My daughter has been going there since 3rd grade and it is great. it also depends what teacher you get. Some are better than others. My son is attending PreK and it is amazing how much he has learned there.

Southwest Elementary School 1

Posted April 09, 2012
This school is the worst school that we have ever been involved with! Being a military family we have been to many schools but I must say that after only a few months, my sons self esteem was at an all time low, the teachers and the administration could care less about the children. We immediately pulled him out of the school after several confrontations with the staff, he is now doing extremely well.

Posted June 22, 2011
I have two , one just finshed fourth grade and the other first grade. I must say the teachers do care about the work and education they provide to all students. I know because my kids attended Southwest all their lives. There are some parents, who you just can't satisfy no matter what the administrators do or not do. I have been "on guard " to place my kids in private school each year just in case, not because of the staff there but the demographic of families moving to this location. There are alot of parents who do not accept the responsibilities of being educator themeselves at home and this effects the whole aspect of school enviornment. I hope the staff at Southwest realize the importance of their work and I really appreciate them very much.

Southwest Elementary School 3

Posted October 12, 2009

Posted August 16, 2009
my son has been attending this school since kindergarten and this year he will be going into 3rd grade. We love it, All of the teachers have been wonderful! He is in the search program. And is excelling in school.

Southwest Elementary School 1

Posted March 05, 2009
We are a military family; our kids have been to many different schools. This one is by far the worst. My daughters' teacher yelled at students if they answered a question wrong, and criticized them as well. I witnessed this on several occasions. The office staff were not friendly at all. I felt very uncomfortable from the first day. My child came home in tears every day, and said she would be yelled at if she didn't know an answer. This from a child who is an A student.

Posted October 29, 2008

Southwest Elementary School 4

Posted October 01, 2008
My son has been in Southwest Elementary since first grade and it is a good school. The reading and math tutorials and CRCT camp help my son pass all of the CRCTs. He is now in the fourth grade and doing very well. He has had good teachers but two particularly stood out, Ms. K. Bragg, his-second grade teacher and Mrs. Wambold, his speech teacher. Both of these teachers go above and beyond the call of duty. Ms. Bragg was willing to stay a little later so that I could pick my son up from CRCT camp on my lunch hour. My son has excelled under Mrs. Wambold s realm; she makes sure he has all that is offered to him as a hearing impaired student. She is beyond dedicated to her students. It is because of her I learned about the reading and math tutorials. Parents get involved, be proactive.

Southwest Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2008

Southwest Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2008
As far as knowing what problems go on in the school. The school has no clue they wait till something big happens and then they contact the parents. The school needs to look a little closer at what's going on in the classroom. Teachers don't let you know your child is not doing well in school. You have to see that on the report card. The school can do better so can the teachers.

Southwest Elementary School
6020 Ogeechee Rd, Savannah, GA  31419
Last modified Southwest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwest Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top