Bad
Good

Simply the best middle school in Savannah, G.A. in all terms and aspects. Excellent-professional teachers, administration, and IEP group. The curriculum is exceptional and competitive, just can't be better. As a mother of an Aspergers student, I recommend this school all the way.

This school has restored my faith in public education! I love, love, love it!!! My son was previously in the Hawaii public school system and spent a year at Georgetown. Both were terrible experiences. He was so lucky to have been chosen in the lottery! The teachers at OCS are dedicated, the administrative staff is warm and professional and the school environment is overwhelmingly positive. Of course, no school is without flaws but this one comes pretty close to the best school I have ever experienced. I think the major component to the school's success is parent involvement and communication among teachers, administration, students and parents. This is a MUST in a successful school. If students know that both parents and teachers care about them, they are more likely to succeed. Thank you OCS!

This is an amazing school! We were in private school before 6th grade and it didn't even come close to comparing to Ogelthorpe! Absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! Very academic, rewards good behavior and good grades.

My daughter is a seventh grader at OCS. She is going to be more than prepared for high school. The teachers are excellent and demand the same from their students. Best middle school in Chatham County.

My daugher is a sixth grade student. I am impressed with the leadership and most of the teachers.

I am completing year ten as a teacher at OCS. We are the only middle school in Chatham county that does not have a security officer! Parents, students, and teachers form a strong triad.

We get to try innovative experiments, and techniques that are proven by research to work, and it shows in our student achievement. We are not bound to district or state 'rules' and can operate freely. We know our students and adapt education to them.

ocs is a great school. They are very hard on the students though. and there is a lot of homework. but i can say that i think that i will be very prepared when i enter high school next year.

I have been a substitute teacher at Oglethorpe. The teachers and the administration are exceptional. The previous comment, however, regarding politics among the staff, admin and teachers was a concern of mine. I don't think it affects the superior quality of the education offered. But if the issue of teacher turnover is true, which I suspect it is, considering the teachers I have known to leave, I can understand. I don't understand the internal politics at Oglethorpe, but I don't think it's something I would enjoy on a daily basis as a permanent teacher, trying to behave in a friendly, objective manner.

I luv my school!! it is surely a school of excellence !! the students are excellent compared to other diappointing middle schools in the county. the teachers are great at teaching the students great education and discipline.

Last modified Oglethorpe Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8