Savannah, GA

Derenne Middle School 5

Posted December 16, 2010
I am sure the young man or woman in the post below this one would change his or her tune if he or she spent a night in jail. I attended DeRenne 1997-2000 for the magnet program. It was a great experience. I was in band and I will never forget Mr. Staten - he was the best and we had an amazing band! SEARCH with Mrs. Guenther was fun - learning Latin, about the Renaissance, and Shakespeare. I remember my language arts teacher one year - Mr. Pruitt - was great. I loved my home room teacher. And I was never a great student! I don't remember all of my teachers names but there are a few that stuck out. The only thing I remember disliking about the school was the dress code - but what kid is going to like a dress code? I had a wonderful time at DeRenne.

Derenne Middle School 1

Posted August 23, 2010
I'm a student from this school. Some of the teachers are ok ,but some of them like to talk about us or our parents in rude manners. The teachers or principals don't let you tell your side of the story and just suspend everyone involved in whatever the situation is wether your guilty or not. From a students view.... If you had to pick jail or that school do jail.

Derenne Middle School 5

Posted March 26, 2008

Derenne Middle School 4

Posted June 27, 2007
From 2006-2007 school year: The school building is new, large and very polished. I'm very impressed with the Academy Program and Math program. Having the choice of Spanish or French is great as well. These are kids from all types of families, which makes it a very diverse school. If the school will try to overall improve its communication with parents, they would get an 'A' rating from me. I'm a parent who walks into the school at least twice a week, and have been let down in some aspects. I've met some teachers that are very dedicated, and they work extremely hard to help the children. Parent involvement is wonderful for a school body this size. Some of the newer teachers need to be more consistent in discipline with the students (e.g. don't be 'hard as nails' one day, then let the kids take over the classroom the next). Overall, wonderful school though!

Derenne Middle School 4

Posted January 25, 2007
The school's magnet program is wonderful. My daughter has a wonderful band teacher. She is learning french, which is wonderful. Some of the parents that are unhappy do not have good communication skills and therefore feel the school is not good but it is. The staff works hard to right the wrong and we all know that it takes time.

Derenne Middle School 1

Posted December 25, 2006
- a former student
DeRenne Middle School has some of the worst services, facilities, and academics in the United States. There is absolutely no relationship between school administrators and students.

Derenne Middle School
1009 Clinch St, Savannah, GA  31405
Last modified Derenne Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Derenne Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top