Bad
Good

This school is absolutely amazing. I just can't tell you how much I appreciate the staff here. Mrs.Taylor, the principal goes above and beyond my expectations! She is the most kind hearted person! Mrs.Pierce, the school counselor is absolutely amazing. She always has an ear to listen if you need to voice your concerns or want to ask about your child. She will even check up on them if you have a special concern about their well being. She always has a hug and a smile for my son which makes his day. It really means a lot to me how much the school goes out of their way to make you feel important as a parent. My son has had two amazing teachers now, Mrs.Martin in 1st grade who is sweet, kind, and wonderful to all of her students. My son learns so much from her, and loves going to class. He has also had Mrs.Horan in Kindergarten who as her first year at May Howard was stellar! She came in a couple weeks into the school year and my son switched to her class and immediately loved her. She is so peppy and fun! She really loves her students and takes pride in what she does! I highly recommend this school to anyone who is considering moving to this area!

My family moved here from Michigan summer 2014 and we were nervous about differences in schooling from MI to GA. May Howard and all of the staff have made the transition seamless for my 3rd grader. The school is wonderful and everything runs very smoothly. The structure the staff provides the students is phenomenal. I have nothing but great things to say about May Howard and the staff.

I attended may Howard for 7 years. PreK through 5th grade. Some of those years were the best expirences of my life. I learned to love to read and to learn to love learning here at may Howard were the teachers always want what's best for you. This school was amazing and I would recommend it to anyone. If your searching for a school for you child to go to, send them to May Howard!

My husband is now 52 and went to this school and we are proud to have had our 2 children go here as well. This is a wonderful school. I can't imagine why any parent living in the school zone would pay for your kid to go to private school when you can go to the best elementary school for free. My son was an honor roll student here and had wonderful teachers. The only downfall is that the building is very dated and they use a few trailers that need some up keep. They have an after school program for working parents as well. We will miss our children being at this school.

This is a wonderful school. My daughter has gone here since K and I couldn't be more pleased. The principal is a wonderful woman who cares about her students and her students' parents, and I honestly believe that her enthusiasm and attitude filters down to the teachers and staff. They don't tolerate bad behavior, and my child is bright and confident. I take my child's education VERY seriously, have my finger on the pulse of that school, and must say that I feel very fortunate and blessed that my child attends such a fine educational establishment. Bravo!

The teachers and staff are dedicated at this school. Both of my children are in the gifted program and it has been amazing. They have tons of science fairs and trades. The school really is advanced in technology and the groups they have created. I wish we were attending it longer but the last two years have been amazing. I think this school should be a 10 and not a 9. Very caring teachers. The community always comes to accomplish fund raisers and support the education of all the children. The military may move us but this school will forever be in our hearts! It is growing and they get more teachers in and keep the classes at the right size (about 18-21 students per class). The teachers assistants are such an equal part in the children lives and we are grateful for their love for the children. They have amazing gardens and picnic tables to have lunch with your students. Communication is daily with the teachers, emails and updates. It is a safe school and they have drop offs made easy in the back of the school. It has been a pleasure attending May Howard. We'll miss this one for sure! Tons of great field trips. It's a wonderful school and everyone will be pleased there.

We moved to the Island specifically to have our children eventually attend May Howard. We are very pleased with this neighborhood school and the programs offered. The principal is supportive and fair and has the students' best interests (academics and safety) at heart. While there are always teachers you don't prefer as much as others, the staff is fair and willing to work with you to solve problems.

May Howard is great if your child is an average child that fits the mold or if you are an average parent who fits the mold. Very bright children (with say an IQ over 130) are not accommodated and when they are bored in class, it is common for teachers to jump on the ADD train. I would NOT recommend this school to anyone who's child fits that criteria or to any parent who thinks "outside the box". We will be switching to Tybee Island Maritime Academy for the upcoming school year.

We moved here from Saint Louis in Jan 2012 and have had nothing but problems. The teachers, not all but some are extremely rude. The information specialist is very rude and doesn't smile. I'm very saddened at the way my children have been treated as well as I have as a parent. Extremely disappointed. I don't recommend this school.

We have been very pleased with this school. We moved here from out of state and without the advantage of word-of-mouth suggestions. The additional programs, gifted classes, and advanced projects that they complete are well focused and add to overall development and learning. The involvement from partents is amazing as well.

Last modified Howard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.