Posted June 18, 2014
My autistic son went to this school for a year. After repeatedly telling them my son need consent supervision because if he goes to the bathroom by himself he would eat soap, play in the trash can and ply in the bathroom. They still allowed him to wonder around the school by himself. The school doesn't have very much security. After they caught my son coming back from the bathroom chewing they assume he was eating out of the trash can and called DFCS or Child Protective service and told them I wasn't feeding my child. This happened in 2012. I had a plenty of food and my son is the correct weight for his height. If your child autistic keep them away from this school because the school has little knowledge about autistic kids. Long story short DFCS didn't find my kid was starving just the school was not supervising him enough.

Posted November 06, 2013
Amazing opportunities for the students not offered at the other local schools. Fantastic teachers that really care about their students and want to see them succeed, while also loving them. A general sense of family here.

Posted November 14, 2011
My daughter attends and overall we are very happy with her teachers and the program at Heard. My one complaint, they need to get rid of Dorothy Bland. She is one of the nastiest people I have met!!

Heard Elementary School 4

Posted October 23, 2011
ms satcher is one of the best. Coming from the number one state for education. I would easily, without doubt, list her amoung the best. Not only is she a wonderful teacher, but she cares about each student and goes out of her way to taylor the acedemics for each child.

Posted June 08, 2011
We took our daughter out of a private school and placed her at Heard for financial reasons. We heard great things about Heard elementary- great principal. Well, the principal left and a new one came. It has been a long and trying year. My daughter is a straight "A" student but cries and says she wants to go back to her old school. The students are unruly and there is definately no comparison to a private school education so far. Also, my daughter has learned things that she really shouldn't at her age. I hope it gets better!

Posted April 28, 2010
My grandchild has been going to heard since she was in the 1st grade. Her teachers Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Newsome are awesome teachers. If only heard could go through 12th grade. She would still be there. Please lets not forget about Mr. Heater the principle. He is the greatest

Posted April 26, 2010
As this school year is coming to a close I am so glad that this was my choice for my children. I have hope again in public schools. Mrs. Molz is a great kindergarten teacher and Mrs. Odom is a great 2nd grade teacher. (if anyone was wondering)

Posted April 16, 2010
After much deliberation between private and public school in Savannah, we decided to give Heard's Advance Learning Academy a try. I am so glad we did! My son is in Kindergarten this year and has loved every minute! I have been very pleased with his teacher and his progress this year. Heard offers strong academics as well as strong special subjects! Highly recommend! We are staying and looking forward to enrolling my second child in a few years!

Heard Elementary School 0

Posted September 12, 2009
This is my grandchildrens' first term at Heard, during the enrollement stage, I was very impressed with all of the faculty that I meet. Have only heard good comments and am looking for a good year so far Heard Elem. is four stars from granny.

Posted March 23, 2009

Heard Elementary School
414 Lee Blvd, Savannah, GA  31405
Last modified Heard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top