Bad
Good

Posted October 13, 2015
By far the best staff and hardest working teachers I have seen in a while. The principle leads by example and sets a high bar. All four of my children will have passed through the doors of this school and they all have been given every opportunity to excel. Thank you Gould Elementary!

Posted May 01, 2015
My kids have had excellent teachers at this school and the staff is always polite and kind.

Gould Elementary School 1

Posted November 23, 2014
Terrible school. You may have heard of terrible schools and how Chatham County is plagued by poor neighborhood schools but this school sets a new tone for horrific experiences. The teachers are not to par and there are teachers who speak Eubonics as their form of professional communication. The rules and regulations are punative and don't serve to embrace the student as a respected and worthy individuals. This school even enforces detention from 4-5 PM for kids in kindergarten! For very minor infractions. Staff stand around and if they see any minor infractions (example talking during the music at lunch) they threaten and then enforce detention. That is the mentality here. It is disgusting and there is absolutely no hope for this school.

Posted October 03, 2014
We have been at Gould for three years now and we have enjoyed our experience there. My twin boys started at Gould in PreK and are now in 1st grade while my daughter has started her PreK year at Gould. We have had awesome teachers, my kids come home happy every afternoon and are excited to go back every morning. I do think that there could be more parental involvement but the school itself gives lots of opportunities and encouragement to parents. It has a strong PTA and I have seen many parents in the classrooms and throughout the school. I would love for my children to have more active time but I believe this is a systemic problem and not a Gould Elementary problem. I always have a pleasant experience at this school and do not plan on moving my children from it.

Gould Elementary School 2

Posted September 05, 2013
There are improvements being made to the school. This year it is hoped that many people will participate in helping the school better itself. It all starts with you!

Posted January 10, 2011
I have not had any problems with this school except that it took some time to get my kids registered since we moved from another state , but my son has ADHD and his teacher is very good with him and is very good about letting me know if he is having a bad day or anything else and has been finding ways to work with him I am very grateful for this school and i am glad that my kids are going to it

Gould Elementary School 1

Posted March 07, 2010
The teachers at this school are rude and not very kid friendly. I've taken my kid out and started homeschooling because of this school

Posted September 09, 2009
Last year my son was in Pre-K at Gould and he had a rough year, he hated it, but we had a great support team: Mrs.Collins, Pre-K Advocate, and Mr. Fleeman, counselor. He still looks up to Mr. Fleeman, that was his go to guy when he was down. Now he is in Kindergarten and loves it. We haven't got to far in the school year, but I can tell you two things. 1.) Dr. Ethel Bowles is truly missed. She was a great principal and gave the school a very nuturing atmosphere. May Howard is lucky to have her. 2) Ms. Hermance is awesome. My son has made such a turn around this year. She is able to balance fun & discipline at the same time, which alot of teachers can't - they are either one or the other. He looks forward to seeing her even on the weekends.

Posted September 07, 2009
Dr. Bowles is a wondeful person and we are sad to lose her to May Howard. While she was here she was supportive, creative, and very encouraging. She brought test scores that were so very low and made them higher. If it was possible I would send my kids wherever she is now.

Gould Elementary School

Posted November 20, 2008
Teaching at Gould is great- Principal Bowles is supportive, and the school's climate is very helpful to teachers. There is a very nice atmosphere at Gould- for not only teachers, but kids, and parents. I teach special education and there is lots of support for the total family at this school. Gould is a hidden gem.

Gould Elementary School
4910 Pineland Dr, Savannah, GA  31405
Last modified Gould Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.