Bad
Good

The teachers are horrible. My child has come home crying saying sariah McCall her teacher at the time would yell at her to shut up and be really mean to her! I had issues with her bringing her own school lunches. I always pack a sandwich, Apple, fruit drink, chips and a small packet of mini cookies. They would tell her that she wasn't allowed to eat "snacks" at lunch so she could only eat her sandwich and apple. I've had multiple conferences with the teacher, vice principal and principle about my issuse with the school. We always have followed the code of conduct and went to all pta meetings. Needless to say, nothing was resolved so I home schooled my daughter the rest of the school year.

Love my child's kindergarten teacher. My child has learnt so much. I wish the school as a whole would be more organized starting from receiving kids being dropped off to school in the morning.l also get a vibe staff doesn't work well with each other.

I have a special needs child that has attended White Bluff for 5 years. I find the staff to be very caring and innovative in teaching my child. They are willing to work outside the box for an atypical kid. The school nurse is excellent. She helped us when my son got a staph infection where his pediatrician had failed to tell us an extra step we needed to take to keep him from being infected again. She shared her own personal experience which helped our son heal faster. She has never lost paperwork or mixed up any medicine that my son has had to take. It helps having an RN for a school nurse with the high population of special needs children we have. He is already missing his teachers even though we just started summer break. I have a daughter who is typical developing and has attended since pre-k. She will be entering 2nd grade next year. She is doing very well. I volunteer regularly at the school and have never witnessed teachers or staff being rude to parents or students. Their goal as well as mine is doing what is best for each child. I can't say that for the school board or other parents but I can for White Bluff Elementary teachers and staff.

My daughter has been attending White Bluff since pre- k and loves every moment of it. Currently in the second grade and a son in the first grade, my children's teachers have been more than amazing. My son, who on occasions, has behavior issues is worked with by the principal and the awesome teacher he has. When it comes to testing, I love the fact that my daughter teacher sends home dates and practice information to try and make sure her students are as prepared as possible. My children adore their school so much that they made it known they would like to complete fifth grade here.

I am currently an 8th grade student, and I went to White Bluff from Kindergarten until 5th grade. I never had a problem with any of the staff, nor did my parents. The current principal (2014) is an awesome man. I know just about all of the teachers and they are just as awesome. I am still involved with the school, and the staff, while losing people and gaining new people, is still amazing. I have seen complaints about this school that are just so wrong. I am not saying that you haven't experienced those things, but you need to give it another chance. When I do have kids, though that is a while away, if White Bluff is still there my kids will be going there. This school is the best one that I have volunteered at, and it is that way to many people. I hope that those of you who have had problems will give this school another chance.

I enjoy the staff at the school. They help give me tips on working with my son's reading, and the after school program staff have worked with me a whole lot. This is my son's second year there and we walk there every morning. In fact, I will be attending a PTA meeting this evening.

THIS SCHOOL IS THE WORST the principal does not demonstrat good leadership the staff is rude and the assistant principal is a total nightmare if this is what professional staffing equals up to in the public school system thank goodness there's other options I took a chance trusting them with my child this school year and came back to bite me I'm definetly looking forward to moving on to a better, caring, and professional environment hoping to not ever look back to Whitebluff Elementary

This school is the epitome of why Chatham County schools have a bad name. From the lack of professionalism, concern and care shown to the students, and their ability to carry out the basic duties of their jobs, by the receptionist, principal, vice principal, and school nurse are total failures to the children that they serve. They have lost VERY important paperwork on multiple occasions, gotten angry with me for my concern that they were not adhering to my son's allergy and asthma protocol, fed him things that he is allergic to, and refused treatment as per protocol. The receptionist's lack of professionalism was the least of my concern. It is schools like this that give Chatham County Public Schools a bad name. Also abhorrent behavior towards students from bus drivers at drop off seems to be tolerated from the other teachers and administration. I would seriously advise against placing ANY child here.

A parent's personal experience with a receptionist or other school administrators should not be taken into account when assessing the capability of a public school. White Bluff Elementary has the same problems that any Title I school has. Most of the students at this school live within walking distance of the campus, which is situated in the center of a community that fits into the low income demographic. Most of them are also latch-key kids who return to an empty home after school every day. The redeeming quality of White Bluff Elem. is the initiative its staff and faculty has taken in the past two years to greatly increase student access to after school programs and tutoring sessions.

Terrible school. I too had a bad experience with the receptionist. If the rest of the school staff is as terrible as the principal and receptionist than I would definitely not send my child there. There are plenty of other schools....just don't go to this one.

Last modified White Bluff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.