Bad
Good

My daughter attended this school for first grade three years ago. She had five different teachers in the whole year. There was no permanent teacher when she started and both permanent teachers hired were fired, the rest were long-term substitutes or other school teachers switched out of other positions. There were behavior problems all year long because no one would exercise discipline and the whole year became a babysitting and giving out busy work project until someone else came in. I would never do it again. it was appalling.

This will be my son's first year at Smith; however, registration was quick and efficient. I am confident he will be in good hands.

This school is very focused on high academic performance, citizenship, and parent/community involvement. The staff all seem to enjoy their jobs and their awesome task of helping to educate our children. Love this school!

Our daughter is attending kindergarten at Jacob G. this year, and we are nothing but impressed! Our daughter is making great strides with her sight words and reading!! Her teacher and her assistant are amazing, always willing to go the extra mile to help her and all of the students. They always make themselves available to not only the students but parents alike. We feel very safe sending our daughter here. It is located in a great community in which they involve the students. Keep it up, Lions!

JGSmith has been fantastic.....very warm and inviting community (which is great for the students and parents alike). It is also comforting that not all students are expected to learn at the same level, and those who are ahead can keep progressing. We have loved our first 2 years here and will look forward to the next 4!

I am a former student of Jacob G. Smith. It is an AWESOME school. All the teachers have been very nice. I was only there for 5th Grade but most of the teachers have called me by my name. It sets very high standards,but the teachers help us exceed that standard. I am now at the Stem Academy and I have to say that my teachers' advises and life lessons have been very helpful. They always try to improve this school so it will be the best. The year I was there it felt like the best year I could have possibly have. However, they managed to make it even better.

This little school is a gem. It is a warm and caring environment with clear expectations of the students both in terms of high academic achievement and in character and good citizenship. Every child is greeted by name with a smile when they get off the school bus or walk into the building, and it just seems like a happy place to be. The Latin program is back this year and there are opportunities for students to participate in violin, dance, soccer, drama club, garden club, fitness club and more. We are so, so happy to have our children at JGS!

I am disappointed with the experience we have had at this school. My child has been here since kindergarten. K and 1st grade were wonderful, due to the exceptional teachers, since that time, the changes that have been made have been awful. Teachers are visibly unhappy, and this passes on to the students. The Latin language program has been dropped and the gifted program seems to be on the back burner. Academically there are no challenges and parents are made to feel unwelcome in this school. This school is not what it used to be.

J G Smith sets high academic standards in a firm yet , very loving environment. The test scores are high and my children always looked forward to attending school. They look up to their teachers and talk about the teachers and what they have learned on a daily basis. Although my son still attends, my daughter has since moved on to middle school however, she always wants to visit and say hello to everyone from the teachers to the cafeteria personel. They strive to make the children feel important and instill in them a desire to learn and exceed.

We have the best school because of our principal and our fabulous teachers.

Last modified Jacob G. Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5