Savannah, GA

Jacob G. Smith Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2015
This will be my son's first year at Smith; however, registration was quick and efficient. I am confident he will be in good hands.

Posted May 17, 2015
This school is very focused on high academic performance, citizenship, and parent/community involvement. The staff all seem to enjoy their jobs and their awesome task of helping to educate our children. Love this school!

Posted March 25, 2014
Our daughter is attending kindergarten at Jacob G. this year, and we are nothing but impressed! Our daughter is making great strides with her sight words and reading!! Her teacher and her assistant are amazing, always willing to go the extra mile to help her and all of the students. They always make themselves available to not only the students but parents alike. We feel very safe sending our daughter here. It is located in a great community in which they involve the students. Keep it up, Lions!
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 12, 2014
JGSmith has been fantastic.....very warm and inviting community (which is great for the students and parents alike). It is also comforting that not all students are expected to learn at the same level, and those who are ahead can keep progressing. We have loved our first 2 years here and will look forward to the next 4!

Posted September 15, 2013
I am a former student of Jacob G. Smith. It is an AWESOME school. All the teachers have been very nice. I was only there for 5th Grade but most of the teachers have called me by my name. It sets very high standards,but the teachers help us exceed that standard. I am now at the Stem Academy and I have to say that my teachers' advises and life lessons have been very helpful. They always try to improve this school so it will be the best. The year I was there it felt like the best year I could have possibly have. However, they managed to make it even better.

Posted September 19, 2011
This little school is a gem. It is a warm and caring environment with clear expectations of the students both in terms of high academic achievement and in character and good citizenship. Every child is greeted by name with a smile when they get off the school bus or walk into the building, and it just seems like a happy place to be. The Latin program is back this year and there are opportunities for students to participate in violin, dance, soccer, drama club, garden club, fitness club and more. We are so, so happy to have our children at JGS!

Jacob G. Smith Elementary School 1

Posted April 11, 2010
I am disappointed with the experience we have had at this school. My child has been here since kindergarten. K and 1st grade were wonderful, due to the exceptional teachers, since that time, the changes that have been made have been awful. Teachers are visibly unhappy, and this passes on to the students. The Latin language program has been dropped and the gifted program seems to be on the back burner. Academically there are no challenges and parents are made to feel unwelcome in this school. This school is not what it used to be.

Posted November 04, 2009
J G Smith sets high academic standards in a firm yet , very loving environment. The test scores are high and my children always looked forward to attending school. They look up to their teachers and talk about the teachers and what they have learned on a daily basis. Although my son still attends, my daughter has since moved on to middle school however, she always wants to visit and say hello to everyone from the teachers to the cafeteria personel. They strive to make the children feel important and instill in them a desire to learn and exceed.

Posted September 21, 2009
We have the best school because of our principal and our fabulous teachers.

Jacob G. Smith Elementary School 4

Posted May 14, 2009
I am a former student at Jacob G. Smith and I am in sixth grade now. Pre-k was added the year after I left. My sister still attends the school. The principal left the year I left, so I am not sure how it is run now, but I attended the school since kindergarten. I attend Coastal Middle School now. I loved Jacob G. Smith and I cried when I left. The school doent only set a high standard in acedimics, but also in sportsmanship and life values. This school has the gifted program, safety patrols, beta club, and cheerleading. The school offers many oppurtunities to all ages and I hope you send your children to JGS.

210 Lamara Dr, Savannah, GA  31405
Last modified Jacob G. Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5
Jacob G. Smith Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top