No rating

Pulaski Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted June 5, 2014

I luv my school. It was so fun. 5th grade was the best we went on a overnight trip at the 4H center it was awesome. I will never forget u Pulaski even though I am going to Middle School This year.

Posted April 5, 2014

The school is brand new. The principle is new and has great ideas that have been implemented and has brought the school the highest standard of education. GEP program is excellent. Dr. Simmons, a 4th grade teacher is the best teacher ever. She has helped my children to discover science and math.

Posted April 5, 2014

Excellent school best teachers,is a new building, My children have great success with Dr. Simmons. Overall it is a great public school.

Posted October 2, 2013

I have loved the new Pulaski Elementary since it got moved closer to base. The teachers are awesome (at least the ones my children have had). Ms. Foley, Ms. Busbee, Mrs. Thompson and one of their new additions Mrs. Manning have been super great with my children. Class to teacher ratio for kindergarten was a little off this year but the addition of a few more teachers and the super quick adjustment period for my child was amazing. Thanks so much to these awesome teachers.

Posted February 26, 2013

This was a great elementary school. I went from prek-5. I loved all of my teachers, and all of my peers were friendly. My favorite part was recess. Many people don't know how fun a big field really is. We ran up the dirt hill, tried to climb the tree, and played dodgeball almost every day. The new building doesn't seem as fun, since there is none of what made the old building fun like the outdoorness. It was dangerous but fun and we didn't mind. I will always remember my best friends and cherish the memories.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 29, 2013

My son went here last year. I moved out of their district to avoid this school. He was diagnosed with ADHD and impulsive issues. He also had an IQ score of 130. His teacher felt that she knew better than the psychologist. She would deny everything and rarely documented even though he started the IRT. She would get defensive easily and I caught her lying at meetings. The assistant principal never told the principal of the meetings we had and the issues that were discussed. I met him toward the end of the year, and he apologized for all this. But an apology doesn't help my son, it doesn't undo the scapegoating he had to enduring during the year. His school this year felt that he was a year behind socially, because his Pulaski teacher stuck him in a corner alone for most of the year. Maybe for an average, typical, what society concerns the normal child, this school will be good. But add a bit of difficulty into the equation and the school just can't handle it, or maybe they don't want too...I'm not sure which.

Posted January 16, 2013

My son has autism & ADHD but the school is fighting me that he needs any special education services...we just got more documentation that he needs help from his dr & therapist but still this is not good enough. If you have a special needs child this is NOT the school for you!

Posted March 3, 2011

I think the teachers are actually pretty good! My older daughter has attended k and first grade here and both of her teachers were great! My younger daughter is now in Pre k and her teacher is AMAZING! However, the school is in a questionable part of town, old and very out dated. The problem doesn't lie with the teachers, but with the administration. Someone mentioned that there would be a DoD school opening on base. This is part true. The school will be on base grounds, however it will not be considered a DoD school. They will have students from both on and off base attending. There are some concerns for this, but I do hope it works out well. I would rate the school three stars and the teachers five stars, the teachers that we have had (Ms. Deal, Ms. Kaplan and Ms. Ansley) have been absolutely amazing and would not want any ill rating to reflect their teaching ability. Perhaps the rating will change with the new building? As the classrooms will be more secure.

Posted November 28, 2010

Best Teachers in the State of GA, My son has attened Pulaski from pk-5th . This is the Only school that I have seen that treats Parents and Students like Family.

Posted August 23, 2010

I only have three things to say about this school and three things only.... BAD ... A$$ ... KIDS!!!!!!!!!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 31, 2007

The security is terrible and the facilities are horrible.

Posted November 27, 2007

The school is old, and I don't like that the entrances to the classrooms are accessible to pretty much anyone since they're leading to the outside. The lunchroom is really small so lunch has to start really early for some kids so that everyone can eat. I haven't had any issues with my child having to switch classes, and he was assigned a good teacher. I don't like that my ID isn't checked when I sign out my son. This is our first year here, so my opinion is new. I'm neither really happy nor really disappointed in the school.

Posted September 10, 2007

I dont know what everyelse is talking about I think this school is great. My child has learned so much. Her kindergarden teachers was also switched twice but a month after school started she had a permanent teacher who was awesome! Everytime I walk onto the campus I did not see any out of control kids, I see teachers walking up and down the hallways montioring them. And kids need discipline thats why so many out outta control in there teens, they need that, parents should not be the only ones to discipine and teach them right from wrong!

Posted September 7, 2007

Teachers seem to be easily irritated w/ the kids, and quick to discipline. I don't like the no talking in the lunchroom rule. Very little parent involvement. Not in a great area. Old school w/ all classrooms having outdoor entrances. Anyone can enter the campus, although you are supposed to sign in. Kindergarten teacher was great. Got my child caught up. The next year, my child had 3 different teachers, due to 'over crowded classrooms, and test scores'. I think they could have chosen another child instead of moving mine that many times. No playground equipment for the older children, just a big field. However, Office staff, and lunch ladies are very friendly.

Posted September 6, 2007

i am not to thril with the school. the students are out of control and the school is not a very safe area. my son is scared to go to school daily because of the way the kids act and how unruly they are.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

93 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

94 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

94 students were tested at this school in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

100 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

101 students were tested at this school in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

101 students were tested at this school in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

• Kamal Piankhi
Fax number
  • (912) 303-6473

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5330 Montgomery St