Bad
Good

This school is the worst school I have ever seen. They treated my son like trash. They did not care when he was sick laying on the ground, even though he has life threatening conditions. Do not let your child go to this school.

I had originally rated this school a 4 last year (my son's first year was simple amazing). Sadly, our luck did not continue. His teacher is okay, but does not communicate well. On different occasions I had left messages for the principal (regarding different things), she never once called me back, nor answered my emails. Though the situations were addressed, as far as I can tell. It is really the lack of communication with the principal this year that has made me decide to transfer my son to another school next year. If I can't communicate my concerns to the principal, how can I trust what is going on? The school does continue to make sure we know about all their fundraisers, but very little information on anything else.

As a former student, I was excited for my son to be able to attend this school and I have to say that the same wonderful learning atmosphere that I remember was still there. I was blessed to have an amazing kindergarten experience with my son. He began very apprehensive and standoffish and truly blossomed. I always walked my son to his class and have to say that this school really is about its community. Teachers were friendly- they remembered you and always asked about each other. And I love the principle. Dr. McManus really cares about her school and most of all her students. In love with this school and wish that we could have remained here, which we would have had we not moved out of state.

My son attended WFES for his kindergarten year and my feelings about it are mixed. His teachers were warm and supportive and his learning throughout the year reflected this. However next year we will be applying for other schools in the district. The administration is run as though it was a dictatorship instead of a learning community. I feel that the school places more importance on policy than meeting the needs of the students and families. If it wasn't for this, I would have loved for my son to continue at this school.

We moved our daughter to Windsor a couple of years ago because of special reading and math needs. She has soared in confidence and ability. The communication with her teachers is daily (if necessary). It is a hidden treasure in the community.

I think Windsor Elementary is great! They have wonderful teachers who care. This school provides the nurturing and attention any parent would love for their child to receive.

Last modified Windsor Forest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.