Windsor Forest Elementary School 2

Posted April 27, 2014
I had originally rated this school a 4 last year (my son's first year was simple amazing). Sadly, our luck did not continue. His teacher is okay, but does not communicate well. On different occasions I had left messages for the principal (regarding different things), she never once called me back, nor answered my emails. Though the situations were addressed, as far as I can tell. It is really the lack of communication with the principal this year that has made me decide to transfer my son to another school next year. If I can't communicate my concerns to the principal, how can I trust what is going on? The school does continue to make sure we know about all their fundraisers, but very little information on anything else.

Posted August 01, 2013
As a former student, I was excited for my son to be able to attend this school and I have to say that the same wonderful learning atmosphere that I remember was still there. I was blessed to have an amazing kindergarten experience with my son. He began very apprehensive and standoffish and truly blossomed. I always walked my son to his class and have to say that this school really is about its community. Teachers were friendly- they remembered you and always asked about each other. And I love the principle. Dr. McManus really cares about her school and most of all her students. In love with this school and wish that we could have remained here, which we would have had we not moved out of state.

Windsor Forest Elementary School 3

Posted March 20, 2010
My son attended WFES for his kindergarten year and my feelings about it are mixed. His teachers were warm and supportive and his learning throughout the year reflected this. However next year we will be applying for other schools in the district. The administration is run as though it was a dictatorship instead of a learning community. I feel that the school places more importance on policy than meeting the needs of the students and families. If it wasn't for this, I would have loved for my son to continue at this school.

Posted February 04, 2009

Posted September 17, 2008
We moved our daughter to Windsor a couple of years ago because of special reading and math needs. She has soared in confidence and ability. The communication with her teachers is daily (if necessary). It is a hidden treasure in the community.

Posted May 23, 2007
I think Windsor Elementary is great! They have wonderful teachers who care. This school provides the nurturing and attention any parent would love for their child to receive.

Windsor Forest Elementary School 3

Posted November 18, 2003
Currently my 8 y/o dsuaghter attends Windsor Elementary and she is not recieving the attention she needs because there are too many children and not enough teachers. I strongly believe if there were more teachers available the current teachers would not be so stressed out and maybe they would be more inclined to try to work with a child who is having difficulties,whether it is with reading or more social issues such as confidence. My daughter,I have personally seen her do the work required but because she is too afraid to ask a question she often turns in assignment that are completely wrong and her grades suffer utlimately.

Windsor Forest Elementary School
414 Briarcliff Cir, Savannah, GA  31419
Last modified Windsor Forest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windsor Forest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top