Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Hesse is an EXCELLENT school! My two daughters have attended Hesse for the past two years. Previously, they attended another school in Chatham county, and it was beyond disappointing! We did our research to find the best school, and decided to buy a home in the Hesse district, the best decision we made. My girls have accelerated EXTREMELY while attending Hesse, and have made so many friends there as well. The entire staff is the BEST in Savannah. My family can't thank the Hesse staff enough for what you do for our children, THANK YOU HESSE!

Hesse K8 can be known as the epitome of academic excellence! I have taught in this school for 26 years. Without exception, Hesse students are prepared for the next school in which they attend. Whether the student leaves from promotion or from a move, he or she will flourish in any new situation due to the exemplary faculty and staff who work at Hesse. Dr. Larry Butler leads the way in setting high expectation and celebrating success throughout the school for all who are privileged enough to find themselves part of the "Hesse Family."

My children have been at Hesse for the past six years. I have found the administration, faculty and staff to be among the best we have experienced. I am thankful that we attend one of the top ranked and most well-run schools in the County. Mr. Butler & the other administrators are fair and work hard to meet the needs of the children and very often meet the wants and requests of parents. With having a school of over 1,000 kids, I know it is impossible for Mr. Butler and his team to meet all requests and wants of the parents, but I know that they work very hard to listen to the requests and do what's best for the children and families they serve. I am thankful for the leadership and instruction my children receive and know that they are being well prepared higher education. Thank you Mr. Butler and the Hesse staff!

Hesse is a terrific school with an awesome faculty/staff. My children have experienced tremendous success since being enrolled. My family is very happy with how the school functions.

Hesse elementary school in savannah ,ga they have great teachers, but the principal is not a very good leader. He shows favoritism he is always talking about being over crowded yet he lets his friends send their children not in the attendance zone all the way from the other side of town to attend. He is only concerned about statistic and test score if your child is average or above you are in luck, if you are below average and Hispanic the first thing he does is send your child off to Windsor forest elementary. This school has an ESOL program for foreign children to learn English. My children know English they were just struggling with reading comprehension, no one ever told me they were doing bad until the situation got so serious my children were failing. I signed them up for tutorial all they needed was some more attention in the reading part but this was enough to send them away. Not to mention the fact that this principal took my child out of the class room to question her regarding where we lived, after he was told where we lived. Also saying why are the children late "it looks bad for the school" he has NO right questioning a child disrupting their learning.

My daughter has attended Hesse for the past 2 years. The teachers we have had have been great, the administration is so so. My daughter is advanced but doesn't like the gifted program because she is pulled from class. Her teacher's have done their best to helo her stay ahead but I'm not sure how much longer it is going to work. If I could afford it she would be in private school.

Hesse Elementary school in Savannah, GA has really great teachers but is lacking in administrative leadership.

My boys attend Hesse, and I have been very happy with the school. The teachers are great - they challenge the students, but they are nurturing, as well. They keep parents informed and are constantly available. The PTA and Booster Club is active and supports the teachers. I would love to see a school-wide Field Day at the end of the year to blow off some steam after the CRCT - that is my only suggestion for improvement!

Hesse is beyond disappointing. The principal is not a leader and most of the the teachers only do the minimum. It was a major mistake sending my children to Hesse.

I absolutely love Hesse School. My kids have been to many schools and Hesse has been the best! My kids have their issues and the teachers and principal are very helpful and caring!

Last modified Hesse School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.