Savannah, GA

Posted May 24, 2014
My children have been at Hesse for the past six years. I have found the administration, faculty and staff to be among the best we have experienced. I am thankful that we attend one of the top ranked and most well-run schools in the County. Mr. Butler & the other administrators are fair and work hard to meet the needs of the children and very often meet the wants and requests of parents. With having a school of over 1,000 kids, I know it is impossible for Mr. Butler and his team to meet all requests and wants of the parents, but I know that they work very hard to listen to the requests and do what's best for the children and families they serve. I am thankful for the leadership and instruction my children receive and know that they are being well prepared higher education. Thank you Mr. Butler and the Hesse staff!

Posted December 11, 2013
Hesse is a terrific school with an awesome faculty/staff. My children have experienced tremendous success since being enrolled. My family is very happy with how the school functions.

Posted October 30, 2013
Hesse elementary school in savannah ,ga they have great teachers, but the principal is not a very good leader. He shows favoritism he is always talking about being over crowded yet he lets his friends send their children not in the attendance zone all the way from the other side of town to attend. He is only concerned about statistic and test score if your child is average or above you are in luck, if you are below average and Hispanic the first thing he does is send your child off to Windsor forest elementary. This school has an ESOL program for foreign children to learn English. My children know English they were just struggling with reading comprehension, no one ever told me they were doing bad until the situation got so serious my children were failing. I signed them up for tutorial all they needed was some more attention in the reading part but this was enough to send them away. Not to mention the fact that this principal took my child out of the class room to question her regarding where we lived, after he was told where we lived. Also saying why are the children late "it looks bad for the school" he has NO right questioning a child disrupting their learning.

Hesse School 4

Posted July 08, 2013
My daughter has attended Hesse for the past 2 years. The teachers we have had have been great, the administration is so so. My daughter is advanced but doesn't like the gifted program because she is pulled from class. Her teacher's have done their best to helo her stay ahead but I'm not sure how much longer it is going to work. If I could afford it she would be in private school.

Hesse School 2

Posted May 26, 2013
Hesse Elementary school in Savannah, GA has really great teachers but is lacking in administrative leadership.

Hesse School 4

Posted May 14, 2013
My boys attend Hesse, and I have been very happy with the school. The teachers are great - they challenge the students, but they are nurturing, as well. They keep parents informed and are constantly available. The PTA and Booster Club is active and supports the teachers. I would love to see a school-wide Field Day at the end of the year to blow off some steam after the CRCT - that is my only suggestion for improvement!

Posted October 31, 2012
Hesse is beyond disappointing. The principal is not a leader and most of the the teachers only do the minimum. It was a major mistake sending my children to Hesse.

Posted June 28, 2012
I absolutely love Hesse School. My kids have been to many schools and Hesse has been the best! My kids have their issues and the teachers and principal are very helpful and caring!

Posted March 24, 2012
I use to love hesse before my chiildren came home and told me the principal was prejudice. sending all the other kids to barlette for shoes lance not tied. But want do anything to his son for hitting other kids and talking back to teachers while children are trying to learn. Telling parents the school is over crowd but let his friend 3 kids from private school in telling them they are not over crowd. Wow can't wait for my child to move on to high school.

Hesse School 2

Posted February 21, 2011
We moved back to Savannah and moved to Hesse district for this school. We heard it had a great reputation. From the start it was a disaster. My child hated school. What a mistake. Need less to say we have change schools. The administration is horrible and unavailable. I wouldn't leave my children in the care of this school. I assume at some point it had a great leader but not now.

Hesse School
9116 Whitefield Ave, Savannah, GA  31406
Last modified Hesse School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hesse School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top