Bad
Good

The best faculty & staff in the system. My 4 grandchildren are experiencing a challenging yet exciting learning environment and a broad set of extracurricular activities. The new facility is the best in the county.

We love this school! My son graduated 8th grade last year and I have another son In 8th grade this year. The staff is wonderful, caring, and professional. My children have received a quality education from teachers who love and care for them. Even discipline is handled with professional appropriate consequences. I really can not say enough about the school, staff and students!

It's OK as far as the seventy h grade keeps getting new teacher I am also afraid that my child may not pass the CRCT this year

My child has been at this school since the 1st grade and this is his final year. 8th grade. Through 7 years I have only had problems with 2 teachers and I went to the principle and she took care of the problems. Mrs. Ganam is great. If you have any problems just take them to her and she will address them. I am sad that my son will be leaving....

This is a great public school. The teachers are wonderful (we have had three different ones thusfar). They were approachable, concerned and dilligent. class size is of great importance to the leadership and the principal, Mrs. Julie Gannam, makes t a point to know each and every child's name. Your kids are not numbers here, they are children who get a lot of love from the staff. As a parent, you may request specific teachers for your kids. One beef- people are so convinced that all public schools in Chatham County stink that they refuse to send their kids to public school. Therefore, this neighborhood school does not quite "look" like the neighborhood. parent involvement, though improving, is poor. Mrs. Robinson was great for Kindergarten; Mrs. Riddell was wonderful for 1st grade and Mrs. Ritchter was great for my second grader.

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a great 2nd grade teacher at this school. My daughter had Mrs. McDonald in PreK and we were happy with how involved and excited she was and is about her profession. When my daughter entered Kindergarten I was a little taken back by how reserved and distant the teacher was. She just didn't seem to want to be there and my daughter actually feared her but she loved the parapro who was kind and would offer a hug and a smile when you saw her. First grade was a nightmare. The class was run like a boot camp. My daughter IS chatty, but the reprecussions imposed on her were ridiculous (such as watching everyone else in the class eat cupcakes, including the teacher, while she was excluded). I know I seem like a parent that thinks their child can do no wrong but that isn't the case, there were several disturbing incidences that I don't have room to type. I feel my daughter would thrive in a class where the teacher demonstrates WARMTH and a genuine love for the profession that she has chosen. Please if anyone has encountered a loving 2nd grade teacher, please give me her name. Thanks!

All I can say is, 'Wow!' This is our first year at IOH, and I can't even describe how amazing everything is. The principal is so involved with the students/activites, the discipline program encourages students to do their best, and the teachers and staff are the best in Savannah. My daughter has Mrs. Wright in first grade, and she is FABULOUS. I couldn't be any more pleased.

My son has been at Isle of Hope for 4 years and every year has continued to get worse and worse. His 1st year was devistating to me. His teacher would constantly say how bad he was and that he wouldn't sit still. She even asked us if we ever considered spanking as a discipline. His next teacher was much better though. She was very loving and patient with him. Then the 3rd teacher was a nightmare. His teacher insisted that he had ADHD and made us feel horable about his behavior. The pressure she put on us ALMOST made us put him on medication. Then we had him moved from her class and he did much better. This is his 4th year and this teacher doesn't seem like a good fit either. I don't recommend this school to anyone. We are trying to move from the area.

Love the people and my sons teacher is the best.....

I had all three of my children attend Isle of Hope Elementary (one is still there) and couldn't be happier. The teachers used a lot of strategies to help my students understand the material. When I go to the school, I always feel a sense of community amongst the staff. This is one of those rare neighborhood schools that I would recommend to anyone. They got a new principal this year and she is wonderful!

Last modified Isle Of Hope School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.