Posted October 08, 2014
I have had kids at Marshpoint for 5 years now and pulled them from a private school to attend Marshpoint when it became my neighborhood school. I think this school is excellent. The teachers are great, the parent involvement is high and the principal and assistant principal are very involved in the daily operations and seem to know all the kids. The only negative issue I see is all the kids with bad behaviors being brought in from other districts b/c they have special needs and are brought in for the inclusion program. I think inclusion is a wonderful program but Marshpoint is receiving way too many special needs children and needs more resources for these kids.

Posted June 25, 2014
My grandchild had a bad experience at this school. He was bullied and the teachers were not nice.. He did not seem to be learning much either. HIs parents were surprised at this since they heard so many wonderful things about this school. After two years of not learning much and being bullied, they put him in a private school. His reading and math scores are much better now. He is much happier.

Posted May 07, 2014
Marshpoint has made huge improvements in my daughters reading level and math scores. The teachers there really care and want her to succeed! It is a large school and because of that they take safety very seriously! They have a doorbell and camera to see who you are before letting "just anyone" in the building. That was strange to me at first but now I like the added safety. At Marshpoint the kids are family!

Posted April 03, 2014
I have three children who have attended this school. I am so impressed with the committment and dedication of the classroom teachers. They were like another parent to my children. My child that needed extra help got it and more. My child that needs to be challenged has been challenged. My children love this school. Everyone should be lucky enough to attend a school like this!

Posted February 26, 2014
This school has the rudest group of teachers. My son has been picked on an made fun of. The whole year in a half he has been there. As far as education he has gotten behind since he has been there. He went from a A student to a C student. . Moving here for a better education for our son was a big mistake.

Marshpoint Elementary School 4

Posted November 09, 2013
This is my son's second year at Marshpoint and I am extremely happy with this school. His teacher is amazing and genuinely cares about his needs and want to see him succeed.

Marshpoint Elementary School 2

Posted October 02, 2013
I was excited when my child was accepted into the IB program at Marshpoint. Two weeks in, I was even more excited when a spot opened up at another school. New teachers and administration could possibly breathe new life into the school, but I would not recommend to anyone as it is now. Teacher seemed unwillingly to work with a child that needed extra direction-- it was easier to doom him to repeat. There was simply an inability to handle situations outside of the box. Issues that were brought to the attention of the school were not handled properly either. When I went in to transfer, top level administration was rude and unwilling to help. I had heard so many great things about this school, from people that attended 5+ years ago. It does not appear to be what it once was. It is a better option than most of the public schools here-- but it's at the bottom of the specialty schools.

Posted February 06, 2013
We heard so many wonderful things about this school and we were very let down. The school itself is old and needs updating. Never felt like we were welcomed to go into the school or help with PTA. Teachers yelling in the hall made us feel like they were not happy either. Very odd situation. We moved and put our child in another school which has a much better teaching staff. Would not suggest sending a child here.

Posted March 15, 2012
If I could give them zero stars I would. This school is prejudice, there is no way around it. I hate the way we are treated and talked to. They say inappropriate things to my daughterand her teacher assigns children to rub her back. When I went to the principle about my many concerns she stood up for the teacher and said it must be a miscommunication, and she such a good teacher, and she said it's not true. Always an excuse. Please listen to me when I say DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN THERE! If I knew what I know now I wouldn't have even moved here. This school has made our experience here on Whitemarsh Island terrible.

Posted March 07, 2011
It has been 10 years since I went to Marshpoint, but I can say this: Marshpoint was the ONLY school besides the college I'm in now that I excelled in. I know more than half of the teachers I had back then are not there anymore, but I'm sure the current teachers there now are just as good. I miss Marshpoint and I treasure every memory I had there. You're not just a student there, you're a person. I would recommend this school to ANYONE!

Marshpoint Elementary School
135 Whitemarsh Island Rd, Savannah, GA  31410
Last modified Marshpoint Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marshpoint Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top