Posted May 05, 2014
St. Andrew's was selected as the most challenging private school in the nation by The Washington Post.

Posted April 30, 2014
My son is a new 9th grade student at St. Andrew's this year and we have been EXTREMELY happy with the school. My son is an excellent student interested in studying medicine so when we moved to Savannah we were foolish and only looked at what was considered the "best" private school here. It was such a disappointment for numerous reasons (I'll save that for another review) that we moved our son to St. Andrew's after the first month of the school year and have never regretted it. My son was immediately welcomed into the St. Andrew's community by peers and by the faculty, and has enjoyed school ever since. My husband and I were impressed with how the school immediately assessed my son's abilities and worked with us to design the perfect curriculum for him that looked not only into freshman year classes but to where he would want to be academically for his senior year. The teachers made themselves available to help him catch up to the other students and have continued to be available both before and after school. I love that St. Andrew's has an amazing curriculum and is also flexible to meet a student's particular interests, it also has excellent college counseling.

Posted December 01, 2013
In 5th grade, my principal asked me to leave Blessed Sacrament school, as they did not offer a curriculum that was advanced enough to suit my need. Thus, I became enrolled at St. Andrew's and shocked by the new independence granted from thy teachers. The school is unique for the opportunity each student is granted, the opportunity to mold their own educational experience. The school, particularly the extracurriculars, are a product of student demand and initiative. I personally have taken advantage of the freedom, as I formed the first girls cross country team at the school. In doing so I developed my discipline and work ethic so that my idea of a team would become a reality. In its first year, the team consisted of only two members, yet the program has flourished, this year's team finishing as the Runner Up in the GISA State Meet. This single success is indicative of the community as a whole, in which students are given the ability to shape their experience. This privilege is not ignored, but rather flexed by the entirety of the student body, resulting in a passionate, and therefore successful, collection of young adults.

Posted November 07, 2013
St. Andrew''s consists of a family aspect and challenging academics. The past few years we have integrated technology into the classroom and this is one of the best decisions St. Andrew''s has ever made. It is important for education to move along with the outside world and 21st teaching/technology. That is exactly what SAS has done and I think it has benefitted everyone in a positive way. St. Andrew''s also uses IB (international baccalaureate) instead of AP. It provides a more challenge to the students, which is what I really look for. We are a small school, which is very beneficial in the classroom. You get one on one time with the teacher, so what appears to be very difficult concepts become a little easier because of the amount of help and extra time we get with the teachers. St. Andrew''s not only has great academics, but we do have a great sports program. We have a no cut policy so anyone and everyone can play any sport they would like. I really like this because it gives each student an opportunity to try something they might not get to at another school. At St. Andrew''s, you tend to eventually know everyone and it brings us a lot closer, which I love about my school.

Posted November 04, 2013
St. Andrew''s school is absolutely DEDICATED to an individualized student approach by embracing its small-school, island identity. The faculty, staff, and students also engage in activities geared toward global competencies through 21st century teaching and learning and integrated technology. Committed to sustainable practices, the school is an Apple Distinguished institution with iPads and MacBook Airs for all students in grades 5-12 reducing textbook load and paper consumption. Knowledge is built upon skills--collaboration, communication, creativity, critical-thinking and problem-solving, and character. The curriculum focuses on preparing students for a dynamic future rather than static content and as an International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, students ask the "why" behind information, routinely get accepted to the highest tier of colleges and universities, and engage as members of a global community. The IB program is HIGHER level and open access. Unlike other local public schools with IB, all students are able to enroll in the IB and the school emphasizes the highest rigor level of the program, rather than the lowest.

Posted November 04, 2013
St Andrew's is a place that we and our children are proud to call our own every day. Involved staff, faculty and parents make it a destination for families all over Savannah, GA.

Posted April 17, 2013
This school was great, they took me in after Country Day asked me to leave due to my academics (5th grade). I attended Saint Andrews until i graduated in 2010. I was accepted to a university with an awesome SEC football team. Without Saint Andrews i would have been forced into Chatham County's excuse for public school and likely would not have made it to college.

Posted August 22, 2012
This is the very best school in Savannah! My son has been there for four years and each year we have been so very happy with everything! loving, kind, thoughtful teaching. Nothing else to say!!!

Posted March 03, 2012
Simply an inclusive, happy, well thought out slice of paradise to send our children to for a great education. Our 2 lower school children are happy every day to go to Saint Andrews and we are thrilled with their commitment to both a 21st century education and the development of a well rounded person. Looking past the fact that every student gets an IPAD the real benefit to this school is the small community like atmosphere. Familiar and smiling faces abound, children are well cared for, and with the small class sizes our children get the attention they need to succeed. When we moved to Savannah we looked at all the local schools and ended up moving again to Wilmington Island to be near Saint Andrews. If you are looking for a great school in Savannah you would be doing your children a disservice to overlook this school.

Posted December 22, 2010
Parents are very involved. The school offers so much to the students with very attentive staff and administrators.

St. Andrew's School