Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I had great teacher experiences but don't agree with the Teachers Assistant policies they have in place

Develops character: Neutral

Most of the children have been there since they started school so they have no idea of what an appropriate learning environment looks like

I had heard both good and bad things about the school but knowing the curriculum I sent my three children to this school. I have a child who has a learning disability and did not do well at our zoned school so felt that she would do great there. While she absolutely loves her teachers and the environment allows her to work at her own pace my other child did not have the same experience. I met with the Director/Principal with my concerns about how things were being handled in the classroom. My child started acting out aggressively when she had not been an agressive child. After that meeting nothing was done until each and every week I would receive a phone call from a teachers assistant I feel is not qualified enough to be in a classroom environment. I requested another meeting with the principal and after my child was suspended only hen did she seem interested in trying to find a solution to our problem. This school is not a great environment for children who are use to some form of structure. I decided to homeschool after this experience and let me tell you I found it interesting that this is yet one more of this districts most terrible schools!! I would never recommend this school to any other family.

This is a wonderful learning environment that instills self-reliance in all students. The teachers are dedicated and meet each student on their level to ensure they all succeed. I highly recommend CEMCS. My kids have been students there for 5 years, and I wouldn't send them anywhere else.

By far the best school in the Savannah Area. The teaching staff is fantastic, the administration is supportive, and the education my child is getting is wonderful. My child is developing into an independent thinker who can problem solve on his own, instead of a cookie cutter student as many of the other schools produce. My only complaint is that my child cannot attend this school through 12 grade!

My son started attending CEMCS on 8/12/13 and I already see major changes in his behavior. He is becoming much more independent and curious about the world around him. We actually went to Dollar Tree yesterday to purchase his own little broom and dust pan so that he may clean up after himself. I am very impressed how the staff keeps the parents updated about the events at the school with emails, social media, and information sent home by my child. I would recommed this school to anyone who likes the Montessori teaching style.

My daughter entered CEMCS in October 2011, after going to a reputable private school for kindergarten and then being taught at home for 1st-2nd grade. I am a certified, traditionally-trained teacher in GA and was hesitant about the Montessori method working for her. However, we have been pleasantly surprised at the results. She is more independent and polite, and values hard work more than before. This is much different from the girl that I taught at home. The only complaint I"ve had is the disorganization of some of the PTO- sponsored functions, which is separate from the functioning of the school itself. All teachers that I've met are friendly, positive and really seem to care about their students. The principal is fantastic - upbeat, professional, and capable of the burden of running a good school, a vast difference from the previous administrator, from what I've heard. I love it.

While my son is really young, 3 years old, I can tell that he benefits from this school for a variety of reasons and that he is really happy there. For the first three months, he almost raced out of the door to go to school; now he is still happy but not so happy about waking up in the morning because the sun is not fully shining (winter). He is in the PK3 program and has learned social courtesies, his ABC sounds, fine motor skills such as dressing himself, and is overall more confident about his everyday activities. I come from a very traditional schooling and have high standards for my child which I feel are met by this school in the early years program (my child is too young for me to judge the later years of schooling, which I, nonetheless, have seen and heard great things about).

This is my daughter's second year at this school and we could not be happier. The academic progress she has made is amazing, but also amazing is the personal transformation she has made. She is more confident and responsible even at home. I really love this program.

HORRIBLE experiance! After two days I pulled my child out of their pre-K program. The couldn't handle my child, but the school he was in previously (he had a speech delay and was in a special program at school where we lived at the time) they said he was an amazing child and his teachers and other students loved him. The do not want to teach children, they want perfectly behaved robots. I have heard that other teachers are amazing and maybe it was just a bad experiance but if you risk putting a child with any spirit in this school hope you don't get the one that my child had. Horrible, horrible experience!!!!! I would like to say that the principal was helpful and involved and I have no complaints about her at all.

Last modified Coastal Empire Montessori Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.