Public charter
Savannah, GA

Posted August 12, 2014
By far the best school in the Savannah Area. The teaching staff is fantastic, the administration is supportive, and the education my child is getting is wonderful. My child is developing into an independent thinker who can problem solve on his own, instead of a cookie cutter student as many of the other schools produce. My only complaint is that my child cannot attend this school through 12 grade!

Posted August 23, 2013
My son started attending CEMCS on 8/12/13 and I already see major changes in his behavior. He is becoming much more independent and curious about the world around him. We actually went to Dollar Tree yesterday to purchase his own little broom and dust pan so that he may clean up after himself. I am very impressed how the staff keeps the parents updated about the events at the school with emails, social media, and information sent home by my child. I would recommed this school to anyone who likes the Montessori teaching style.

Coastal Empire Montessori Charter School 4

Posted March 18, 2012
My daughter entered CEMCS in October 2011, after going to a reputable private school for kindergarten and then being taught at home for 1st-2nd grade. I am a certified, traditionally-trained teacher in GA and was hesitant about the Montessori method working for her. However, we have been pleasantly surprised at the results. She is more independent and polite, and values hard work more than before. This is much different from the girl that I taught at home. The only complaint I"ve had is the disorganization of some of the PTO- sponsored functions, which is separate from the functioning of the school itself. All teachers that I've met are friendly, positive and really seem to care about their students. The principal is fantastic - upbeat, professional, and capable of the burden of running a good school, a vast difference from the previous administrator, from what I've heard. I love it.

Posted February 10, 2012
While my son is really young, 3 years old, I can tell that he benefits from this school for a variety of reasons and that he is really happy there. For the first three months, he almost raced out of the door to go to school; now he is still happy but not so happy about waking up in the morning because the sun is not fully shining (winter). He is in the PK3 program and has learned social courtesies, his ABC sounds, fine motor skills such as dressing himself, and is overall more confident about his everyday activities. I come from a very traditional schooling and have high standards for my child which I feel are met by this school in the early years program (my child is too young for me to judge the later years of schooling, which I, nonetheless, have seen and heard great things about).

Posted February 09, 2012
This is my daughter's second year at this school and we could not be happier. The academic progress she has made is amazing, but also amazing is the personal transformation she has made. She is more confident and responsible even at home. I really love this program.

Coastal Empire Montessori Charter School 1

Posted January 27, 2012
HORRIBLE experiance! After two days I pulled my child out of their pre-K program. The couldn't handle my child, but the school he was in previously (he had a speech delay and was in a special program at school where we lived at the time) they said he was an amazing child and his teachers and other students loved him. The do not want to teach children, they want perfectly behaved robots. I have heard that other teachers are amazing and maybe it was just a bad experiance but if you risk putting a child with any spirit in this school hope you don't get the one that my child had. Horrible, horrible experience!!!!! I would like to say that the principal was helpful and involved and I have no complaints about her at all.

Posted July 13, 2011
My daughter has attended CEMCS for three years. The community of parents , teachers and faculty are superior examples of nurturing the education of every child. If you want an alternative to traditional school and are worried about the public schools in your district this is absolutely the best choice.

Posted July 12, 2011
This was my child's first year at CEMCS and she loved it. The environment is perfect for inquisitive children who are independent learners. The staff is caring and the parents work together to create a community/family.

Posted July 12, 2011
My son has been coming to this school since he was three and is well on his way of being a citizen of the world. He is going to first grade next year and is learning about things I learned in Middle school. His teachers really care about him and they teach him to really care about others. There is a high rate of parent involvement which really helps with the basic needs of the students that also gives a smaller teacher to student ratio because of all the volunteering that goes on. There is a sense of community and because of the Montessori Method of keeping the students three years with the same teacher and students they really get to know the personality of the students and the students of each other. I highly reccommend this school if for the simple fact that I had a check list of everything I wanted out of a school and was amazed that I'd gotten it all.

Coastal Empire Montessori Charter School 4

Posted July 11, 2011
The teachers at this school are amazing! All the head teachers are Montessori trained. Education here is for the whole child. This school has done much with very little in its first three years. Excellent learning environment.

Coastal Empire Montessori Charter School
301 Burkhalter Rd, Savannah, GA  31405
(912) 238-1973
Last modified Coastal Empire Montessori Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coastal Empire Montessori Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top