Posted June 11, 2014
This is a wonderful school. It isnt very large as where some schools have thousands of kids that get lost in the mix. This was our first year at CMS and I was very pleased! My child never complained about problems at school or the teachers! Again, great neighborhood school!!

Posted May 09, 2014
Several years ago I did not send my oldest child to this school and sent her to a private middle school that I now regret it. I thought we would give this school a try with my youngest and we've been very pleased. My son has made good grades, is happy with the band program, and is satisfied with his teachers. We have not had any problems here. My son is on the honor roll and involved in many activities here. My only complaint is that the milk is always sour.

Coastal Middle School 1

Posted December 13, 2013
I have had 2 children attend this school my first child would come home with stories about the class rooms being totaly out of control. And i find out this to be true so i took her out and put her in a privite school. 4 years latter my son is ready for middle school and we decided to give coastal another shot. My son had attention problems so we knew it may be a bumpy road. By week 3 i knew we made a mistake. We requested a meeting because his grades where getting so bad. They said they could only set up a apointment at 11am. Since we both work this was a horrible time but we did attend the meeting where for 10 mins we saw the teachers yelling at children. I have had problems with many teachers there and the principal dosent seem to care. We are now looking for another school for our son . And seeing there are not any good choices for middle school in savannah our only choices is hope he gets into a charter school or pay for a privite school.

Posted October 08, 2013
I wasn't impressed at the beginning, but starting to like this school more after seeing my son's academic performance, and confidence in his study. He has great friends, and loves his school, and importantly he takes his study seriously. Good job coastal middle, and it's teachers, and staff.

Posted August 26, 2013
Coastal Middle School does an amazing job with students with disabilities. My nephew attends CMS and has grown both academically and socially. He has become much more independent and I attribute it to the high expectations that his teachers have for him. The teachers are always just an email or a phone call away. Thank you Coastal Middle School!

Posted August 06, 2013
I am an involved parent at this school and absolutely appreciate the eagerness of the teachers, staff, & administration to keep parents "in the know". Parent involvement is slowly improving and the quality of teachers is one to be valued. I have a son who moved up to the local high school and my younger son now beginning Coastal this year. We moved here from out of the area to specifically attend these schools (Marshpoint, Coastal, Islands) and are very happy. Each school does have its individual problems, but what I appreciate is that they are willing to work through them.

Posted August 05, 2013
I's tough to evaluate a middle school because one of their primary goals is to get the child to become more independent and ready for High School. For some of us, that may mean that we are not included in every email and every conversation and we feel left out. Overall Coastal has provided my children with a great education and has appropriately prepared them for High School. I recommend this school to all other parents with children in middle school. They have a great academic program, sports program and have developed an organizational structure that supports excellence. The principal is knowledgeable and caring and knows the school and te system inside and out........

Coastal Middle School 2

Posted May 31, 2013
Barely average.The principal and the school district as well would have the public believing that this was a wonderful and nurturing school that feels like a real community. The reality is that there are many teachers who refuse to teach, artificially boost their students grades, bully and harass students, and refuse to communicate with parents. There are many disciplinary problems with students that are never reported through the proper channels because it would cast a negative light on Coastal Middle School. Both the district and the administrative staff at the school are fully aware of these continuing behavioral issues with both teachers and students and yet, they refuse to address these concerns. All in all, Coastal Middle School has been a huge disappointment. I have more than one child attend over the past several years and they have each been academically successful largely due to the fact that my husband and I are very involved. This is the first time I would tell a parent to look at every other option for their student. Underwhelming at best.

Coastal Middle School 2

Posted September 18, 2012
My son started school here this year, so far it has been more than three weeks, but haven't received clear information about academic, and after school programs yet. Office employees always seem to be rather cold, and ignorant than helpful and friendly. So not impressed. Im looking for other options for my child.

Coastal Middle School
4595 US Highway 80 E, Savannah, GA  31410
Last modified Coastal Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coastal Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top