Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My daughters have not had this issue and do not see this so I would say yes. I am sure it might have some, it is middle school but I have not doubt that if a teacher was told that it would be addressed.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They offer classes for students with differences.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

They seem to have a great administration. Fortunately I do not have to deal with them in a negative way since my children stay out of trouble. However, there are issues like any school from time to time but my daughters seem to feel they are dealt with accordingly.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school has a character ed/advisement program daily. I am a firm believer that it starts in the home. They discuss a new character word every week. Unfortunately some students do not get this message from home. Those are students who seem to lack these traits.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Overall we have had teachers that will make learning fun while instilling the material. My children are always prepared for any test that is put in front of them, even the standardized tests.

Amount of homework: Agree

Most of the time is is not overwhelming. It has it days however it seems to be valid homework and not just busy work.

I currently have two children in Lee. We have been very pleased. Overall the teachers have been great. They have challenged my children and prepared them for later years. Sure they have moments of not liking school, it is work that you are expected to do and it is not always fun everyday. There are days I do not care for my job, however that is life. Overall, I have been pleased and my children have as well with Lee.

My daughter had a great experience during her years at Lee...under Dr. Heberline. Then Beenett got there and changed a lot (not for the better). Thankfully, she was only there a year or so with her in charge. Unfortunately, my son is in 6th now and it has been an awful year. We have had a bad egg of a teacher and when I couldn't get things worked out with her, I went to Bennett and she flat out refused to help. I have never felt so helpless. And never have I held so much disdain for Lee.

Okay I was a student at lee and I absolutely hated the school. Its was all about sports and if we won last nights game. Some teachers just didn't care and staff members were rude. They of were a lot bullying and teasing. Fights every month in school and on the buses. If you are a student and you are about to attend Lee middle school please don't hang out with the wrong crowd. Its all about who out hang out with.

Poor communication between teachers and staff. Tolerant of bullies and good ole boy system. School claims to be excellent but is giving out awards for showing up. Both of my children were not challanged, they were not given academic supports when needed. I felt shuffled around when I had a question and teachers do not respond. All activities are centered around students who excel in sports. Tired of hearing principal Haeberlin brag about how awesome the school is all the time and bark at parents for can donations so he can brag about another record. Extremely dismissive attitude from administration.

Last modified Lee Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.