Posted August 22, 2013
East Coweta High has a wonderful staff. Always friendly and thoughtful. I am especially grateful to the security staff. Seeing them out there directing traffic and taking care of our students and parents. It is very comforting to know they have our best interest at heart.

Posted June 26, 2013
As a parent I am very happy with East Coweta High School. The staff is passionate and genuinely care about the students.My daughter's teachers offer additional assistance when needed and keep in contact with me on her performance and progress. The environment is safe and caring.

Posted June 16, 2013
This is one horrible school. Almost 3,000 students and is WAY TOO BIG. The students are so rude and disrespectful. The teachers can NOT control their classrooms. So much bullying goes on their. I have been bullied. I am considering transfering to a different school in the county. I literally felt so threatened every day. 90% ofthe school is drugs, thugs, and bullies and the preppy people that bully and think their so great. Some of the teachers are great but I had one horrible teacher that will not be named. He cussed , didn't teach, just gave busy work and stayed on his phone. DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!

East Coweta High School 2

Posted May 08, 2013
School has too many students. Halls are dangerously over crowded. The amount of inapproriate language and disrespect is out of control. Bullying is not handled forcefully as it should. Bullies continue to bully. If I had a choice, I would never have my child there. Qualifications to be a Varsity Cheerleader is to have no morals. Drama and bullying control the school. To be in Band you must only be in band and nothing else. If your child is an amazing athelete, they will only be put on Varisty if they are a Senior, or you are on the Board or a Millionaire.

Posted September 26, 2012
I have been generally pleased with this high school. I certainly appreciate the direction that the new leadership team and teachers are going. The student body at this school is diverse and the 9th grade campus is a plus for student transition. There is a wide array of accelerated, advanced, and AP coursework offerings. The drama team, mock-trial, and athletic programs are superior. Overall, I wish the school was not so large, but I find that things are managed very well.

Posted September 04, 2012
This school is awful! If you are moving in from another state, please check out what the schools offer & how your child's needs will be approached & handled. I have 2 gifted children & 1 who is average. All of my children are doing work they did 2 - 4 yrs ago. I was also spoken to very unprofessionally at the district level for trying to make sure my children's needs would be met & because ( wanted them placed correctly. The schools here do not test for gifted until fall & will assume your child isn't even if they have proof they were in their previous schools. I was told one thing about how my child would be placed & labeled by the district, then something just the opposite by the school a month into the year. The schools do not make new students & families feel welcomed. My daughter has not been treated well by the other children either. She used to love to go to school & made straight As. Now she cries every morning & afternoon. I also used to volunteer quite alot in the schools and have not been made to feel like parent involvement is welcomed. I am now trying to find a way to move back to the school system we were in before even though it will split up my family.

Posted September 05, 2011
This school is terrible!!!!!! I moved here from Parkview High School. That school is way better. The teachers are horrible and bad scheduling. I was out of school for 4 days because of being so sick I couldn't stay awake for more then an hour and all of my teachers said they would give me only 3 days to make up that 4 days of work on top of all the home work I already had for those days. also school runs way to late. it gets out at 3 30. At Parkview I got out at 2 10 so if your kid wants to work it will be very hard because they have homework on top of getting out at 3 30. This school also has an administration that does not help kids being bullied. Teacher involvement sucks!!!

Posted June 22, 2011
very disappointed with this school. My son entered as an All A coweta all-star.but quickly was picked by others to bully. no office support at all. he had a tooth broken and nothing was done. The excuse we were given was there are to many students to overview,. I hate these new mega schools. the children get lost..

Posted December 08, 2010
My son is a Special Education Student and when I moved to Newnan, GA, I needed a school with a good Special Education Program. Once I found out that the Coweta County is classified as one of the best 3 counties in the Spec Ed Dept, I then inquired online and with other parents in the different support groups in the county and I found out that ECHS offers the best Sp Ed prog to their teen students, so I made sure I relocated to the school's zone. Prior to this, my son attended for 7 yrs a private sp ed, small grp instruction (reg curriculum) school wher he got a good academic base. I feel satisfied with ECHS, Too bad that at HS level, parent involvement is limited unlike grade school where parents can do more in lots of areas. ECHS has a good sports program and arts program, too bad my son is not into sports (but I occasionally "make" him attend football, baseball games so I can round out his exposure to other social areas (which is an area that he needs to work on) . The faculty is outstanding, I need to mention to be key in many, many students lives is Mr. Luppens. ECHS is blessed to have him among the faculty. God Bless all.

East Coweta High School 0

Posted February 24, 2010
I have children who go to ECHS and overall it has been a good school. The principal is terrible due to the fact that all he believes in is helping certain types of sports. Takes away from academic clubs but, will never take away from football.

East Coweta High School
400 Highway 154, Sharpsburg, GA  30277
Last modified East Coweta High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Coweta High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.