Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

it coweta is a great school!!! We were nervous coming out of private school to public school, but i can say we made the right choice. Major Merrill has had a great impact on my son and he continues to grow and mature with the right influence from all the staff. We are proud to be East Coweta Indians!!

East Coweta Highschool is a great school full of opportunities for the students that look into them on their on. The guidance counselor my daughter had was awful. If we did not bang on her door then she would have never reached out to my child. When my daughter thought she was enrolled in dual enrollment we found out the first day that the counselor had failed to enroll her and we did it on our own, the lack of follow through with this counselor was frustrating. There was also a math teacher that is older and has been in the system for a while who does not teach the children. He reads out of the book and when a child asks him to explain he cannot do it. I made this comment to another staff member and they were not surprised, apparently the school has received numerous complaints about this teacher and nothing can be done until he decides to retire. Overall the school was great except for my previous comments, my daughter did wonderfully and graduated in the top 10% of the class. For parents you must stay on top of things and do not assume that it will be done , you must remain aware and involved.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

there are many great teachers but some of the older teachers should either retire or find their passion for teaching. Some of the teachers are just there waiting to retire and just dont care. There are other teachers that break the mold and are fabulous!!

The school is better now that it has been renovated. Very bright and clean now.

East Coweta High has a wonderful staff. Always friendly and thoughtful. I am especially grateful to the security staff. Seeing them out there directing traffic and taking care of our students and parents. It is very comforting to know they have our best interest at heart.

As a parent I am very happy with East Coweta High School. The staff is passionate and genuinely care about the students.My daughter's teachers offer additional assistance when needed and keep in contact with me on her performance and progress. The environment is safe and caring.

School has too many students. Halls are dangerously over crowded. The amount of inapproriate language and disrespect is out of control. Bullying is not handled forcefully as it should. Bullies continue to bully. If I had a choice, I would never have my child there. Qualifications to be a Varsity Cheerleader is to have no morals. Drama and bullying control the school. To be in Band you must only be in band and nothing else. If your child is an amazing athelete, they will only be put on Varisty if they are a Senior, or you are on the Board or a Millionaire.

I have been generally pleased with this high school. I certainly appreciate the direction that the new leadership team and teachers are going. The student body at this school is diverse and the 9th grade campus is a plus for student transition. There is a wide array of accelerated, advanced, and AP coursework offerings. The drama team, mock-trial, and athletic programs are superior. Overall, I wish the school was not so large, but I find that things are managed very well.

This school is awful! If you are moving in from another state, please check out what the schools offer & how your child's needs will be approached & handled. I have 2 gifted children & 1 who is average. All of my children are doing work they did 2 - 4 yrs ago. I was also spoken to very unprofessionally at the district level for trying to make sure my children's needs would be met & because ( wanted them placed correctly. The schools here do not test for gifted until fall & will assume your child isn't even if they have proof they were in their previous schools. I was told one thing about how my child would be placed & labeled by the district, then something just the opposite by the school a month into the year. The schools do not make new students & families feel welcomed. My daughter has not been treated well by the other children either. She used to love to go to school & made straight As. Now she cries every morning & afternoon. I also used to volunteer quite alot in the schools and have not been made to feel like parent involvement is welcomed. I am now trying to find a way to move back to the school system we were in before even though it will split up my family.

This school is terrible!!!!!! I moved here from Parkview High School. That school is way better. The teachers are horrible and bad scheduling. I was out of school for 4 days because of being so sick I couldn't stay awake for more then an hour and all of my teachers said they would give me only 3 days to make up that 4 days of work on top of all the home work I already had for those days. also school runs way to late. it gets out at 3 30. At Parkview I got out at 2 10 so if your kid wants to work it will be very hard because they have homework on top of getting out at 3 30. This school also has an administration that does not help kids being bullied. Teacher involvement sucks!!!

Last modified East Coweta High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.