Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The Administration is very poor and was unable to meet my concerns with my child. Instead of trying to develop and work with the students, they kicked my son out.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They would send home and bad report on my son daily and when I ask about the issues they could not explain or show me what he did on the cameras. Then they basically kicked him out of school.

Amount of homework: Neutral

My son was in the two year old class when he attended and he did not have any homework.

This preschool is biased and dishonest. They only want to accept a certain types of students. They lied about my daughter being on the waiting list and did not want her at there because of so called issues with my son. My son and daughter are now at Vinings Academy and they are they are awesome. We have not had any issues.

This school is terrible and the administration is poor and unable to handle parent concerns. The teacher turnover is high and teachers have poor classroom management and no support from administration. My child attended here one semester for Kindergarten and had terrible experience. This school received a grade "F" on the state school report card for 2016 which is no surprise with the poor administration and teacher turnover. I would not recommend sending a child to this school. There are other schools in the Cobb School District that are much better.

My daughter was here for 6 months. I withdrew her after countless of emails from the teacher saying that the class was behind because they would not stop talking. I was under the impression that she could not handle her class. Needless to say my daughter went to another school and the level that those 1st graders were on was way beyond what IAS was teaching. Spent so much money on uniforms that I now can't get rid of. This school is pointless the front desk and office staff are very rude. I would not recommend this school.

My child just went into Kindergarten so I am a new parent at this school. The communication is not good, it's impossible to know which web site you go to for what (a 1 pager with the links and for what would have been helpful), and it just seems like a never ending cycle of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Additionally, I've had several emails not responded to. I'm currently contemplating removing my child and moving them to the school he/she was zoned for. The school ratings don't show it being any worse than this one.

Amount of homework: Agree

Since my child is in Kindergarten, I feel the occasional homework assignments are adequate. I don't think at this age a multitude of homework is necessary.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

the teachers are amazing- if we could keep them at our school for more than 1 or 2 years- it would be wonderful!!!! i think we lost 30+ last year, maybe 25+ the year before???? i don't know, but it's not right!!

Develops character: Neutral

most kids- yes, however there is a bullying issue.. i don't think kids are being help accountable for their actions... so are- some are not.... not a fair system with the kiddos..

Last modified International Academy of Smyrna is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.