Smyrna, GA
Students enrolled: 1,200
After care: No

Posted April 15, 2015
Like most parents I was worried about my child starting middle school. I held my breath the morning I watched my daughter walk through the doors of GMS. Since that day I have watched her excel academically and socially. She gained confidence and maturity through the great clubs offered at Griffin. I love all of her teachers and how involved the parents are. Griffin has a great PTSA!! I couldn't be happier. Five star excellent school!!!

Posted February 12, 2015
I have taught at several different schools across Paulding and Cobb Counties and Griffin, by far, has been the best experience so far. Griffin is committed to meeting all students where their needs lie, whether that be through accelerating or remediating. Staff are dedicated to making sure that each student receives what they need. Administration is dedicated to making Griffin a safe and educational environment where all students' basic needs are met so that they can be free to learn.

Posted January 04, 2015
I currently have two children at Griffin and could not be more pleased with the school. They are both being academically challenged and have also made great friends. They are involved in clubs and extra curricular activities which give them a healthy balance. The teachers are fantastic and are very responsive to any questions or concerns that I may have. The parent involvement is outstanding. There is a very active PTSA and Foundation which work together to help provide necessary resources to the teachers, staff and students not otherwise funded by the county. The music program is quite large and have produced some outstanding musicians. Griffin's Got Talent in the Fall and the Spring Musical are two performances that are not to be missed. I would not hesitate sending your child to this school!

Posted December 11, 2014
Griffin Middle has highly qualified, motivated teachers, who really care about their students. As an 8th grade teacher, my focus is on engagement, rigor, and preparation for the future.

Posted December 11, 2014
Griffin Middle School is on the cutting edge of education. We pave the way for the newest and and best strategies for student learning and achievement. The teachers and staff are dedicated to the success of every student by going the extra mile for students. Students notice that teachers care about their success.

Posted November 25, 2014
Griffin has been a great choice for my daughter who has excelled all the CRT testing, this is all thanks to the great staff who make sure you have all the tools needed for the child to succeed like books, websites from the Liaison from Griffin, to the Principal who tries within his power to make sure kids are on time, and follow instructional classes in a respectful way, to staff who are always friendly and ready to help out when is needed to the awesome teachers who put up long hours making sure students are getting the best education there is in Cobb. As I will always say this is a three way partnership where Parents,Teachers and Students make it happened. Griffin Middle School is your choice when it comes to Middle School ,as a great community has decided to come together and give it a chance to a school who I can say now is worth to take the "risk" no risk at all, do your research as I did and I just have positive comments.

Posted November 24, 2014
Griffin is an amazing school. The DRAW (Discuss/Read/Analyze/Write) initiative focuses on student literacy across the 4 core content disciplines and has made a remarkable difference for our kids. Test scores are up across the board and student progress and growth place Griffin with the top schools in east Cobb. Griffin has developed a partnership with Kennesaw State University which provides additional resources for both students and staff. There are many clubs for students to join which include our Academic Bowl Team, Math Team, Science/Robotics Team, Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Drama to name a few. The Builders Club participates in community service and has raised and donated money for local entities in Smyrna. The school offers parent tours the second Tuesday of each month at 10:00 a.m. Come and see for yourselves what great things are happening. You will not be disappointed.

Posted November 11, 2014
Over the past several years I have heard the same rumors that have circulated around the community. I cannot say it did not affect me. I did what I tell others to do is to get involved, volunteer and you can see what a wonderful school Griffin Middle School is. The administration has made several changes over the past few years. They have focused on teaching ALL teachers (science, math etc.) how to teach a child how to read. This has made a remarkable difference in test scores. Honestly, what I love is the sense of community that you feel amongst the teachers and the parents-and that is not reflected in the test scores. The staff is a key part of the after school programs like Science Club, Beta Club, Robotics, Honor Chorus, Builders' Club, and Intramural Sports in the morning- just to name a few. All you have to do is go to one PTSA board meeting and see the PTSA is very active and is invested in our community. I can tell you more about how wonderful the staff is, but honestly, the best part is when I volunteer I 'spy' on my daughter and I see her smiling. Honestly, I have had reservations just like anyone else. However, I am so glad made the choice to stay public.

Posted November 07, 2014
Griffin's principal, administrative staff and teachers are extremely dedicated to making Griffin a top school in Cobb County and it is well on its way. The accelerated program is top-notch and competitive with East Cobb schools. The school has a solid discipline policy which provides a safe and secure learning environment. There are many extracurricular programs available and the Fine Arts program is excellent.

Posted May 22, 2014
My special needs child graduated from Griffin Middle School Haven program this year. He had an AWESOME EXPERIENCE. His teacher Mrs. Hampton taught with excellence and she and her team worked very hard taking my child to the next skill levels each year from 6-8th grade. My child wanted to go to school every morning and would even get up on Saturdays and ask to go to school. I pray he gets the same Attention, Love and Care from Osborne High School.

Griffin Middle School
4010 King Springs Rd SE, Smyrna, GA  30082
Last modified Griffin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Griffin Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top