Posted May 22, 2014
My special needs child graduated from Griffin Middle School Haven program this year. He had an AWESOME EXPERIENCE. His teacher Mrs. Hampton taught with excellence and she and her team worked very hard taking my child to the next skill levels each year from 6-8th grade. My child wanted to go to school every morning and would even get up on Saturdays and ask to go to school. I pray he gets the same Attention, Love and Care from Osborne High School.

Griffin Middle School 4

Posted May 04, 2014
Great 1st year at GMS. We could not be more pleased with our experience. Accelerated class content offerings is outstanding; so much that the school certified more teachers last summer to meet the needs of students coming into the school. The CCRPI results were just released a few weeks ago and GMS had the highest improvement over any middle school in the county. This is a lagging indicator; therefore we expect this number to continue to go up each year as students matriculate up thru excellent feeder schools including Nickajack Elementary and King Springs Elementary. We have been extremely pleased with the arts/music programs available thru the school - band, art club, advanced chorus/chorus, orchestra and extra curricular drama/musical programs and step team. The opportunity for our school is better communication to parents on all activities taking place at the school - we get newsletter, phone tree calls, social posts, teacher blogs but there are still areas for improvement to ensure everyone is informed. There are great things happening all the time at GMS, but we don't get consolidated information always. Overall, very pleased in our first year at GMS. Go Wildcats!

Posted April 30, 2014
This is my fifth year with children in GMS and we (parents and children) are very happy. The teachers and staff are wonderful. I come from a family of educators and I truly believe in our public schools. Schools, as well as the education a child receives, are going to be what you make of it. The public schools in this area make it easy to get involved and stay connected. Years ago when my children started at King Springs Elementary an involved dad told me to not believe the rumor mill . I have never heard anything bad about the local Smyrna Schools from people who are actually involved in them. Any bad press the local schools receive always starts with, well I heard... Strong Schools create strong communities and the public schools in Smyrna are strong. If people would spend half the amount of energy on getting involved in the schools as they do seeking alternatives we would be the best public school system in GA.

Posted September 23, 2013
After almost two months at Griffin Middle School, we could not be more pleased. The teachers we have met make a very favorable impression, the administrators are professional and responsive, and the principal is a true leader. As a parent, what more could you ask for? I'll tell you what we want: We want happy students getting off the bus in the afternoon, and that is exactly what we have! Is there room for improvement at Griffin? Of course there is. There is no such thing as a perfect school, but in our opinion, Griffin Middle School comes pretty close.

Posted September 23, 2013
When you review middle schools in Smyrna area on this website, you realize very quickly that there are few constructive reviews. I'm sure all parents have opinions about the middle school their children attend. Why not share those views with the community for the benefit of other parents. This website is a great resource. I am pleased to say that Griffin Middle School is truly a Great School. We had heard some things that were not so good, but clearly that proved to be a thing of the past. If you are trying to decide between a private school, charter school, or Griffin Middle School, make an appointment and meet the administrative staff. Get to know some of the teachers. Learn about the advanced classes. Meet some parents whose children attend Griffin. I think you'll be favorably impressed.

Posted August 23, 2013
My son attended Griffin from 2010-2013. His classes were challenging. His teachers were excellent. The band directors are awesome. He worked hard and was accepted to 2 of the Cobb County Magnet Programs. Many of his friends were also accepted to multiple magnet programs. This is the result of the rigorous curriculum, excellent teachers, and dedicated students and their families.

Posted August 22, 2013
This is my 5th year having a child at Griffin. My children have both done very well at Griffin. I am very glad they go to school with the kids they have grown up with in the community. Griffin is a great school.

Griffin Middle School 4

Posted July 27, 2013
So far my child has enjoyed to be at griffin. She has had great teachers for the past two years (6th and 7th). Teachers do their job, and worry about students. Great staff, dedicated and caring. Teachers are pushers for success. I am pro education. As parents you need a lot of involvement with teachers and your child need to love to study and do homework! There is a lot of work to take home, specially on the advance content program!

Griffin Middle School 1

Posted July 24, 2013
From my understanding the school is a great school, but I am looking for middle schools as well and from what I'm seeing looks like the school don't update the website. Not a good look!

Griffin Middle School 1

Posted May 13, 2013
I would also like recent info on this school as I am searching for middle schools for the 2013-2014 school year.

Griffin Middle School
4010 King Springs Rd SE, Smyrna, GA  30082
Last modified Griffin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Griffin Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top