King Springs Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted April 13, 2014

My son entered Kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year. We absolutely love King Springs. He is appropriately challenged and gets individual and group attention. The PTA is very active which is great. The principal cares a ton about the kids and school. She is a great leader.

Posted April 8, 2014

My school is excellent! We LOVE King Springs. We came to King Springs in 2012 for 1st grade. We transferred from Argyle's school district. What a huge difference! The staff truly cares about the kids. My daughter is growing into a great student and person. The quality of the families is phenomenal! The parents and PTA are very supportive and friendly. I wish they would just build a middle school on top of Kings Springs so my child wouldn't have to leave!

Posted April 2, 2014

King Springs Elementary School is by far one of the best schools I have ever been acquanited with. I am the Grandmother of two students at this school. I have never seen such caring and loving staff with a Principal and Assistant Principal that always haas the BEST INTEREST OF ALL STUDENTS. I always enjoy visiting my daughter so I can go to my Grandchildren's school to enjoy a program, visit them at lunch or go to an after school program. I have traveled all over the U. S. and my children attended many schools. I rate King Springs Elementary School #1. My grandchildren have excelled and when they have issues to overcome the teachers and staff have helped them exceed in all areas I know they are very deserving of winning $5,000. Go visit them. You will feel like you are visiting with your family everytime you walk in the doors of this amazing school! I wish my grandchildren could stay there for 12 years not just 5 years...

Posted February 3, 2014

Our son is in first grade and began King Springs in kindergarten and we couldn't be happier. We moved to this community for the purpose of putting our son in a diverse environment committed to providing our child with the best education a public school can offer. King Springs has met all of our expections and beyond. The staff and administration are dedicated to making this the best school in West Cobb and have achieved this by far. The PTA involvement is outstanding and we definitely feel a strong sense of community. Our son has excelled and looks forward to going to school every day and we look forward to our youngest starting kindergarted there next year.

Posted January 14, 2014

While the focus on the school is high academic numbers, they are lacking in courteousness, compassion, and warmth. The administrators are cold and not very friendly. When I walk into the front office, all the staff just stares as if I have two heads. I speak but am not greeted in return. I understand it's been a long day dealing with children (i work in a hospital with mentally ill patients but i always smile-fake it til you make it as they say) but you should always at least speak, especially to parents and other vistors. I'm not sure if it's prejudice, reacism, or just plan rudeness. Some of the teachers are friendly and it's obvious they enjoy what they do, but a large majority are just....cold. My niece has come home on several occasions and has told us she overheard her teachers saying mean things about some of the kids in her class. That is not exceptable in my opinion. If you need to vent, vent without the kids around. King Springs may have high marks for academics but has low marks for caring. Looking into moving just to change school zones.

Posted September 11, 2013

Such a great school with great leadership! My 6 year old is very happy there.

Posted April 22, 2013

We have been in another county for almost 3 years.... Struggling to feel connected to our new, highly rated, school 's administration. We are a number there. Not enough space here to share the balls that have been dropped. We miss King Springs. We were cared for, academically and personally. Excellent teacher experiences (awesome librarians!) and the administration is engaged and responsive. They raised a flag for us, in kindergarten, (dyslexia) in the form of early intervention. Fancy new school has denied and delayed... kicked the can down the road, until we force their hand. Grrrrr!

Posted July 18, 2012

Hands down...a wonderful school. My son will be in first grade. Kindergarten was amazing! He knows more than his private school friends!!!!!

Posted May 15, 2012

My son is a rising 6th grader and will be moving on this year. When asked what he would change about King Springs, he said nothing. He will miss KSE but I'm sure he'll visit often! Thank you KSE for all the great years, K - 5!!

Posted February 7, 2012

Great school. People really put a lot of effort to make this school on path to success. If you want to live is Smyrna whic is seeing a lot of growth and opportunity, King Springs is a great ES to put your child in. I'm glad to support this school. Keep up the great work!

Posted June 27, 2011

We chose to put our son in King Springs for many different reasons. The school we were zoned for had an extremely low score (2 out of 10) on great schools, poor grades and was far from our jobs and our babysitter. When doing our research we saw all the great reviews on King Springs. Our son's first year was last year and he attended Kindergarten. I cannot stress how pleased we are with the school, staff and principal. We are thrilled that he will be continuing to go to King Springs and look forward to having all our children go there. This is truly a testament to what a great caring staff & involved parents can create. We love you King Springs!

Posted February 15, 2011

Really miss King Springs. We moved out of district and could no longer attend the school. Of all the schools that my children have attended, King Springs is BY FAR the best one. A lot of diversity, so many community oriented activities and family feeling. The teachers are creative and keep the students excited about learning. Definately a school to be modeled after. It's hard for us to find a comparable school because we haven't found another one that matches. My son learned how to read from there before he started school!! I miss you King Springs. Keep up the amazing work!

Posted April 29, 2010

I have been at King Springs for 3 years and it has been a great experience for my daughter. Even through the tough economic times they are trying to keep 'specials' programs strong. The teacher and parent comminucation and involvement is amazing! When so many around us are choosing privates school, I had my concerns but after choosing King Springs I have NO regrets.

Posted April 26, 2010

King Springs is an amazing school! I have a child in Kindergarten, 2nd and 4th grade and I have been nothing short of pleased by the excellent teaching they've received these past two years. I hate that we are moving out of the district because I would love for our youngest to attend there in the fall. The teachers show genuine concern for the students and Principal Keeney is a superb leader! We will miss King Springs dearly.

Posted February 23, 2010

involved teachers and parents - stict behavior environment - great for learning.

Posted November 5, 2009

I have been sending my son to private school - this year we started King Springs. I have been so impressed! My son loves it. The Principal, the staff and the teachers are just amazing!!

Posted September 20, 2009

We are like one big family and we just love our school.

Posted September 18, 2009

King Springs has very good involvement from the community and an administrative and teaching staff that truly cares about being the best they can be.

Great Parent and Teacher contribution

Posted September 18, 2009

King Springs is a wonderful and diverse school that encourages arts, physcial fitness, and technology as much as it supports a challenging academic curriculum. The teachers and the administration truly have the kids best interests in mind at all times. We love it!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

106 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

106 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

92 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1041 Reed Rd SE