Bad
Good

The teachers here are excited to be at work and teach our babies! The staff is very accommodating, especially when my family and I came across unusual circumstances.

This is our 2nd. yr. at Argyle and we really enjoy the staff, friendliness and overall environment of the school. This year our daughter is in 1st. grade and she made an enormous accomplishment by testing well for the Target program for gifted children. Her father and I have always known she was bright early on but with our hard work and her amazing kindergarten and first grade teachers dedication to learning, she is thriving. We love Argyle!!

I love Argyle,I love the staff and would not trade it for anything.I have a 1st grader and this is her second year at the school.I must admit that her teacher last year was the best(wright) because some he will push your child to a higher standard but with love..Argyle has its faults like every school but it is really there for the students and parent friendly.

My son is wrapping up kindergarden this year and I cannot express enough how much I am impresed with the entire staff at Argyle. As an actively involved parent, I have had interaction with most of the staff and everyone seems to go above and beyond and show a genuine care for the students and the school. My son has learned more than I expected in kindergarden and has developed an eagerness to learn. HIs first year of school was definitly a success at Argyle!

When this school was built in 1961, I was in the third grade. We started before the lunch room was finished and the shrubbery was planted. The PTA of our school, planted and landscaped, put pictures in the halls, manned the clinic(volunteer moms) and everyone attended and participated in the PTA. This was a great school. Academically I would have put it up against any private school of its time. I eventually did my student teaching in Argyle. Hopefully, the parents and staff of today are holding up the tradition that was started. And yes, today they are having a 50th anniversary celebration! Congratulations, Argyle!!

After a failed attempt to sell our house and move to a different school district, my husband and I finally called Argyle and asked for a tour. The principal and vice principal were wonderful and took time to answer all of our questions, even addressing some false rumors we had heard about the school and its progress. We walked away from that tour with a completely different outlook on this little school around the corner. We are so glad we took the time to check out the school ourselves rather than relying on an outdated reputation, or rumors from other parents who hadn't even visited the school themselves. All this time we had a wonderful little gem of a school in our own backyard! Argyle is a wonderful school and I am so happy my daughters have the privilege to attend. I only wish others knew how good it is. The teachers are all loving and attentive, and the administration is friendly and familiar with all the students. I would suggest to any parent, at any school, to not only judge a school by how it looks on paper (test scores, etc.) but to actually visit the school, walk around its halls, talk to its administration and teachers, and then make a judgment.

I'm the parent of a rising kindergartener and my first impressions of the school are better than I thought. I know that they have a history of low test scores, but I know that it's from having alot of hispanic students that have english as a second language. I'm hoping that the school meets my standards. Besides, I know that Argyle has a bad rep, but I think that school is what the parent makes it. If you want a successful student, you have to start at home. Anyway, I hope the school meets my expectations!

Actually, I have a question, not a review. Since Argyle turns 50 this year, is there going to be any kind of celebration or homecoming event? I was a rising fifth grader the summer of 1961 and eagerly rode past the construction site about once a week to see how my "new school" was coming along. I will check this site again in case there is any announcement of such an event.

My son attended this school in 3rd grade and I have to say it was one of my favorites. The principal was wonderful, very hands-on with the kids, encouraged socials for the kids like Halloween, welcome back to schools, and so on, listened to your concerns, and encouraged parent/teacher relationships. My son had one super wonderful teacher and another really great teacher. He was learning not only academically but proper behavior as well because he is very charismatic. No school is perfect but I definitely have more good things to say than bad things about this school. The staff was very friendly and cordial. Overall, I recommend this school with a smile and since we moved, I sincerely miss it. The grass is not greener on the other side.

My son attended this school and was enrolled in the special needs pre-k programs. We moved in order to get away from this school. The principal seemed to do a good job, but his leadership wasn't enough. The school my son had been in was excellent and this school was no comparision. I never knew anything about what he was learning in school, because the teacher never sent any information home and he never came home with any projects or school work that showed they were working on any type of theme. I was very disappointed with the quality of education he was getting and I felt as if this was year of his life of learning that was lost. If you have a special needs child, I would suggest you look into another area school.

Last modified Argyle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.