Smyrna, GA
Students enrolled: 2,280

Posted December 09, 2014
One of the most rigorous International Baccalaureate schools in the state, Campbell offers real world education in a safe and diverse environment.

Posted December 06, 2014
Like any school, there are negatives. But I believe that at Campbell, the positives strongly outweigh the negatives. While it is true that throughout my 4 years at Campbell I have witnessed fights and unruly behavior, I have also learned valuable lessons in terms of a look at what the real world is like and diversity. In terms of diversity, I have to say that Campbell is one of the most diverse schools in the county as I have interacted with many students from various backgrounds whether it be ethnically or socioeconomically. Lastly, the teachers are amazing-especially in the IB program. They seem to love what they do and it shows in the classroom as they bring a certain energy that is irreplaceable. They truly want to see their students succeed! GO SPARTANS!

Posted August 27, 2014
Great place for kids to learn and experience the real world of diversity. I have nothing but good things to say about the teachers and other kids I've met through the school.

Posted May 02, 2014
My son has attended Campbell from the beginning, as an incoming Freshman. He has grown within the school, and I am so Thankful to the staff at CHS. Kids r going to be kids, but, CHS helps to guide and transform them into Young Adults, ready for the World. I Rate Campbell High School ~ A++++++!

Posted March 14, 2014
I was skeptical about sending my daughter to this school at first from all the rumors about it being such a bad school. I have to say I am pretty impressed. The teachers all seem to truly care about the students success and getting them prepared for college. There really hasn't been anything bad happening maybe a fight every once in awhile but that is pretty normal in all high schools. CHS is not a bad school. Maybe some improvement in the athletic area though.

Campbell High School 1

Posted January 30, 2014
My son went for two weeks and I pulled him out. The school is pathetic and I call it a Jr. prison. I don't know too much of the students and the other parents--as far as their socioeconomic backgrounds--, but the staff treat the children with indifference and harshly. It is like they expect for the students to be criminals when they grow up. I had to homeschool my son while I worked from home until I was able to break my lease and move back to Marietta City Schools. I would love to live in Smyrna because it is closer to my office and nicer looking than Marietta. Anyways, parents beware of buying a home or renting in the jurisdiction if you have kids.

Campbell High School 2

Posted December 19, 2013
My daughter is a IB student. The ONLY reason why CHS is a good school so 'they say' is because of this Program. If CHS did not have the IB Program it will be a train wreck! The principal Dr. Magee is not involved with these kids at all. The kids are constantly fighting, having food fights and bullying other people kids. Not trying to scare anyone. But this school is a joke. IB is holding this school up. Take your kids else where. Trust me if you let your child go here you will regret. Better make sure they are in the IB Program.

Posted November 19, 2013
I am on my second child going through the IB program here. I couldn't be happier! We have been very please with the strong academics all the way through.

Campbell High School 4

Posted July 27, 2013
I am a student at CHS and I've herd all the bad things said about this school, none of them are true. I've been going to CHS for 3 years now and the school is amazing. Of course being a high school there are a few fights and those students that want to act out, but that's normal. My favorite thing about the school is the staff. The teachers are very caring and hands on. They stay late or come early for anyone that needs it. The cafeteria workers are very polite and friendly. The custodians are always near by to help you with any mess with a smile in their face. I love this school, and you will too.

Campbell High School 3

Posted June 30, 2013
CHS has changed a lot since the earlier posts and praises I read here. Unfortunately NOT for the best. IB is of course top notch but everything else is run by out of control students that are able to hi jack the day knowing admin follow up won't be adequate and consequences will be OSS (read: sleep late, no school, excused absence). I feel bad for both the students and faculty who have to live with the nonsense day after day. Too bad the main concern the principal seems to have is to cultivate her image as she climbs the administrative food chain.

Campbell High School
5265 Ward St SE, Smyrna, GA  30080
Last modified Campbell High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Campbell High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top