Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Posted September 28, 2015
I have had 2 students go through Campbell High School over the past 8 years. My second child is about to graduate from the IB program but it's not just because of IB that I think this is a great school. Over 8 years time you see a lot of changes. We have had some administrators who are wonderful and some who are not so wonderful. My kids have had classes both in and out of the IB program. They are white and have never been discriminated against at this school at all. The IB students are wonderful, the on level Campbell kids are wonderful and the teachers are wonderful. Most of the teachers teach both IB and regular classes so to say that only the IB program saves the school is a mistake. The teachers who are awesome are awesome to ALL their classes. Sure there are kids who don't behave, but every school has this. I not only sent my kids to Campbell for the IB program but for the wonderful diversity that the school has. They don't get that diversity at their district school and the kids in our part of town quite frankly are spoiled brats!!!! It's been wonderful for my kids to see that not all kids get a BMW when they turn 16!!!!! My kids made friends both in and out of the IB program. Campbell High School is a wonderful place and I hope that my 3rd child will be able to attend. I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about Campbell High School:)

Campbell High School 1

Posted August 18, 2015
I was a student at Cambell about 2 years ago. I was often teased and had racial slurs used towards me for being one of the only white kid's in my class. Class sizes were huge with kids not having a seat some days. Sometimes the teachers seemed to give up on students. Administration picked favorites. A pretty, thin girl would wearing super short revealing clothes but a chubby kid couldn't have holes in their jeans below the knee. The only thing keeping that terrible school afloat is their IB program.

Campbell High School 2

Posted August 11, 2015
School went downhill quickly after 2007-2008. One of the major problems was the principal (dr. Magee), and now this school has a chance again with new management. However, student morale is low, and many departments are getting rid of the most productive and professional teachers; some dep. chairs assign classes based on their friendship or connections, not based on what our students need (and don't ask them what they need, because they don't know!).

Posted May 15, 2015
One of the best kept secrets in Cobb County! Amazing International Bacclaureate (IB) magnet program that has students working at and above college level; fantastic parental involvement; incredible diversity - best of both worlds with the ivory tower/ivy league education without the plain vanilla population. If you have a chance to send your kid(s) to this school - esp the IB program - they will get a private school or better education without the 2nd mortgage price tag.

Posted December 09, 2014
One of the most rigorous International Baccalaureate schools in the state, Campbell offers real world education in a safe and diverse environment.

Posted December 06, 2014
Like any school, there are negatives. But I believe that at Campbell, the positives strongly outweigh the negatives. While it is true that throughout my 4 years at Campbell I have witnessed fights and unruly behavior, I have also learned valuable lessons in terms of a look at what the real world is like and diversity. In terms of diversity, I have to say that Campbell is one of the most diverse schools in the county as I have interacted with many students from various backgrounds whether it be ethnically or socioeconomically. Lastly, the teachers are amazing-especially in the IB program. They seem to love what they do and it shows in the classroom as they bring a certain energy that is irreplaceable. They truly want to see their students succeed! GO SPARTANS!

Posted August 27, 2014
Great place for kids to learn and experience the real world of diversity. I have nothing but good things to say about the teachers and other kids I've met through the school.

Posted May 02, 2014
My son has attended Campbell from the beginning, as an incoming Freshman. He has grown within the school, and I am so Thankful to the staff at CHS. Kids r going to be kids, but, CHS helps to guide and transform them into Young Adults, ready for the World. I Rate Campbell High School ~ A++++++!

Posted March 14, 2014
I was skeptical about sending my daughter to this school at first from all the rumors about it being such a bad school. I have to say I am pretty impressed. The teachers all seem to truly care about the students success and getting them prepared for college. There really hasn't been anything bad happening maybe a fight every once in awhile but that is pretty normal in all high schools. CHS is not a bad school. Maybe some improvement in the athletic area though.

Campbell High School 1

Posted January 30, 2014
My son went for two weeks and I pulled him out. The school is pathetic and I call it a Jr. prison. I don't know too much of the students and the other parents--as far as their socioeconomic backgrounds--, but the staff treat the children with indifference and harshly. It is like they expect for the students to be criminals when they grow up. I had to homeschool my son while I worked from home until I was able to break my lease and move back to Marietta City Schools. I would love to live in Smyrna because it is closer to my office and nicer looking than Marietta. Anyways, parents beware of buying a home or renting in the jurisdiction if you have kids.

Campbell High School
5265 Ward St Se, Smyrna, GA  30080
Last modified Campbell High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Campbell High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 83 reviews. Top