Bad
Good

Belmont Hills Elementary School 2

Posted June 23, 2013
Well I don't know where to begin. He entered in the 5th grade and struggled for 10 months. The principle is incredible and all so kind. But his 5th grade teacher was aweful. She yelled at my son and justified it by saying she was having a bad morning. I spoke with the principle we decided to remove him. He went from the fire into the firing pan. So now I have enrolled him in private school for 6th grade he didn't learn much from the school. I worked with him at home. So I'm not saying this is a bad school I'm saying our experience was unbelieveable. I do have a better understanding of racisim. My observation of the school is some teacher have NO expectation of student because some are from hispanic decent. My son's teacher actual said she's not sending homework home anymore because no one is doing it. I was shocked. I told her to continue and send homework packages for my son. He need to practive the assessment test that was coming up. 80% of the parents don't speak english so they can't help with homework or other subjects. My son fell between the cracks now we have to try and catch up with all his subjects. good luck if you're child is attending this school..

Posted October 28, 2012
This school staff doesn't get enough credit. Belmont Hills is an amazing school. People judge too harshly because of the overall test scores. The advanced kids are challenged; based on our experience of four years here I know this to be true. The teachers at Belmont Hills are the most dedicated group of caring individuals we could have ever hoped for. Children are treated with respect. Parents are treated with respect. Teacher to student ratio is excellent. We have nothing but praise for this wonderful Smyrna school

Posted May 30, 2011
There is more love & genuine concern for the kids at Belmont Hills than in any school I've ever been involved with. The leadership here has cultivated an incredible staff. My daughter is in 2nd grade & knows nearly every teacher in the school... and feels cared for & engaged by every one of them.

Posted July 16, 2007
I would like to say that my daughter has been in this school for 2 years now and she has had the most wonderful teachers who have nurtured her in to the reading and math wiz she is today! My daughter finished her year on the honor and principals list she has a reading award and her math score were wonderful! I am pleased with this school and what they have done for my daughter. I was hoping that my son would be starting there this school year but they will no longer have a pre-k program. He has to wait until next year! But I must say he can't wait! Thank you Mrs. Penquite, Mrs. Snow and Ms. Berry also thank you to her current teacher Mrs. Ermentrout!

Posted April 09, 2007
This is my daughter,s last year at bellmont hills and she had a great time . she respects her teachers and they respects her. we recently relocate from another state and this is a refreshing change Iam truly happy my daughter is a student of bellmont hills. She learns a lot since she started ther on fall of 2006. Keep up the good work pleased parent.

Belmont Hills Elementary School
605 Glendale Placese, Smyrna, GA  30080
Last modified Belmont Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.