Teasley Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 668 students

Sweep tile

Posted April 7, 2014

We love Teasley. Teasley is a great school with fantastic teachers! The administration is dedicated to creating a learning environment that is supportive and successful.

Posted March 17, 2014

My child has attended Teasley for the past three years. I have been extremely pleased with the teachers, administrators, and overall feel of the school. The principal, Ms. Mansfield, is absolutely wonderful! She knows all the children and cares deeply about each one. In addition, she provides a warm, welcoming environment for parents. It is clear that her main goal is the make sure each child is doing their very best. During her time at Teasley, Ms. Mansfield has hired top notch teachers. I cannot say enough good things about our experience at Teasley Elementary!

Posted March 16, 2014

We have been at Teasley for 5 years. I have been amazed at the changes over these years. I know that these changes have started with our administration. Our principal has given great leadership as she has poured into our students, teachers and parents the pursuit of excellence in education and heart for the community there. The kids know by the hugs and the positive messages she speaks into them each day. Teasley has something incredibly special with the diversity, the passion for kids' success, the programs and activites offered that augment the education, and the genuine care for everyone to work together to make these kids enjoy coming every day! I am an advocate for our school and our administration, as that where it begins!

Posted March 15, 2014

We have been extremely happy at Tesley. The teachers are great and truly care about the academic success of the students. Ms. Mansfield, knows all the children and is an active participant in the day. You will always see her around the school. We just registered our daughter for Kindergarten and we are excited for her to start her journey at Teasley--I would encourage people to come take a tour and see all the great things going on at Teasley.

Posted March 15, 2014

Teasley Elementary is a fantastic elementary school! The faculty and staff are so loving & caring with each individual child. Leslie Mansfield, the principal, treats every child as if they are her own. She truly cares deeply about the successes of each student. The parents are encouraged to volunteer and be present in the daily academic lives of the students. The renovations that will take place over the next year and a half are only going to enhance the school's ability to serve the Smyrna Community.

Posted January 18, 2014

We are in our fifth your at Teasley with a 4th grader and 1st grader. Leslie Mansfield, the Teasley principal does a fabulous job advocating for her staff and also supporting the parents. She is very personable and knows each child by name. The grade level teachers and special teachers are caring and go above and beyond their regular duties and expectations. There are ample enrichment opportunities at Teasley with after school programs and various clubs/chorus. There are lots of opportunities for parents to volunteer at the school with a very active PTA and Foundation. Would highly recommend Teasley to families in our Smyrna community.

Posted January 17, 2014

Teasley has very caring and concerned teachers willing to go above and beyond to help children. My child was struggling during the 1st quarter with math and reading (we were alerted to this through an academic alert which gets sent home at mid-term when any child is at risk of getting a C (or 1) on their report card.) We met with the teacher and she informed us of the specific areas my child needed to work on. Because of that extra work and communication with the teacher, my child was able to bring the grades up. All of my child's teachers through the years there are very responsive to email and/or scheduling a meeting if needed.

Posted January 11, 2014

My daughter is in 2nd grade at Teasley and we have had the most wonderful experience! I couldn't be happier!

Posted January 11, 2014

We have had children at Teasley for the past 5 years. We could not have been more pleased with our boys' educational experiences there. The teachers are wonderful and always receptive when I have reached out with questions or concerns. My boys have thrived there. The administrative staff is also amazing. They are always at the doors greeting students or in carpool line helping students come in for the day. They are very visible, not behind the scenes and are also receptive to parental concerns. Finally, the school has an active PTA and Foundation that work together for our school. We have been lucky enough to have a supplemental science teacher the past 2 years and the position was completely funded by our Foundation. I cannot say enough good things about Teasley, great school!

Posted January 10, 2014

Have been thrilled with Teasley. Principal Mansfield has been AWESOME and the new construction is going to really be fantastic!! Have one child in 2nd and another soon to start Kindergarten in the fall. Our teachers have been TOP NOTCH!! Best little school in Georgia!

Posted January 10, 2014

Teasley offers a great deal to students. I have two children in Teasley and a third will begin next year. The teachers are excellent and I feel my children are doing well enough that they will be able to get into a good private school in middle school if we choose that route. I am happy with the variety of extracurricular activities offered and the flexibility they have had in offering things when there is demand. Right now the school is about to undergo a huge construction project to expand and update the school. It speaks volumes for the school that the involved parents took so much time to work with the school board to get the previous overcrowding problem resolved. Parents want to send their children to Teasley because it truly is a great school.

Posted January 10, 2014

We started at Teasley in 2011 and I now have 2 children in 2nd and K grades. Each child (as most parents can agree) learns, acts, and responds completely different from the other. Yet - each is thriving with their teacher. Parent involvement is encouraged at Teasley and the teachers, and especially our principal, Ms. Mansfield, has created an amazing atmosphere where everyone feels welcome and appreciated. Both of my children are thriving and I know they are well cared for while they are there - it makes a Mom feel great.

Posted September 18, 2013

My son has been going to Teasley since Kindergarten and my son loves it! His teacher is very passionate and cares about him doing well and take the time to give him the attention he needs. The principal (Mrs Mansfield) is very dedicated and the kids love her too!

Posted July 17, 2013

This is my 5th year at Teasley and I have seen this school grow with unbelievable strides. I was a little nervous to hear that my soon to be 1st grader would have to switch building this school year to allow for improvements at the main campus. After hearing and seeing how our principal has gone to back for our babies to make sure they are safe and comfortable at the new building has made me very happy. She really cares about our kids. My daughter and I are looking forward to share in this experience. And I will support this school 100%.

Posted July 17, 2013

Teasley is a fantastic group of close knit families with fantastic teachers and staff, all led by a principal who bleeds purple and works hard to make Teasley "the best little school in town". We love Teasley!

Posted July 17, 2013

Teasley has been a great school for my son. He loves his teachers and going to school everyday. I have been impressed with the principal who goes out of her way to welcome parents and say something positive about their child. My son is growing academically and I definitely feel like we are a team (his teachers and I) working together to make sure he is successful.

Posted July 14, 2013

Academically Teasley is a good school. The teachers follow the curriculum and the students learn however there needs to be more "diversity" in this school when it comes to teachers. It is more then noticeable when you walk in the classroom that the children are culturally diverse and the teachers should reflect that or at least have training. All students should be treated the same.

Posted June 25, 2013

This is my daughter's 3rd year at Teasley (entering 4th grade) and I couldn't be happier with her progress. Parental involvement seems to be limited to just the select percentage who can afford to be actively involved (SAHMs, for instance). There are a lot of extracurricular activities for the children and my daughter has excelled in all areas. The teachers keep the children safe and motivated. The staff is friendly and warm. I just wish they would give parents more notice of assemblies and such. The day before is NOT enough time to show up to support your child.

Posted June 24, 2013

Teasley has fully met and exceeded expectations for my children. Teachers and staff are committed and caring. The facilities are small but an expansion is under way. Parental involvement cannot be more tangible than through the private Foundation funding (parent donation) of a Science Specialist position benefitting all grades. No other elementary school in the Smyrna or South County area has one. I can't think of a more relevant and impactful way to supplement the academic challenges our kids are facing today.

Posted April 30, 2013

Outstanding. Ms. Mansfield (principal) takes decisive action to safeguard our children and staff and create an environment of workability so every child can grow, learn and develop with confidence and peace of mind. I'm really pleased.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2010.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 91% in 2010.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 88% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 92% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 78% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 90% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 83% in 2013.

97 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

97 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 93% in 2013.

84 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 80% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2012.

91 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

Asian 11% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

3640 Spring Hill Rd SE