Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This is my son's 1st year at Teasley and he started in the 1st grade with Mrs. Hamrick. Overall he has had a really good experience with the school and his teacher. Prior to attending Teasley he was at a small christian school in Smyrna that prepared him well academically (reading, phonics, and math), however, the curriculum and culture was not a long term fit. We sought out Teasley after reviewing the historical IOWA and CRCT scores (CCSD website), student diversity, gifted programs, afterschool programs, and a few tours/coffee hours with parents/teachers. As a professional who has worked on the administrative side of public, charter, and private schools I would strongly recommended taking into consideration all of these factors when making your decision as to a school fit for your child and family. Great schools should be only 1 component of your overall assessment of a school and its community where ever you live. While there is great info from reviews the hard data is a few years behind as well as some of the programming. Pros: Local community feel, parental engagement opportunities for working & non-working parents, student diversity, opportunities for more challenging homework/classes, afterschool extracurricular (Robotics, STEM, Chess, Arts, etc.) Cons: Morning carpool line (I don't know one that is good). I gave it a 4 because it has not been a whole year yet and I am still learning about the school culture.

The staff is amazing!!! My Children came from another school district and I thought that they were going to struggle academically, since it was a different curriculum. However Mrs.Thompson, Mrs.Hamrick are awesome teachers. Both keep me informed on my kids progress, all of the staff communicates very well, and my twins really love this school. I am praying that I find a house that is zoned for this school. Great School!!!!

Teasley provides a quality education, families are engaged and it shows, excellent preparation and foundation for the future provided at Teasley

My girls are in second grade and have been at Teasley since Kindergarten. The principal, Ms. Mansfield, is very hands on and creates a positive environment that trickles down to the entire staff. So far every teacher that my girls have had has been great. No complaints from this mom.

Do you know that old sitcom CHEERS and it's catchy theme song... "sometimes you want to go where Everyone knows your name, and they are always glad you came"? - well that is Teasley Elementary. <3.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

AMAZING TEACHERS. I have not been disappointed at all. Our principal keeps our classes small. For 2 years my son had a class of only 14-15 students. The one on one attention he received was amazing. BUT, even with or without small class size the teachers seem to be able to navigate - and teach- by breaking up the class into smaller groups and creating intimate times of teaching. This year my daughters 2nd grade class has 2 teachers and 28 students (14:1 = great ratio) and my son's 4th grade class has 23 students and 1 teacher for 4th grade.

Develops character: Strongly agree

my children go to Teasley and whenever there has been an issue with another student during class the teacher talks it through with the children or child in a kind and thoughtful manner- encouraging trust and communication = integrity. I am so thankful for this attribute that Teasley carries.

Teasley is a great school. After having bad experience with another Cobb school, our son had great teachers and enjoyed his school year. Teachers really care for their students and help them grown academically and personally. Way to go Teasley!

After living abroad for four years, we brought our son back to finish 5th grade at Teasley. He loved Teasley during Kindergarten and first grade. We were very happy to find the school even better than it was. Administration, faculty, support staff, PTA, and everyone else my son interacted with were caring, proactive, professional, and competent. The student body is a snapshot of American demographics. Wonderful to see so many ethnicities learning and playing together. The greatest thing to see is how these students don't pay attention to issues that their parents occasionally get stuck on. We are glad to be back in the U.S and we are so fortunate to have watched our son finish elementary school at Teasley.

Develops character: Strongly agree

High levels of professionalism among entire faculty. Real emphasis on anti-bullying. Students seem to seldom have problems with faculty or other students.

Last modified Teasley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.