Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted May 13, 2016
My girls are in second grade and have been at Teasley since Kindergarten. The principal, Ms. Mansfield, is very hands on and creates a positive environment that trickles down to the entire staff. So far every teacher that my girls have had has been great. No complaints from this mom.

Posted April 15, 2016
Do you know that old sitcom CHEERS and it's catchy theme song... "sometimes you want to go where Everyone knows your name, and they are always glad you came"? - well that is Teasley Elementary. <3.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 15, 2016
AMAZING TEACHERS. I have not been disappointed at all. Our principal keeps our classes small. For 2 years my son had a class of only 14-15 students. The one on one attention he received was amazing. BUT, even with or without small class size the teachers seem to be able to navigate - and teach- by breaking up the class into smaller groups and creating intimate times of teaching. This year my daughters 2nd grade class has 2 teachers and 28 students (14:1 = great ratio) and my son's 4th grade class has 23 students and 1 teacher for 4th grade.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted April 15, 2016
I am not sure exactly what this question is asking. Maybe does Teasely instill respect for oneself and each student and academia. If this is the question- I would say a strong yes. I feel our standard school attire place respect on how one presents themselves and allows focus on academics. I know that our councelors are very active with working with our students to help with communication and respect along with our Teasley Purple Pride- that honors students who show wonderful behavior: listening, showing empathy, helping other students, assisting in class.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted April 15, 2016
here is a little snippit from my daughter's 1st grade teacher that speaks volumes on the importance of empathy and kindness at Teasley Elementary: "Ahoy Mateys!!!! Our Holiday Season has arrived! I hope all of you had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving Break, and are looking forward to this Holiday Season as much as I am! Whatever Holiday you celebrate, there is one thing I hope all of our little ones take away, and that’s the holiday spirit of giving to others. We have to focus on each other this time of year… We are beginning a study on Random Acts of Kindness that can be given without money. So be on the lookout… Your child may be doing something nice for you, a family member or a well known neighbor… They will be joining our Kind Kids Club, and taking on challenges for the rest of the year!"

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 15, 2016
my children go to Teasley and whenever there has been an issue with another student during class the teacher talks it through with the children or child in a kind and thoughtful manner- encouraging trust and communication = integrity. I am so thankful for this attribute that Teasley carries.

Posted September 08, 2015
Teasley is a great school. After having bad experience with another Cobb school, our son had great teachers and enjoyed his school year. Teachers really care for their students and help them grown academically and personally. Way to go Teasley!

Posted June 10, 2015
After living abroad for four years, we brought our son back to finish 5th grade at Teasley. He loved Teasley during Kindergarten and first grade. We were very happy to find the school even better than it was. Administration, faculty, support staff, PTA, and everyone else my son interacted with were caring, proactive, professional, and competent. The student body is a snapshot of American demographics. Wonderful to see so many ethnicities learning and playing together. The greatest thing to see is how these students don't pay attention to issues that their parents occasionally get stuck on. We are glad to be back in the U.S and we are so fortunate to have watched our son finish elementary school at Teasley.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 10, 2015
High levels of professionalism among entire faculty. Real emphasis on anti-bullying. Students seem to seldom have problems with faculty or other students.

Posted January 31, 2015
Teasley is a fabulous school because of the extraordinary teachers, wonderful principal and committed community of active parents .The teachers at Teasley are unbelievably committed to the individual academic and personal growth of all of their students. Ms. Mansfield greets every child (700+ students!!) by name in the am with a big smile and is so gracious and appreciative to all parents that volunteer. The sense of community through the PTA and the PAWS Foundation is wonderful. With Spirit Nights at local restaurants, an Outdoor movie night on the Lawn and a wonderful International Night that celebrates the wonderful diversity of our community, there is something for everyone to enjoy. The After School program offers amazing programs (at additional fees) that include languages like French and Spanish, Hip Hop Dance, Karate and Kids Yoga and Robotics. If you are considering Teasley, call the school and ask when there is a tour because it is wonderful to see yourself but to also meet some parents and ask questions yourself!

3640 Spring Hill Rd Se, Smyrna, GA  30080
Last modified Teasley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.