Smyrna, GA

Teasley Elementary School 3

Posted December 06, 2014
The one star parent is right and although the parents don't won't to see it written related to the bad about their school, such is life. Teasley is closely connected with the community, the school has good ratings, and some good teachers but there are problems with administration, correct placement of teachers, parent input, and a loving vs robotic, stale environment. You take the good with the bad at every school but just be prepared that ratings don't tell the whole story at Teasley.

Posted November 06, 2014
I have a fifth grader at Teas ley and will be sad to leave Teasley when she moves on to middle school. We've felt blessed that she has had wonderful, supportive teachers. We originally went to Teasley to "try out" the public school system before going to private school, but decided to stay based on the positive environment. Although Teasley has grown while we've been there, the sense of community has remained the same. I feel the teachers give meaningful feedback on my child's strengths and weaknesses and, despite the fact that she has been working above grade level, have pushed her to grow and excel. I am happy with the administration and love that they are frequently in the classrooms, keeping a close eye to make sure they are fully aware of what goes on throughout the school. I think the standard attire uniforms have created a positive atmosphere as well. I just can't say enough...go visit for a tour and see for yourself!

Teasley Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2014
To the parent who posted "The previous one star review offers a lot of conjecture",being a part of a community is also about being able to express your views. Thank you for sharing yours now allow me to share mine without your judgement. Three of my child's former teachers, who were exceptional, have left the school stating they were being targeted by the principal. I will not go into details but these are teachers that I know and trust. I have volunteered in their classrooms and witnessed first hand how they implement the standards and provide challenging and supportive work environments. Other teachers I have talked to have witnessed these teachers being given poor evaluations and they are running scared...right to other schools. Principals need to be exceptional leaders and managers and Ms. Mansfield has managed to get rid of certain teachers she wants out while ignoring the teachers who are not doing what they are supposed to be doing (my child had 2 of those as well and let's not even start with the ASP teachers.) Thank you for considering my thoughts and understanding my experience does not need to be judged just because it is different from yours.

Posted September 10, 2014
Teasley is an awesome school. Our son just entered his second year at Teasley (1st grade) and we are extremely impressed with the entire Teasley community. The teachers love the children and the curriculum is on par with any private school. We also love how strong the PTA is and love Teasley's diversity; something you can't often get in a private school. Save your money and join the Tiger community!

Posted September 09, 2014
My daughter is in 1st grade at Teasley and I could not be happier. The staff has been wonderful. Even though it is a large school it feels small in that everyone knows everyone. I truly feel like the teachers care about their students. The PTA does a great job in raising money and keeping the parents engaged. I truly hope we can roll the great momentum up to the middle schools and high school here in Smyrna!

Teasley Elementary School 4

Posted June 12, 2014
The previous one star review offers a lot of conjecture and very little substance. Sorry that you've had a bad experience. My has been up and down with really great moments and some not so great. The great moments were the result of the efforts of teachers and the parents that create the Teasley community for the students. Teasley has some great teachers, there is no disputing that. The heart of Teasley is the teachers. Regarding the administration, like any school, the administration deals with a lot of issues from a lot of parents and they are doing the best they can. It is a very tough job and not being perfect, they don't always get it right. It's a work in progress with people in relatively new roles. The bottom line is that Public schools are there to serve the community and Teasley wants to be the best school it can be. Sometimes it comes up short, so instead of writing a self-satisfying, axe to grind review; how about offering some insight so perhaps changes can be made and future parents and children can have a better experience than you did. That is what being a part of a community is about.

Teasley Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2014
Half the staff wanting to leave? Says something about the principal losing the best teachers. We're out of here too, would rather pay for private school.

Posted April 07, 2014
We love Teasley. Teasley is a great school with fantastic teachers! The administration is dedicated to creating a learning environment that is supportive and successful.

Posted March 17, 2014
My child has attended Teasley for the past three years. I have been extremely pleased with the teachers, administrators, and overall feel of the school. The principal, Ms. Mansfield, is absolutely wonderful! She knows all the children and cares deeply about each one. In addition, she provides a warm, welcoming environment for parents. It is clear that her main goal is the make sure each child is doing their very best. During her time at Teasley, Ms. Mansfield has hired top notch teachers. I cannot say enough good things about our experience at Teasley Elementary!

Posted March 16, 2014
We have been at Teasley for 5 years. I have been amazed at the changes over these years. I know that these changes have started with our administration. Our principal has given great leadership as she has poured into our students, teachers and parents the pursuit of excellence in education and heart for the community there. The kids know by the hugs and the positive messages she speaks into them each day. Teasley has something incredibly special with the diversity, the passion for kids' success, the programs and activites offered that augment the education, and the genuine care for everyone to work together to make these kids enjoy coming every day! I am an advocate for our school and our administration, as that where it begins!

Teasley Elementary School
3640 Spring Hill Rd SE, Smyrna, GA  30080
Last modified Teasley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Teasley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 83 reviews. Top