Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

If there is every a problem, I sent the teacher an email so she is aware and can monitor the situation. I would also say Teasley has two amazing counselors that are there to help with things like bullying and other things students are faced with these days. They have so many tools and avenues to reach the children and usually the children have no clue that they are intervening. Teasley is pleased with great teachers and counselors that stay involved in what is going on so they can help when needed.

We have been extremely happy at Tesley. The teachers are great and truly care about the academic success of the students. Ms. Mansfield, knows all the children and is an active participant in the day. You will always see her around the school. We just registered our daughter for Kindergarten and we are excited for her to start her journey at Teasley--I would encourage people to come take a tour and see all the great things going on at Teasley.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I would have to say the leadership at Teasley is the best! They really try and get to know all the students and parents. They want it to be a community where you can come volunteer and be part of your child's journey through school. The leadership keeps the teachers and staff motivated so it is fun environment for all. They work hard with the children in mind.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Teasley has the Teasley Ten. They focus on teaching the students to be responsible and leaders. The want them to respect each other and themselves. the teachers and staff encourage positive behavior throughout the day.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers at Teasley work hard to meet the needs of all the students. They meet the student at their level and they push them to be better learners. I have seen this first hand. I have two totally different learners and we had teachers that were able to help each one be successful. The teachers care about the student and they want to help the be the best!

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel like they have a good understanding of homework. They use it to help reinforce what the students are learning in the classroom. The teachers really want the students to read at night and I feel like that is huge! Also, they don't overload the students with homework. Children in elementary school should play and not be stressed about homework.

My daughter is in 1st grade at Teasley. We are absolutely thrilled with everything about this school. She is challenged and loved and happy. This is what I look for. Mrs. Mansfield is an amazing principal. Wow. She cares about this school and her kids (as she calls them) more than any principal I've ever seen. As a former teacher, I know what goes into making a school great, and Teasley has it figured out. WE love the diversity of the school. The parents are highly involved, and the community feel is great. I cannot even process why this school would have a 6 rating. To me, this school is a 10/10. I am thrilled sending my baby (and future Tigers) there every day.

This is my son's 1st year at Teasley and he started in the 1st grade with Mrs. Hamrick. Overall he has had a really good experience with the school and his teacher. Prior to attending Teasley he was at a small christian school in Smyrna that prepared him well academically (reading, phonics, and math), however, the curriculum and culture was not a long term fit. We sought out Teasley after reviewing the historical IOWA and CRCT scores (CCSD website), student diversity, gifted programs, afterschool programs, and a few tours/coffee hours with parents/teachers. As a professional who has worked on the administrative side of public, charter, and private schools I would strongly recommended taking into consideration all of these factors when making your decision as to a school fit for your child and family. Great schools should be only 1 component of your overall assessment of a school and its community where ever you live. While there is great info from reviews the hard data is a few years behind as well as some of the programming. Pros: Local community feel, parental engagement opportunities for working & non-working parents, student diversity, opportunities for more challenging homework/classes, afterschool extracurricular (Robotics, STEM, Chess, Arts, etc.) Cons: Morning carpool line (I don't know one that is good). I gave it a 4 because it has not been a whole year yet and I am still learning about the school culture.

The staff is amazing!!! My Children came from another school district and I thought that they were going to struggle academically, since it was a different curriculum. However Mrs.Thompson, Mrs.Hamrick are awesome teachers. Both keep me informed on my kids progress, all of the staff communicates very well, and my twins really love this school. I am praying that I find a house that is zoned for this school. Great School!!!!

Teasley provides a quality education, families are engaged and it shows, excellent preparation and foundation for the future provided at Teasley

Last modified Teasley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.